Sign in to follow this  
okarr

please scrap the SP before international release

it is quite obvious that no one has play tested the single player campaign.

you might want to omit the SP campaign in the international release because in its current state it is totally broken.

it is not just small things, it is completely broken. mission triggers dont work. squad commands dont work. npc choppers crash and bounce of buildings without blowing up. squad mates get stuck in places the player cant reach.

keymappings are incomplete and on screen help refers to assignments that arent actually present.

cut scene options have no effect. eg. you get the option to retire after losing your team leader and instead of the story picking up from there you get sent back to the start of the cut scene in order to chose the other option. why give a choice in the first place??

the voice acting is all over the place. the volumes are inconsistent, some times you have environmental effects on the voice, some times you dont.

the npc driver that is supposed to drive you to a camp proceeds to crash into the first road sign...

i know arma is about user made content and MP but to have this SP experience is a mockery.

also, i some how switched to a team mate and now i cant switch back to the team leader so the squad just stands around in the same place.

i suppose i should be thankful because that means i can rambo the mission without having to look out for them.

the UAV is a total joke too.

what was bohemia thinking when releasing this???

it is so frustrating because you can see the good in this game but currently it is plain broken. :mad:

i think it is beyond patching to be honest.

they are better of getting a decent community mission builder to do it i think.

i ve only played two missions and i m ready to tear my hair out. i seriously think the campaign is beyond saving via patching :(

The start is nothing. Wait till you get to the Warfare missions.

Is it realy that bad? This is first thread bashing SP campaign that badly and the game has been released over a week ago... weird.

Instead of moaning about the campaign and giving vague examples, how about saying what mission each bug occurs in, and what the bug is? Constructive criticism is needed instead of being pessimistic and telling BIS to completely remove the campaign.

Campaign was the most ambitious part of the game i think, open ended, rpg elements, dynamic and MP coopable, give them a chance...

Rest of the game is just a better looking Arma with some minor tweaks and scripts it seems.

i really dont have the time or willingness to do the bug reporting for it. sorry, egoistical, i know.

i m gonna play MP from here on in as i think this is were the game will really shine. i guess BI thought the same way hence the broken SP campaign.

playing as intended now and please dont take it as a bashing and more as utter amazement how this could have happened.

i know arma and opf always had some small bugs in the campaigns but that pales in comparison.

sadly, it really is that bad :(

edit: havent seen any rpg elements so far. can some one comfirm that they come in later in the campaign?

yeah, just leave all singleplayer components out of the game. i mean, it's not like anybody actually buys these games for their singleplayer content, right?

sarcasm off. :j:

edit: havent seen any rpg elements so far. can some one comfirm that they come in later in the campaign?

After the Chernogorsk mission the sandbox style missions begin. I wouldn't use the term RPG.

I really loved the campaign (if you don't count the many bugs) till the base building started. Then it wen't to hell. If i wan't to build bases and *hit, i'll play C&C or similar, which i don't because i have always hated those games after the Dune2.

Edited by Potatomasher

Is it realy that bad? This is first thread bashing SP campaign that badly and the game has been released over a week ago... weird.

That's not correct, unfortunately.

If you can read German, to to www.gamestar. or www.pcgames.de and look after the tests of the campaign and the AI and you'll see that okarr is absolutely right in the listing of these bugs!

Yes Campaign is extremely bugged, even after 1.01 final. In some famous mission you even can't continue the campaign anymore...

Countless of bad Voices in Germany saying the last days, that Arma2 is MORE bugged than Arma1 was.

And even though i personally say that its "different" bugged than Arma1, the bugs are as severe as others in Arma1.

Conclusion list so far:

SP Campaign heavy bugged

AI Heavy bugged (part why the Campaign is not working)

MP Mode bugged

Coop Campaign heavy bugged

As i said before, the German release was/is a same debacle as with Arma1 - its screwed completely already!

The game never will get more than 70% in the final reviews appearing this Month - and 70% is rather average->bad in todays gaming-press ratings!

And this is so extremely sad as the game really has the potential to get a blockbuster!

Now Problem comes when they release the game in 1.01 Status International. This will screw the whole thing worldwide i assume unfortunately, at least if the International Press is as perfectionist as the German one is/was.

If you've got bugs to report, you know where to do so, if you've got your impressions to post, there's the stickied impressions thread.