Gentleman, WarMod fans.

I had another idea, and just throwing it out there for ya, heres what I had in mind but would like to get some feedback on it:

3 versions of COWarMod:

1. Full version-

with all addons/mods ect,. like CWM v 1.1

2. Customization version Light-

with just the following addons and mods not in the main addons folder:

-all AI enhancement,Ai voice/sound mods

-player/character movement files

-Tweaks & Mods - SLX,truemods,PVPScene tweaks

3. Customization Complete -

This version of COWarMod is a complete removal all mods, all addons, and mods are separated into folders and listed through "feature by subject".

So the following seen below, is a list categorized by subject each subject (folder) would contain

folders of all addons mods ect,. specific to what they do ingame.

-Ai Enhancement

-Ai Shouts & Voices

-Armored & Vehicles

-AT Antitank

-Ballistics, Tracers & Zeroing

-Binocs, Nvgs & Zoom

-Choppers & Planes

-Editor & Menus

-Explosions, Fire & Smoke

-Infantry & Mounted Weapons

-Interaction

-Medical

-Sky, Land & Textures

-UI, Hud & Gear

==================

How it works

So how this works is you would download this version and basically customize your game, the @COWarMod/addons folder would be basically

empty til you go through the customization folder and choose what addons and mods you want, but each folder would have a readme

with all addons and mods listed in it with description, files, ect,. for each mod.

Full Features List readme

Of course in the main customization folder would have a readme that would list all addons, mods, tweaks, basically everything in

the download you can use to make your game, and then each addon, mod, tweak what have you would be listed separately giving description, details, and files.

Files

As you all know that some mods are merely just 2 files, the addon and the bisign, where others are those plus a userconfig,

so this would be setup accordingly so no files would be misplaced.

Customization Directory Guide

A main readme would be available apon opening of this customization folder, this would guide you with the subjects of the addons and mods contained.

Also note that all addons and mods have been individually tested, and ran together without issues, some addons,mods and tweaks cannot be run together

for simple reasons like for example if you want your hud blue, and you have another addon that makes it green then obviously that wont work and there

would be a conflict, such things would be noted in a directory readme in the main customization folder.

=============

So what you guys think, thoughts, ideas, to better it, or like it and do it, let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hey Günter

Sounds like a great plan to me. You've got the full version for those who just want to use all the mods without messing about, the Customisation light version for those who want to avoid the issues that can arise with some of the mods and the Customistation complete for those who want to pick and mix which mods they use, but still appreciate having one download/folder containing them all (as we all know, it can take considerable time downloading and extracting multiple mods individually).

With all versions, it might be easier to keep any .bikey and .hpp (userconfig) files all together in two folders (so @COWarMod - Addons, @COWarMod - Keys, @COWarMod - Userconfig) as then it's easy for users to copy all files in each folder to ArmaIIOA\keys and ArmaIIOA\userconfig respectively and as far as I know, these files won't affect anything unless the respective mod is loaded, so there's no harm in having them all copied across.

Thanks for the feedback Doveman as usual.

(as we all know, it can take considerable time downloading and extracting multiple mods individually).

Yes exactly, it would be very tedious and time consuming to

1. download all the gameplay and effects mods in COWarMod,

2. then extract them,

3. then move them to your main directory,

4. then set them up in either a launcher or in a target line.

With the

Customization Complete version of COWarMod all mods are already extracted and separated,

all you need to do is choose which one you want to use based on the list, again I'll post it:

-Ai Enhancement

-Ai Shouts & Voices

-Armored & Vehicles

-AT Antitank

-Ballistics, Tracers & Zeroing

-Binocs, Nvgs & Zoom

-Choppers & Planes

-Editor & Menus

-Explosions, Fire & Smoke

-Infantry & Mounted Weapons

-Interaction

-Medical

-Sky, Land & Textures

-UI, Hud & Gear

readme

each subject in the list has a readme you can view, the readme will have the following:

-index of mods for that feature subject

-each mod listed like you would see it on armaholic with its description, any details, and included files

-recommendations and or warnings -(this will be for compatibility as I had test every mod individually and together)

Choosing the mods you want

Once you decide on what mods you want to play with, all you would need to do is move the files (pbos, & Bisigns) to the @COWarMod \Addons folder, launch the game and play.

