Sign in to follow this  
GranolaBar

Water Surface - Give your Suggestion

Quote and Quote Answer about water.

IF DEV"s can write a little answer about this topic.

Many few questions about this annoying water surface. All the game was so good and with the image under, it's difficult to imagine a mission with this no graphic bug...

• Nobody or old mod in Arma 2 solved this old graphic water ?
  • Nobody have a suggestion ?
  • The new rain effect comes with new water maybe ?
  • other...

bug.jpg

i posted this as a bug in the bug tracker but it is just closed as no bug, is that not a mistake?

Hi man, it's not a bug just a problem with surface of the water.

It's the same than the Skyrim Game and on this game there was a petition to address this problem. In my case, I also find it problematic when one wishes to make an assault on a beach or defend a position, if you see on one kilometer enemies or placement of mines ... Furthermore, it is common with the camera and the movement of waves, that this display issue is present and gives only want to play third person on the surface of the sea.

In all the case, it's not the priority of the game and the gameplay, but it's very annoying when you play in the sea.

Edited by GranolaBar

Wasn't adressed in any other Arma because we couldn't get underwater (without mods.... or bugs). Rain effects doubtfully have anything to do with it.

Suggestion? A permanent setfog [x,y, negative value here] or something like that for those over water? Or this would make the see not transparent?

In the whole scale of the game somethings may end broken, got to live with that.... =\

I don't understand why this can't be fixed? You have post-process working when fully submerged. Can't you track the waves and camera and only apply post-process for the part of the screen that is underwater?

I don't understand why this can't be fixed? You have post-process working when fully submerged. Can't you track the waves and camera and only apply post-process for the part of the screen that is underwater?

DEV's of the game have only the answer on the waves, if the graphic engine was so old for that, or if they want to improve this part of gameplay.

Actually it's impossible to imagine to play in mp with underwater approach to attack a camp or other. It's so easy to view ennemy or mines or others units on 200 to 1000 m range...

Maybe this part of gameplay would be fixed, maybe not. Maybe community could be fixed it. If the same problem was fixed on Skyrim which do no have an important underwater gameplay, we can imagine than this problem was fixed here.

Wait and See.

Anothers Suggestions ?

Update : A pack of problems met in addition to the problem of camera known: Whatever the power of the waves, the character does not move vertically, it's just a visual effect. For cons, the physics of ship is managed and that will lower or rise well with the wave (no problem). By against wave with or without a boat irradiated at the same speed. And the most known bug: KA-60 bounces without losing speed in contact with water

Edited by GranolaBar

Twos videos with the latest version of VbS2.12 (june 2013)

On the 2nd video, the problem with camera on surface was solved. (2min50) I want it !!!!!

It's not perfect with the simple texture that gives a relief effect (blank surface in the video) but it's more better than the actually water

There is no true upgrade, but there is also mask^^....

(An another nice thread with intervention of MadDOGx : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158535-Water-simulation-visual-and-physical)

looks good!

i am quite sure, this "bug" will be fixed. someone on the dev-team must be a fan of diving in arma, otherwise we wouldn't have this feature. i can't imagine they are happy with this "issue".

i can't imagine they are happy with this "issue".

Hi, we are not happy with this issue, we will want to change it with improvements water shader. Thanks for feedback

Hi, we are not happy with this issue, we will want to change it with improvements water shader. Thanks for feedback

Apologies for my ignorance, but rather than adding a player based shader could you not force a fog effect, seeing as volumetric fog is now supported, to anything below sea level? Or does this encounter problems with waves, because I can certainly see that being the case.

GranolaBar

Actually you move vertically with waves. I've tested it near the airfield and you can see changes in perspective when going up and down. The further you are from the shore, the more visible the effect.

GranolaBar

Actually you move vertically with waves. I've tested it near the airfield and you can see changes in perspective when going up and down. The further you are from the shore, the more visible the effect.

Maybe or not, many area have this issue, other less. In addition, not a true problem, but outside on the map, there is no texture on the ground underwater surface...

I wonder has any game really fixed this issue?

Skyrim for exemple after a petition, but here, we are in a beta and the engine have limits with shaders. It's not really a big problem, but if you want to play normal or not, you can have this issue all the time on the surface and with the approach (and with news vehicules, things and immersion in this underwater world in DLC i think), it's could be a nice problem...

The problem of surface can be see also on the mount a gradient ground surface on the island, you see again the water under the texture of island. Water surface was the same for all the map and under Island, that's why, we don't have "0" houses with under construction from the surface, if you kill the house, you have the water or a wall of texture, and every under construction need to have a specific treatment.

Dev's works on the game, ok, but he use a half of work from the BI Simulator studio, they can't put all the things they want's, we wan'ts, maybe a day :) but it's the only true community combat simulator game since 13 years, we can't rage :)...

VBS has :)

Skyrim too, at least with the plugins I have loaded usually.

Skyrim too, at least with the plugins I have loaded usually.

But in addition, you can kill a fish with an arc. Actually in Arma 3 : rockets can't throw the water and many ammo also. You can give the AI crazy but you are in careless mod underwater^^

UPDATE of 27/09/2013 :

same mirror-projection on the suv:

http://www10.pic-upload.de/thumb/27.09.13/cwa6sqsbxctl.jpg

http://www10.pic-upload.de/thumb/27.09.13/ejxwav6d9ip6.jpg

strange seatexture:

http://www10.pic-upload.de/thumb/27.09.13/64lmedphjzo4.jpg

http://www10.pic-upload.de/thumb/27.09.13/rsfj3qglsbov.jpg

http://www10.pic-upload.de/thumb/27.09.13/gca11bey9dw7.jpg

http://www10.pic-upload.de/thumb/27.09.13/cwlg3oc6om2.jpg

the water look down "cheat" should really be fixed!

and the flying soldiers are still present ? i thought that was fixed. but yesterday i got them back in MP on dedicated server:

these "flying soldier" doesn´t only look strange, they can also damage and destroy your mainrotor, or chopper randomly, hard

to recreate!

also dont forget the jumping vehicles:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14277

(please fix this,its really there for a long time , since alpha)

Edited by GranolaBar