Sign in to follow this  
BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases a rucksack addon

And yet another news with release at Mapfact.net! xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]From todays` time we are proud to present the Mapfact Backpack. Some suggestions for the backback owes to WGL Mod, but however it is a completestandalone addon and a genuine joint venture work by Mapfact. The models and textures are from Flashpoint_k, the Config and some scripts are from BadAss and raedor made the backpack fully functional for MP (on a small internal Workshop in Hamburg) finally.

Ruck1k.jpg Ruck6k.jpg Ruck14k.jpg

Ruck2k.jpg Ruck7k.jpg Ruck4k.jpg

This Addon.pbo containes several Rucksack models and a radio equipment. Rucksack and radio as well are secondary weapons, they cover the LAW weapon slot and get carried on the back - who would have thought this!

Both weapons also have to be "shot" just like any other weapon, with the only difference that something else will happen.

To use the Rucksack, unofficial addons are not needed. You just need "OperationFlashpoint/Resistance" in the version 1.96. The Rucksack supports several third party addons. You will find matching Rucksack magazines for the following addons:

- MarineAssaultPack, - Lasers US Weapons 2.0, - JAM3, - BW Mod, - Kabals Sniper Rifles, - P2A1 Flare Gun

Extra special thanks go to ECP for making the Rucksack ECP compatible. smile_o.gif

Read more at www.Mapfact.net and download it here. welcome.gif

Fantastic Addon!

The feature with the small tent is reason enough to download and USE this addon!

Great job mapfact team!

MfG Lee thumb.gif

is it RHS weapons compatible? Looks good! Hoep you update it so it covers all the big mods and addon packs weapons biggrin_o.gif

see if i can try this out tomorow cause im to tired to think right now crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Nice job, really good. It works simply enough, and i really like the idea of being able to carry around Bandages with you, and set up a hide-out, etc, good job.

One thing though, do the Rations do anything to the player other than make him munch away? (e.g. heal??)

Mirror here.

There will be updates, sure!

But after including about 400 JAM Mags I was pretty fed up... so that's the main reason letting out other great mods, eg.  OFrP... UK Foreces, RHS are good ideas.

The rations do heal the player but no real function for that yet. I thought of rpg (role play game effects)...

Thanks for downloading and thanks for your kind comments! smile_o.gif

Great that its released now, good job Mapfact team. thumbs-up.gif

I will have some good use for it on long range desert patrols.

Are all the classnames the rucksack takes inside the .pbo? If so, does that mean i could edit them to include, e.g. LLW magazines, and also edit the number each Rucksack ammo will give off in terms of magazines to drop? And how many ammo slots the LAW's and Grenades take up? And so long as other players i play with have the same version of the Rucksack pbo as i do, we can play MP with it?

i couldn't sleep yet so i turned on the computer and gave the rucksack a try  biggrin_o.gif

Damn i love it! Only thing is i can't pack the tent back into my rucksack when i use the pack action in the action menu, it plays the sound wich is very nice but it doesn't pack the tent.. waited a minute but nothing happened , ran around and checked ammo boxes and tested the other tents and stuff wich where cool  smile_o.gif  the blue one would suit perfect for those civilian under cover missions maybe. and also the camo nets i can't put into the backpack either btw. But they are very nice. I wonder is there a snow and woodland version of the camo net?

OK did some more testing and used the backpacks in the crates and stuff and after some minutes it suddenly worked to pack the camo nets and tents into the backpacks! tounge2.gif

dunno why it didn't work the first time but it may have had something with a time it took for scripts to activate and stuff.

Time for some behind enemy lines backpack carrying this week! yay.gif

@ CanadianTerror: no I'm afraid we completely forgot about that. wink_o.gif

@ honcho: that's what the rations are supposed for. Eating or drinking brings back about 10% health. You just need some damage script to make the player thirsty and hungry. smile_o.gif

@ HotShot: it's very well possible. But there's more than one place to include further mags. Maybe you send me a message to further discuss this topic? wink_o.gif

@ Commando84: fine it works. I'ld be very sad when something doesn't work after all the testing. I guess it's a bit tricky to use the rucksck at fiorst, but once you got it it's very easy. Putting it into your missions should be fairly easy as well.

can i select this on missions like in description files?

rhs weapons can use jam mags anyway i think. smile_o.gif

Great work, Chris.

However, I'd like to apologize not having replied sooner to your second request. In fact, the ATBB bug can still be solved through configuration.