Disabling, uninstalling mods from the @COWarMod \addons folder

To not use a mod, or uninstall a mod I will have setup inside the addons folder of @COWarMod a folder labeled "disabled" then all

you would need to do is move the pbos of a mod into that folder and the effects and or features you see ingame would not be there anymore.

Title of the Mod Versions

Here are some ideas I was pondering to have a folder setup for the 3 versions of the mods:

Full version - @COWarMod

Customization Light - @COWarMod_CL

Customization Full - @COWarMod_CF

With all versions, it might be easier to keep any .bikey and .hpp (userconfig) files all together in two folders

(so @COWarMod - Addons, @COWarMod - Keys, @COWarMod - Userconfig)

it is an idea, I was thinking along the lines of having it where for the:

Full version, the standard setup would be the same as it currently is, basically

@COWarMod, userconfig, keys move those to your main Arma2 directory.

Customization Light would be the same except for the mods not in the main addons folder you would have liek for example:

Truemods would be a mod you could add, so you would go into the @COWarMod\Customization Folder\Tweaks & Mods\TrueMods- inside would be the pbos, and bisigns

then a folder for keys, and any userconfig folder.

In this version there are no userconfig files.

Customization Full would be the same as above, this way all files are together.

===

Any other thoughts, ideas, feedback, and versions I should start with?

granted all this will take some time but I think the fastest version to get done might be the Full version 1.2 as all i need to do is readmes and test and tweak.

The other versions will be mostly separating, and readmes mostly, then a final test. Of course for the full customization version there is nothing to test ;)

thoughts.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

All sounds good.

The only thing I'm confused about is you say with Customization Light "In this version there are no userconfig files" (and I think you're saying this also applies to Customization Full). Surely there should still be the same userconfig files as with the Full version?

Assuming there are userconfig files, I can appreciate the argument for putting them in various folders according to which mod they're for (Truemods, SLX, etc) as then the user can perhaps more easily find the userconfig file for mod x. I'm not sure there's any real advantage to doing this though, rather than having them all in one userconfig folder, as these can all be copied to the "real" userconfig folder without having any effect unless the mod they belong to is also installed and having them all in one place makes it a lot easier for the user to copy them, rather than having to go to several different userconfig folders and copy from each of those. I imagine if the user is going to edit any of the files, they'd only do this after copying them to the "real" userconfig folder, to preserve the originals, so perhaps the advantage of having them in several folders is only theoretical. It's probably not a big deal either way, but perhaps there's less chance of the user accidentally not copying over a necessary userconfig (and then wondering why the mod's not working) if they're all in one place. Same goes for the keys.

With the current Full version, I tend to keep the userconfig and Keys folders in @COWarMod and just copy the folders to the ArmaIIOA folder, simply because it allows me to keep a backup in case I modify any of them and break something and also because I can look in the backup folder and find all the COWarMod related userconfig files easily, as opposed to the "real" userconfig folder where they could be mixed up with various other non-COWarMod related files. So perhaps in your instructions, you might want to suggest copying rather than moving these folders, especially as they barely take up any space.

Thanks for the feedback,

I'm confused about is you say with Customization Light "In this version there are no userconfig files"

(and I think you're saying this also applies to Customization Full). Surely there should still be the same userconfig files as with the Full version?

I probably should have reworded it but:

The Customization light has no usercofigs in terms of the mods that are NOT in the @CoWarMod/addons folder.

the mods that are not in the addons folder do not have or use any configs is what I initially should have typed.

The Customization Full will have configs based on what mods a player chooses to use.

