Sign in to follow this  
petteerr

Surrendering module

About surrendering i have f5 the module with some groups or a groupo but they never surrender! I may saw one member at a battle standing down with his weapon lay down,but when enemy see him they shoout at him!

The surrender action isnt with hands up or sth?

Hi,

The surrender module does not need to be synced or grouped.

The surrender module will kick in as soon as there are fleeing units.

When units flee, there is a set of conditions that are checked, and depending on these conditions, the units can surrender.

It's dependent on friendly/enemy force, and some more variables. Groups with players do not surrender.

Units that surrender will drop their weapons and put their hands behind their heads, change to side civilian and at some point will be garbage collected.

Hope this helps :)

Can you detect if you are shooting a surrendered unit, and i.e. give the killer a negative score?

Oh, never mind... Civilian check on killed-EH I guess...

I still cant do it,i have put surrender module on map but i cant make units surrender yet!Everyone fight till death,they are very fanatics..lol

Is there a mission which demonstrate this function?

Try taking a Tank on the opposite side of the AI :)

This video gives a demonstration though killing the surrendered ai :O

If you placed the SRRS gamelogic, add to an init field or init.sqf:

nul = [] spawn { waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_SRRS_DEBUG_VIS")}; BIS_SRRS_DEBUG_VIS = true };

You will be able to see the state the units are in (see this table for what which color means: http://gist.github.com/124532)

Edited by Sickboy

Any way you know of to make friendly AI not commit war crimes and shoot prisoners constantly? ;)

They just kill the prisoners straight away ...

Add negative scores to them. Say -10 per kill. Should make them think twice about it :) Also you could broadcast this message:

server globalChat format ["%1 killed a surrendered enemy and was awarded -10 score points", name _killer];

name _killer just as how regular killed evendhandlers would show. :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Add negative scores to them. Say -10 per kill. Should make them think twice about it :) Also you could broadcast this message:

server globalChat format ["%1 killed a surrendered enemy and was awarded -10 score points", name _killer];

name _killer just as how regular killed evendhandlers would show. :)

That's hardly going to convince the AI. :)

I have some questions:

after the AI(s) surrender what can we (players or allied AI's) do with the surrender AI individual?

Can we take him to the base or something? How exactly does this procedure work after the surrender act?

Will they stand there? will they try to pick up the weapon again to kill us?

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Any way you know of to make friendly AI not commit war crimes and shoot prisoners constantly? ;)

They just kill the prisoners straight away ...

In OpF/ArmA this used to be done via setCaptive command.

Seems odd that the surrender script doesn't do this on it's own? What is the point of the enemy surrendering if they will simply be shot anyways :)

Would be nice if a user-made script didn't have to be run on top of the surrendering to make the AI NOT shoot prisoners ...

They are set to captive (and become part of civilian side), though it might be too late.. your kill-hungry AI might be just too quick ;)

Why BIS not create another side, such as per example the surrenders (hidden one) witch could have several, random and different behaviors for each situation?

If the enemy surrenders, it would become not a civilian, not an animal, but an surrender special side with the option to interact, dialog with the player or AI's in order to create more possibilities to the game, missions and so on.

I thing its really limited when the enemy surrenders and become just a part of the civilian side. Why not creating more interactive options when this "phenomenon" happen?

edit: maybe I'm in the wrong thread.

Oh sorry, completely misunderstood the stuff about friendly AI :ups:

If the surrendered units changes to civilian side, I guess you can have a script going that constantly adds the "setCaptive true" to all of these, or something. Big time repeating trigger would also do, but probably not the best way.

Could have side effects though.

But I'd consider it a bug. I don't think it is intentional that friendly AI would engage surrendered units. Fleeing with weapon, ok. But not surrendered ones. At least I can't think of any reason.

I support the special side too, per side :) In i.e. a revive type script (or custom respawn using 'enprisonment') could be used to force those on that side to have their own radio channel for that side, without being able to chat to anyone still alive on their own side or anyone in similar state on the other side. Kind of like a side specific 'seagull channel' that is neutral to everything.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

He didnt see the unit surrender or he doesnt care or didnt hear leader not to shoot yet.

so of they surrender can i arrest them or something?

No, they just stand there.

Yeah, I was hoping I could at least slap on a restraint kit. Seems pretty unusual that we would just let an enemy soldier stand around with his hands behind his head, right next to an assault rifle by his feet...

Considering how underdeveloped this and other modules are, I can't help but hope that more functionality will be available with additional patches. The options mentioned in this thread would be a great start.

You have to keep in mind that the modules were made for the campaign.

As you see, in such a complicated setup, it is easy to screw the mission logic.

So I would assume they were kept simple for a purpose.

I can't get the surrender module to work. I'm using a tank blasting an enemy infantry squad. They always fight to the last man, continuing to fire on my tank with assault rifles and even handguns, never running away or surrendering.

I just placed the module on the map in the editor, as there is no synchronization needed, or is it? What am I doing wrong?

No sync needed. On Utes I setup three USMC squads to attack two Russian squads on the airport, way outnumbering them. Added the surrender module. To constantly check results, I added the following trigger:

Activated by anybody

Size 500x500 (adjust to suit area)

Repeatable

Condition: time % 2 > 1

On activation: hint format ["West: %1\nEast: %2\nCiv: %3", west countSide thislist, east countSide thislist, civilian countSide thislist]

You can also try allowFleeing.

It still works for me, on first 1.06 beta, and has worked since the demo (not that I use it that much). But I haven't been able to trigger some mass fleeing going on. Not sure why. Also, sometimes the surrendered unit will still be shot by our troops, despite being civilian (captive). Maybe if he is already a target when it happens, he will remain so? Not sure.

Ok, maybe the problem is that I used only 1 tank against an infantry squad, not a lot of troops vastly outnumbering the enemy. But I still think that the last man should flee when facing my tank without AT weapons and everyone else in his squad is dead. But he keeps firing uselessly at the tank with his rifle rather than surrender.

I'll try putting some more friendly troops in.