Here's how I put it in our board -- Homefry might have/will reply(ied):

Quote[/b] ]ECP doesn't foresee a situation in which you can fire a secondary weapon without actual ordnance. Alternatively, our event handlers will only skip ordnance whose initial speed is zero. Since the rucksack is based on the LAW Launcher, the initial projectile speed is set to 30m/s -- regardless of being based on "shotMine" simulation. In order to fix this, they must set the initial projectile velocity to zero, as featured in the following code:

cfgWeapons.hpp (extract)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class MAP_RucksackBase: LAWLauncher

{

scopeWeapon=public;

scopeMagazine=private;

displayName = "Rucksack";

displayNameMagazine="Rucksack";

shortNameMagazine="Rucksack";

nameSound="weapon";

uipicture="";

reloadSound[]={"",1,1};

reloadSoundMagazine[]={"",1,1};

picture="\MAP_Rucksack\pics\psdalice.jpg";

model="\MAP_Rucksack\rucks\USAliceF.p3d";

modelOptics="";

ammo="";

initSpeed=0; // Set initial projectile speed to 0

magazines[]=

{

#include "MAP_Rucksack\cfgRuckMags.hpp"

};

};

Edit

If you're willing to solve this in your current release version, refer to Mikero's PatchPbo. wink_o.gif It's simple, effective and avoids having to release another pack just because of a slight code change.

the units in that picture

Picture tounge2.gif

are these the german forces with their winter camo? i mean, it looks like, but i'd like to be sure

the units in that picture

Picture tounge2.gif

are these the german forces with their winter camo? i mean, it looks like, but i'd like to be sure

They look like Kegetys Russian Winter troops.... smile_o.gif

right. smile_o.gif

The german winter camo backpack looks a little different  wink_o.gif

btw: Has someone good pictures of the backpacks used by the UK forces?

I appreciate your help very much, Komuna! Thank you! smile_o.gif

It works very fine now. I've just downloaded the pbo patcher program, so I can try to make some patch for the rucksack.

It's very likely that we will do some updates of the rucksack to include some more magazines for even more mods and weaponpacks. New rucksacks might follow, too, sometime in the future. You're welcome either post or pm suggestions, ideas and wishes. wink_o.gif

But due to limited time at the moment we might not be able to do it in the next couple of weeks. Christmas holidays might be the next opportunity to get some time to pack some more stuff into the backpack. xmas_o.gif

For the moment: thx for your nice replies and have fun! smile_o.gif

just for the future when you make a bigger update to the backpacks you could maybe add a yellow backpack a red backpack and maybe a brown one too tounge2.gif

different civilian backpacks could be cool to have for some agent , civie type missions where you maybe have to find a guy with a special color or type of backpack wink_o.gif

Also another idea of type of backpack could be a backpack with a chair that can be pulled out and then be used to sit on.

and a little overkill idea could be if i could like get my own little radar or something to pull up from the backpack, dunno if its realistic but some sort of short range 700 meters or so radar that could be like the player sitting infront of a laptop with some animations player sitting infront of the laptp screen and you would see in the top of the screen the red , white , green dots whatever like when you are inside a shilka, chopper , tank ect..

i have a small proposition for you, a mapfact weapons backpack as well biggrin_o.gif with 'em mines and XM8 weapons pistols.gif

also have a idea for a engineer backpack that could make the unit that carries it to be able to serve as a mobile repair unit biggrin_o.gif but im not sure if thats even possible in ofp but its just a idea wink_o.gif a briefcase like in Vbs 1 movie i saw once would be cool to have with the backpack addon pack, could be silver , black , brown leather cases i dunno. Open , closed cases. A laptop backpack would also be cool stuff i think.Laptop backpack example okay end of ideas and sugestions now biggrin_o.gif I like the addon alot event though it takes a while to learn how to use it and i wish the best of luck with your projects.

I couldn't manage to make a working patch for the rucksack yet, but I've just uploaded the new version 1.01 without gunsmoke in ECP!

go download! xmas_o.gif

In our forum there was a question concerning the rucksack and respawns. When you're respawn in MP missions all your EventHandlers are deleted by OFP. Since the rucksack uses EventHandlers it doesn't work anymore after you died. The next version of our respawn will solve this problem, though.

@ Commando84: I had the laptop idea as well. But not to serve as a radar but to enable you to communicate with other units and to give them orders, just like in my mission "Leaves in the wind". I note your ideas, so lets see, what we can do. The mechanics idea is very good. Maybe it's possible.

Did you read the read me? There you could have seen the Mapfact XM8 is included as well...  wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Rucksack-Magazines for Mapfact Mags

Rucksackmag ClassNames InGameNames

MAP_XM8_M30_PDM MAP_XM8_BC_Mag30

MAP_XM8_M100_PDM MAP_XM8_BC_Mag100

MAP_XM10600_PDM MAP_XM1060

MAP_XM8_M30sd_PDM MAP_XM8_SD_Mag30

MAP_LB_PDM MAP_LaserBattery

There is DPM backpack model in BLEEM. Maybe you can try to get access to WGL backpacks (ALICE, RAID and some Russian ones).