Theres roughly only 15 userconfigs in the whole mod for all 3 versions, just the full version (non customizable version) uses all the userconfigs.

So perhaps in your instructions, you might want to suggest copying rather than moving these folders, especially as they barely take up any space.

Yes instead of moving I could just say copy the userconfig.

Heres a general folder setup for the customization light currently:

As an example

COWarMod Customization Light\@COWarMod\Customization Folder\AI Enhancement\ASR AI - all ASR AI pbos/bisigns would be in this folder, just drag and drop.

Now in the COWarMod Customization Light\@COWarMod\Customization Folder\AI Enhancement folder like all the other folders in the customization folder

I have a directory readme, that indexes, and lists all the mods with description and included files, as well as instruction on how to install each mod.

Alot still has to be done yet in terms of writing all this, even in setup.

Download the framework

Im wondering if I were to send you a pm Doveman with a link to download the mod, and the mod would be basically the shell of the mod, no included files,

just what i have done so far in terms of folder layout, and readme setup, then you can maybe get a definite better Idea of what i ahd in mind and then give feedback from that.

I personally really dont care what people see in terms of the layout, I mean to say is that Im not releasing this as a surprise,

Im really after is function and trying to get the mod more user friendly, especially for new players, as for the new guys that dont know how to install mods,

its hard to convey that in simple terms they understand as they dont know what they are looking at.

anyone else thats interested in providing such feedback is more then welcome, I'd do all the work of course but your guys insights and feedback,

and maybe advice can only make or improve what already setup.

I probably should have reworded it but:

The Customization light has no usercofigs in terms of the mods that are NOT in the @CoWarMod/addons folder.

the mods that are not in the addons folder do not have or use any configs is what I initially should have typed.

The Customization Full will have configs based on what mods a player chooses to use.

Theres roughly only 15 userconfigs in the whole mod for all 3 versions, just the full version (non customizable version) uses all the userconfigs.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Makes perfect sense :)

Im wondering if I were to send you a pm Doveman with a link to download the mod, and the mod would be basically the shell of the mod, no included files,

just what i have done so far in terms of folder layout, and readme setup, then you can maybe get a definite better Idea of what i ahd in mind and then give feedback from that.

Sure, that's a good idea. It'll be a lot easier than trying to describe the layout if I just take a look at it.

I'll do this over the weekend as right now this week and a average week for me now I dont have any time to do anything,

as Im getting off from the 9pm-5am night job, and then going to the next 7am - 12pm day job, then from there to bed, then back again, weekends I have off ;)

and you guys wonder why its taking so long.

NEW Terminology for the mod:

COWarMod FULL - @COWarMod like before, this is the full regular version, only changes in this version is some fixes, additions, and a rebuild

COWarModCL - @COWarModCL, the COWarMod Customization Light version, this will be the same as the full version except the:

This version has the all the player/character movement, AI Enhancement, AI Shouts & Voices mods, and Tweaks removed from the main addons folder.

COWarModCF - @COWarModCF, the CoWarMod Customization FUll version,

This version has the all mods, and Tweaks removed from the main addons folder. There will be nothing in the addons folder to start, this version will be for

those that want to fully customize their game.

A folder/readme directory of all mods will be setup with descriptions of features, files, and locations of all mods, as well as how to install them.

Please understand this version will not be fore everyone.

This is the general premise to how the mod will be setup, the loading screen, with menu logos will be adjusted accordingly to reflect what version of COWarMod you are using.

Currently:

Currently I am building the COWarModCL version - (COWarMod Customization Light version) as this is what i have been working on for some time,

once I release this then i will work on the other versions and release them accordingly.

===============

Any thoughts, questions, feedback, please let me know.

So just to let you guys know, do not use COWarMod with I44, if you wish I can provide a list of the working mods that do work with I44

that i had found so far, like I have on my COWarModACE thread which i provided a list, but this would only beta , or rather WIP.

