Sign in to follow this  
lao fei mao

Improve the 3rd person view of all vehicles and some other feature.

I by myself don't like the default 3rd person view of infantry, cars, tank, jets and helos.

For example, I wish I could see my whole body as an infantry, to see bigger size of gunship while flying it....

So I made some config things for my personal use and like to share them to those who have the same appetite.

Mao_Sights_Air.pbo ----get a closer 3rd view of all BIS's jets and helicopters,and keep the in-cockpit FOV the same as you out of it, disable the zoom-in when click the right mouse button.

Mao_Sights_Boats.pbo ----get a better 3rd view of all BIS's boats,and keep the in-cockpit FOV the same as you out of it, disable the zoom-in when click the right mouse button.

Mao_Sights_Man.pbo ----whole body 3rd person view.

Mao_Sights_Static.pbo ----get a closer 3rd view of all BIS's static weapons,and keep the in-cockpit FOV the same as you out of it, disable the zoom-in when click the right mouse button.

Mao_Sights_Tracked.pbo ----get a better 3rd view of all BIS's boats,and keep the in-cockpit FOV the same as you out of it, disable the zoom-in when click the right mouse button.

Mao_Sights_Weapons.pbo ----a slightly auto zoom in while aiming if you use the ironsight,reddot, holosight.

Mao_Sights_Wheeled.pbo ----get a better 3rd view of all BIS's boats,and keep the in-cockpit FOV the same as you out of it, disable the zoom-in when click the right mouse button.

Mao_Anims_Fix.pbo ----increase the stability while aiming, especially when you are in prone.

Mao_blood_mist_a3.pbo -----you could see the blood mist when a bullet hit the body, this is an updated version from my last one, if you got the old one, delete it. Noted: it doesn't work well with Blastcore mod.

Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo -----increase bullet hit value, so that you could take a enemy down by 1 or 2 rounds, I really hate in current 1.08version, you have to strafe a bunch of ammo to waste a bad guy.

Mao_Muzzle_Smoke.pbo ----decrased the muzzle smoke density so that the FPS won't drop drastically while you auto fire a rifle or machinegun with a high zoom rate optic.

Mao_Tracer.pbo ----make each fire has its tracer no matter you have a tracer mag or not, may not be realistic but could increase the atmosphere while fighting.

Download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/23955017/%40Mao.zip

Some screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211890322

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211890310

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211890300

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211890285

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211890272

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Excellent updates mate ... downloading now !

EDIT following testing: Blood Mist has a strange effect when JSRS or Blastcore is present (haven't tried them individually yet) in that the mist flies up in the air. Any ideas why ?

Edited by Kremator

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Excellent updates mate ... downloading now !

EDIT following testing: Blood Mist has a strange effect when JSRS or Blastcore is present (haven't tried them individually yet) in that the mist flies up in the air. Any ideas why ?

I didn't try it with jsrs and blastcore, which might change the basic array of class bood, beacause my bloodmist only inheritage parts of it, it runs well in non other addons environment.

Sweet mod Mao!

So I have a question/request - For the 3rd person camera being zoomed out so you can see your character's whole body, does it change your first person view at all?

If not, would it be possible for you to do an additional pbo that zooms you in instead of out, so that you just see your waist and above? Example:

CDhtEVb.jpg

I ask because I currently use an FOV changer mod to get more zoomed in in 3rd person, but it also changes my 1st person FOV which gives me a headache when I'm in 1st.

Edited by MacScottie

I keep the same FOV whenever you in first person view or 3rd person view, they are all 0.75, if you use another mode, you should disable my Mao_Sights_Man.pbo

Hi Lao Fei Mao, I am really interested in this, "Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo -----increase bullet hit value, so that you could take a enemy down by 1 or 2 rounds, I really hate in current 1.08version, you have to strafe a bunch of ammo to waste a bad guy."

Could you explain a bit about how it works? I use an event handler on units and unit spawns to make them die with 1-2 bullets. The way it works is very simple. When an enemy takes any damsge multiply it by 2. How does your .pbo work? Does it work universally? Does it work on any unit? Does it work on the player? Thanks for answering. This is very desired by a lot of the community.

There is a known compatibility issue between Blastcore and the original Blood_Mist mod, so I'd expect the same to be true with the new version here.

Hi Lao Fei Mao, I am really interested in this, "Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo -----increase bullet hit value, so that you could take a enemy down by 1 or 2 rounds, I really hate in current 1.08version, you have to strafe a bunch of ammo to waste a bad guy."

Could you explain a bit about how it works? I use an event handler on units and unit spawns to make them die with 1-2 bullets. The way it works is very simple. When an enemy takes any damsge multiply it by 2. How does your .pbo work? Does it work universally? Does it work on any unit? Does it work on the player? Thanks for answering. This is very desired by a lot of the community.

