Sign in to follow this  
garack666

How to turn Anti Aliasing on - Game looks horrible without

How can i turn AA on, theres no Option in Menu?

Or is this Game like most UT3 Engine Action Games with HDR and NO Anti Alaising ??

I hate the Lines look very ugly without AA.

So is there a way to enable it? I have got Ati 4870 and you cannot force the drivers to go in compatibility mode with tools like nhancer....

Cmon now ofcourse there is AA and AF in ARMA2... If you cant see it you have a problem on your end. What? I dont know. But sure ARMA2 has AA 100%.

Or is this Game like most UT3 Engine Action Games with HDR and NO Anti Alaising ??

So is there a way to enable it? I have got Ati 4870 and you cannot force the drivers to go in compatibility mode with tools like nhancer....

Nope theres no option in menu and i can read german :)

Hi all

Guessing but you may have to turn on the advanced button in the video options menu.

Kind regards walker

Hi I'm not a huge techie but if your not getting results through the options menu, then go into the ati catalyst control panel. There should be options in there relating to AA and AF. I have the same card as you do and thats what I did, surprisingly it helped reduce AA in somes quite a bit, including Arma1.

Hi I'm not a huge techie but if your not getting results through the options menu, then go into the ati catalyst control panel. There should be options in there relating to AA and AF. I have the same card as you do and thats what I did, surprisingly it helped reduce AA in somes quite a bit, including Arma1.

^^ this wont help here.

is there a HDR setting? If its to high (32) you will not get AA on a ATI card. At least in ARMA1. Do you have a "config" file, like ARAM1 has in, My Documents/ARMA?

Can you show us a screenshot of your settings menu, so we can see what's different from this one? Cheers.

click on "Standard", it should then change to "Advanced" and you should see more options. Although from what I've been reading it doesn't work properly yet though.

Turn up "Fillrate optimiser" past 100%. That will get you some kind of AA, it's the equivalent of supersampling so it might be pretty demanding. But it will give AA for transparent textures too (like trees and bushes) which looks good.

Yes its there, its just not called antialiasing, you can under or oversamled picture by fillrate optimizer, when you will set it highher then 100% you can smoothly set supersampling (full picture antialiasing).

Yes its there, its just not called antialiasing, you can under or oversamled picture by fillrate optimizer, when you will set it highher then 100% you can smoothly set supersampling (full picture antialiasing).

How does this compare to normal antialiasing, performance wise? I've seen from screenshots that fillrate the slider should go up to 200%. Would this be comparable to 8x FSAA?

How does this compare to normal antialiasing, performance wise? I've seen from screenshots that fillrate the slider should go up to 200%. Would this be comparable to 8x FSAA?

id like to know that too pls.

I think its like 4xFSAA (from four pixels is calculated one at result)

it was just noncence in UI, i guess that new method for shadows and Z-priming (fast vegetation drawing) are compatible just wit AA due supersample methods.

Maybe the AA button has been removed in release versions because... it didn't do anything :D

Maybe the AA button has been removed in release versions because... it didn't do anything :D

We will try to enable MS AA in some patch. It should be possible, if you will tolerate some minor artifacts on some shadowed edges (I have seen the same artifact in many games with AA enabled, therefore I think it is not that bad).

Meanwhile, you can improve image quality by using Fillrate over 100, however this is more demanding on GPU. What it does is real high quality super sampling, therefore setting to 200 % should result in a better image quality than MSAA 4x can do, and 150 % should be somewhat better than 2x MSAA.

We will try to enable MS AA in some patch. It should be possible, if you will tolerate some minor artifacts on some shadowed edges (I have seen the same artifact in many games with AA enabled, therefore I think it is not that bad).

Meanwhile, you can improve image quality by using Fillrate over 100, however this is more demanding on GPU. What it does is real high quality super sampling, therefore setting to 200 % should result in a better image quality than MSAA 4x can do, and 150 % should be somewhat better than 2x MSAA.

great, thx alot! i just hope it wont be too demanding! is it possible to force AA through my driver?

great, thx alot! i just hope it wont be too demanding! is it possible to force AA through my driver?

From my experience, you can always force AA through the driver - even on games that don't support it (like EVE Online). The result may not always be good though.

I guess i stand corrected - sorta. Remember the AA option in early images and thaught it was there.

So for me that in ArmA1 doesnt see much FPS drop when i go AA=HIGH compared to AA=NONE, will 200% Fillrate have more impact on my machine than AA=HIGH in ArmA1? Hard question to answer maybe?

Alex

72;1291092']I guess i stand corrected - sorta. Remember the AA option in early images and thaught it was there.

So for me that in ArmA1 doesnt see much FPS drop when i go AA=HIGH compared to AA=NONE' date=' will 200% Fillrate have more impact on my machine than AA=HIGH in ArmA1? Hard question to answer maybe?

Alex[/quote']

Considering that 200% fillrate is supposed to be "better than" 4x MSAA, and that MSAA itself is already pretty heavy on performance, I would assume that 200% fillrate will totally murder your GPU, then rape your cat for good measure.