Hi Gunter, I was in the middle of downloading COWarMod to use with I44 when I stumbled upon this. :(

I would love to see that list if you have the time.

I may as well let the DL finish and use the working ones, if any.

cheers m8

Hi Harley,

EDIT...

Actually, i will just build a quick version, this will take me a few hours to do but I will have it for you guys in the morning like 5-6 am,

I will create a release thread for COWarModI44 version

As said in a previous post of why to remove:

Some of the mods that dont work I had to remove because they are not applicable to the genre if you will of the I44 mod, only because you will

never see a helicopter, nor modern day tank, or armored with sofisticated features, as well as night vision, or other modern day stuff, so again its

not applicable and would break the realism, or the context of what the I44 mod is abut, namely WW2.

Other mods and such simply dont work because I44 files overwrite them so its not possible to use them at all, they simply dont work.

list removed

Any questions, thoughts or ideas, then please let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh
update

Thank you.

After some hard, and all night work here is a semi complete COWarModI44 compatible version, visit the release thread here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134989-COWarModI44-Compatible&p=2158479#post2158479

any posts about COWarModI44 version use the link above, not here.

i could have done this with COWarMod v 1.2 but theres still things to figure out yet,

so the I44 version is just a completed WIP version that still needs testing.

Suppose I get out an ACE compatible version one of these days :D

I'm suffering from the "standing dead" again.

Does anyone have any idea which of the slx pbos might be the cause of this?

Hey Domokun,

read the 2nd and 3rd post down:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125806-A2SLX-amp-COSLX-An-updated-version-of-the-original-SLX-Mod/page22

Lets keep cowarmod with cowarmod and slx with slx, unless questions are specifically being referred to slx in cowarmod.

Waiting so anxiously for this....love the mod..Can I help out with testing..just got out of school

Hi soldaten

Theres really nothing to test, everything I'm doing currently has to do with organization of files, folders, and writing readmes.

Also I have 3 versions of COWarMod v 1.2 i will be releasing one version at a time. First version I will be releasing is the COWarModCL.

Customization version Light-

with just the following addons and mods not in the main addons folder:

-all AI enhancement, Ai voice/sound mods

-player/character movement files

-Tweaks & Mods - SLX,truemods, PVPScene tweaks

If you have ideas for the mod, or addons and mods that you would like me to include with any version of COWarMod

then post a link to it, and let me check it out, I'll let you know if it will work or not.

Oh yeah! Very nice :) Quite glad I bought OA and have taken the time to install your mod Gunter!

On question though; I'm not seeing a "Construction Menu" in the right-click pull-down like I remember their being in A2WarMod?

Heh, first thing I did was hope in my MHQ and go run down a bunch of resistance fighters around Pavlovo. Then I got out of the MHQ, locked it and wanted to build right there in the large flatish area just slightly above Pavlovo to its east, but couldn't get any Construction Menu option. Also cannot find a readme anywhere . . .

I'm rather confused. Is CoWarMod the update of the Benny Warfare "A2WarMod" wherein the player can do singleplayer "capture the island" missions against the AI?

Edited by Anthropoid
Answered My Own Question

No. COWarMod has nothing to do with Benny Warfare. Nor any mission in general, its a mod.

COWarMod is the 3rd mod in the WarMod series, a massive customizable compilation mod of 230+ addons and mods in one.

A2WarMod is actually the 2nd mod in the WarMod series for Arma2 only.

See the About WarMod page on my website for more info about WarMod:

http://warmod.webs.com/aboutwarmod.htm

COWarMod on Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14699

A2WarMod on Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12254

Does that clear it up for you?

Ah, okay. For some reason I thought you were the author of Benny Warfare :p

No. COWarMod has nothing to do with Benny Warfare. Nor any mission in general, its a mod.

COWarMod is the 3rd mod in the WarMod series, a massive customizable compilation mod of 230+ addons and mods in one.

A2WarMod is actually the 2nd mod in the WarMod series for Arma2 only.