-----It works for all BIS's bullets and units, can't guarantee it workds for 3rd party mods if they have their own bullet hit value defined.

Ah, well it wont work for me as my unit uses 5.56 from various mods such as RH M-4's and Massi's but I can tell you that a lot of people will really appreciate this. The one major issue I have with Arma 3 is the unrealistic damage values. Great work I would like to open the .pbo and look at your formula.

The download link seems broken to me, anyone got this problem too? :(

anyway,still thanks for Lao Fei Mao's work!

-----It works for all BIS's bullets and units, can't guarantee it workds for 3rd party mods if they have their own bullet hit value defined.

And that's why an eventhandler might be a better solution. :)

And that's why an eventhandler might be a better solution. :)

I actually opened this .pbo up and its a config .cpp I plan to add the mas 5.56 and RH 5.56 classnames to it today for testing. If it works this would be far more universal than using event handlers on everything in every mission.

I have Lao Fei Mao's Maos_Bullet_Hits_Addon ready to go with the RH m4 ammo as well as the Massi, TMR, and SCAR ammos from those mods. With Permission Lao Fei Mao I would like to post that .pbo for everyone. Full credits will go to you. This will adjust all the NATO 5.56 hits to more realistic damage without using event handlers.

I have Lao Fei Mao's Maos_Bullet_Hits_Addon ready to go with the RH m4 ammo as well as the Massi, TMR, and SCAR ammos from those mods. With Permission Lao Fei Mao I would like to post that .pbo for everyone. Full credits will go to you. This will adjust all the NATO 5.56 hits to more realistic damage without using event handlers.

-----Yes, buddy, you may post it under your credits.

hi mao,

thnx for develop this addon, but can you split the mod in separate parts?

the mod is called 3rd person view, so it only should change the sights,

the other parts should be separated, that there is no interference with other mods.

there are some other mod who can handle the anims, blood mist, bullet hits, tracer and muzzle stuff.

what do you think?

cheers

Mao_blood_mist_a3.pbo -----you could see the blood mist when a bullet hit the body, this is an updated version from my last one, if you got the old one, delete it. Noted: it doesn't work well with Blastcore mod.

Who said so? I have Blastcore aswell, it works properly with Blood_Mist activated. No visual errors or something like that, works fine.

Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo

Lao Fei Mao, I would be glad if you could help me. I would like to edit the 40mm grenades and the Titan AA missile. Is it possible to add grenade or rocket ammunition to the Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo ?

Example: (I don't know what to do with the :BulletCore)

class M_Titan_AA: BulletCore

{

hit = 140 + hitvalecoef;

};

regards

Lao Fei Mao,

I am having issues with your 3rd person vehicle cam.

Im unable to use cam to look around in vehicles,or zoom while in vehicle. This includes air veihicles.

Lao Fei Mao, I would be glad if you could help me. I would like to edit the 40mm grenades and the Titan AA missile. Is it possible to add grenade or rocket ammunition to the Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo ?

Example: (I don't know what to do with the :BulletCore)

class M_Titan_AA: BulletCore

{

hit = 140 + hitvalecoef;

};

regards

I you want to enlarge the TITAN hit value, just write one you want it to be. By the way, you should quote the missilecore for M_Titan_AA instead of Bulletcore.

class Missilecore ;

class M_Titan_AA: Missilecore

{

hit = 1000; /////I'm sure 1000 will power enough to give one shot one kill of tank.

};

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Lao Fei Mao,

I am having issues with your 3rd person vehicle cam.

Im unable to use cam to look around in vehicles,or zoom while in vehicle. This includes air veihicles.

Yes, there is such a bug since 1.22 version, beacuse BI changed the basic class turret structure. I can give you a updated one of download link some night this week.

I you want to enlarge the TITAN hit value, just write one you want it to be. By the way, you should quote the missilecore for M_Titan_AA instead of Bulletcore.

class Missilecore ;

class M_Titan_AA: Missilecore

{

hit = 1000; /////I'm sure 1000 will power enough to give one shot one kill of tank.

};

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Yes, there is such a bug since 1.22 version, beacuse BI changed the basic class turret structure. I can give you a updated one of download link some night this week.

So does this issue occur even without your mod?Because i did have same issue but on a much smaller scale without your mod since 1.22.

Download link would be super when you have the time man. Xie xie

So does this issue occur even without your mod?Because i did have same issue but on a much smaller scale without your mod since 1.22.

Download link would be super when you have the time man. Xie xie

Yes, this only happens with the "mao_sights_air.pbo", you may remove it then no problem.

COOL Thanks Mao. Thought it was broke on veihicles too.

Pity what hapened in yunan yesterday,glad to see your not near that earth quake.