Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

Insurgency 2

Note: Original thread in portuguese, just threw it at Google Translator.

preorder.jpg

The mod turned the game! I had heard what was being produced but did not know he was so advanced.

Normally I would make a topic more cute, but after seeing eight minutes of gameplay could not get excited, then is a summary of what is on page Kickstart them:

• If you manage the 180k minimum Kickstart campaign:
  • A mixture of Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear and Day of Defeat
  • Code base is based on the Beta1 mod
  • Two teams: PMCs and Insurgentes (the Marines also appear in the video, I do not know ...)
  • Seven maps distributed in Iraq, A-Stan, Syria and Somalia
  • Twelve major weapons (the video, some: M4, M16, AK, AKM, MP40, Mosin Nagant, RPG ...), nine secondary weapons, upgrades and attachments
  • At least two modes
  • Three classes to determine their speed, ability to carry ammunition and protection (vest, helmet ...)
  • Achieving other goals in the Kickstart (200, 240, 280k) promised for Coop missions amboscada \ protect trains, maps and more support for Linux

Video of the Kickstart page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gpvkWnHgjA

Video with eight minutes of gameplay (only in Vimeo for now): http://vimeo.com/47185308

Links:

Official Site

Kickstart page

My "heads up" in RPS

If you make a sequel to a hailed realistic shooter and have to include a 'Realism' mode, things aren't looking good for you.

If this were 2005, I might have been interested.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

I don't like how you can move quicker.... Encourages more run/gun . Realism mode in a realistic game, ehhh, then that would make it a bit more arcadey by default, doesn't look as promising as Takedown or Ground Branch were but Ground Branch looks like the most promising so far to me because they aren't got some work done. Too bad they didn't make it on the kickstarter :(

The video did not seem much like original Insurgency mod to me...more like run and gun, with prominent killspam ruining it...although I hope to be mistaken.

I'm playing the original Insurgency now.

It's run and gun pretty much.

You can bunnyhop

Guns shoot like lasers with zero recoil

Running and then shooting appears to have no effect on accuracy from I can tell

Jumping from heights doesn't really do any damage that effects how you can move or shoot.

It's not much different then Battlefield 2 except players aren't bullet sponges. Where is this realism you guys are talking about?

Battlefield 2 has 10x the tactical play I'm seeing in Insurgency

Edited by jblackrupert

Well, I guess it's the "good old times" rose-tinted glasses view :)

I was never really a fan of Insurgency 1. Just been a long time since I last played it, and my experiences weren't all that good. They mostly involved shooting teammates because everything was sand-coloured.

Where is this realism you guys are talking about?

It isn't real, the people who played I1 had the same attitude that indie gamers have; nobody else plays it so I am a special flower. Forgetting that the game's main selling point was realism just to feel unique is fine, just so long as I get to say that I play 'realistic' games.

This is a new feeling for me but I really hope I2 fails so bad that the developers are forced, by a combination of humiliation and bankruptcy, to feel suicidal. In their nihilistic state they might just go on a shooting spree and provide some actual entertainment... one would hope.

This is a new feeling for me but I really hope I2 fails so bad that the developers are forced, by a combination of humiliation and bankruptcy, to feel suicidal. In their nihilistic state they might just go on a shooting spree and provide some actual entertainment... one would hope.

That's a terrible idea.

Imagine what it would do for the popular opinion of video game developers and players.

I1 had some good maps, but the major part were just... silly? Tight spaces, short maps, choke points that can't be flanked just grinded and the overall gameplay is just too "dry". You get shot one or twice and thats it.

Source engine doesn't fit too well with war games. RnL is another example, but IMO, its more enjoyable than Ins.

Seriously dude - over a game?

What? Thats a bit twisted to say that.

w7kYm3cqJss

I´ll leave this here for anyone who´ll be more impressed with it :D

On a side note, this type of free-aim would be more than welcome in ARMA series.