See the About WarMod page on my website for more info about WarMod:

http://warmod.webs.com/aboutwarmod.htm

COWarMod on Armaholic:

A2WarMod on Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12254

Does that clear it up for you?

Hey Gunter, I have a couple questions

1. I cannot find

sam_handsignals.pbo

OR

sam_handsignals.pbo.SAM.bisign

I've searched both the folder into which I DLed and extracted the mod, and also my entire ArmA2 directory to no avail. Any advice on where I might look to find those items?

2. Not sure what you call the popup command thing on the right side. Brilliant idea, but what do you do about using your F1 key for selecting Groups or Soldiers in slot #1? If there is a way to unbind that UI to some other key great :)

Having scratched the surface with your compilation, I just have to say: Wow! This is like thesis quality and quantity of work man! Good job!

1. I cannot find

sam_handsignals.pbo

OR

sam_handsignals.pbo.SAM.bisign

Its not in v 1.1 which is the current latest version of COWarMod.

So you want this mod then? I had removed it from the last version as everyone was complaining about it,

but if you want it then download it here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11483&highlight=SAM%2BHAND%2BSIGNALS

Keep in mind that Sam Handsignals is best used in Coop with other players, as the AI will no respond to your hand signals.

Not sure what you call the popup command thing on the right side. Brilliant idea, but what do you do about using your F1 key for

selecting Groups or Soldiers in slot #1? If there is a way to unbind that UI to some other key great

That menu that pops up is from the mod called ARD-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12815

ARD has a userconfig, which you can setup your keys or change them.

So find the userconfig, open it, and then look for ARD, open that, and then inside will eb a text document, which is a hpp, a config file,

in it you will find this below:

/////////////////////////////////////
//                  		   //
// A L L  R O U N D  D E F E N C E //
//				   //
//  U S E R C O N F I G  F I L E   //
//                                 //
/////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////
//               //
// SMOKE OPTIONS //
//		 //
///////////////////

// Allows your troops to throw a smoke grenade when they are wounded. 1 for enabled, 0 for disabled

ARD_smoke_on_hit = 0;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Changes the chance of a unit throwing a smoke grenade when they are wounded.  100 = maximum chance >> 0 = no chance

ARD_smoke_chance = 25;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Allows vehicle gunners to launch smoke in All Round Defence.  1 = enabled, 0 = disabled

ARD_vehicle_smoke = 1;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

///////////////////
//		 //
// FLARE OPTIONS //
//		 //
///////////////////

// Turns on light visible to AI for playable unit launched flares. 1 for enabled, 0 for disabled

ARD_player_flares = 1;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Enables AI units to launch flares when night time. 1 for enabled, 0 for disabled

ARD_ai_flares = 1;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

///////////////////////
//		     //
// ARTILLERY OPTIONS //
//		     //
///////////////////////

// Sets the player spotting range for Arty support (in meters)

ARD_player_spotter = 1500;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Sets minimum dispersion for Arty support (in meters)

ARD_arty_min_dispersion = 3;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Arty support will not target units moving above this speed (in kph)

ARD_arty_max_speed = 10;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Interval between fire missions (in seconds)

ARD_arty_interval = 60;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// Jitter is added or subtracted randomly to interval (in seconds)

ARD_arty_jitter = 5;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

///////////////////////////////
//			     //
// ALL ROUND DEFENCE OPTIONS //
//			     //
///////////////////////////////

// This changes the key used to open the All Round Defence Menu

ARD_open_menu = [b]59[/b];  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// This changes the key to order All Round Defence quickly (without opening the menu)

ARD_quick = 16;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/*  Keycodes are listed below

ESC = 1 
F1 = 59 
F2 = 60 
F3 = 61 
F4 = 62 
F5 = 63 
F6 = 64 
F7 = 65 
F8 = 66 
F9 = 67 
F10 = 68 
F11 = 87 
F12 = 88 
PRINT = 183 
SCROLL = 70 
PAUSE = 197 
^ = 41 
1 = 2 
2 = 3 
3 = 4 
4 = 5 
5 = 6 
6 = 7 
7 = 8 
8 = 9 
9 = 10 
0 = 11 
ß = 12 
´ = 13 
Ü = 26 
Ö = 39 
Ä = 40 
# = 43 
< = 86 
, = 51 
. = 52 
- = 53 
+ = NOT DEFINED 
POS1 = 199 
TAB = 15 
ENTER = 28 
DELETE = 211 
BACKSPACE = 14 
INSERT = 210 
END = 207 
PAGEUP = 201 
PAGEDOWN = 209 
CAPS = 58 
A = 30 
B = 48 
C = 46 
D = 32 
E = 18 
F = 33 
G = 34 
H = 35 
I = 23 
J = 36 
K = 37 
L = 38 
M = 50 
N = 49 
O = 24 
P = 25 
Q = 16 
U = 22 
R = 19 
S = 31 
T = 20 
V = 47 
W = 17 
X = 45 
Y = 44 
Z = 21 
SHIFTL = 42 
SHIFTR = 54 
UP = 200 
DOWN = 208 
LEFT = 203 
RIGHT = 205 
NUM_0 = 82 
NUM_1 = 79 
NUM_2 = 80 
NUM_3 = 81 
NUM_4 = 75 
NUM_5 = 76 
NUM_6 = 77 
NUM_7 = 71 
NUM_8 = 72 
NUM_9 = 73 
NUM_+ = 78 
NUM = 69 
NUM_/ = 181 
NUM_* = 55 
NUM_- = 74 
NUM_, = 83 
NUM_ENTER = 156 
STRGL = 29 
STRGR = 157 
WINL = 220 
WINR = 219 
ALT = 56 
SPACE = 57 
ALTGR = 184 
APP = 221
*/

Look for ALL ROUND DEFENCE OPTIONS then the first line you change, where it says 59, you look at the corresponding

list below and it will tell which key it is, to use a different key just choose one will work for you, and then put the number for that key in replace of the 59.

Understand?

Also for your reference on my website under COWarMod look for how to enable features, go to which ever page interests you and then follow the directions.

Each link in that list is a mod you will need to setup in your game in order for that mod to work or run.

Having scratched the surface with your compilation, I just have to say: Wow! This is like thesis quality and quantity of work man! Good job!

Thank you. COWarMod was actually 2 years in the making, I had first started with WarMod which is m first compilation for Arma1 which i released in 2009,

then for Arma2 I released A2WarMod in 2010, and then COWarMod in 2011.

My last and latest release, released in late May was a compatible version called CoWarModI44,

it is a build of COWarMod made compatible with I44- Invasion 1944 Mod.

Each one of these mods are customizable compilation mods.

But this summer all of the WarMod will have new updates, they will be:

-WarMod Full version 1.5 - current version is 1.4

-WarMod Patch version 1.5

-A2WarMod Full version 1.5 - current version is 1.4

-COWarMod Full version 1.2 - current version is 1.1

-COWarModACE Full version 1.0 - not released yet it is WIP

All the WarMods are Ausome, especially WarMod for Arma1, now that I have integrated ECP, GL3 and SLX ;)

Any more questions, then post your reply, and i will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks Gunter! Actually, that is weird cause it seems like the version I have installed _does_ have handsignals. When I give commands to my AI my toon does some hand signally gestures . . .

ADDIT: and just to clarify, what I wanted to do was turn the hand gestures OFF.

Maybe I have downloaded an older version *sigh* . . . but then it is weird that I cannot find those files ??

For the other issue with the ARD and how to config it; will read through your post above, thanks :)

BTW, I love several of the features that I see included in this mod so far! (fires, more durable structures, slower personnel movement, etc.)

Ahh, cool on the ARD config change. Looks simple :) Will give it a shot.

Edited by Anthropoid

Disableling sakudriver2.pbo fixed the issue on ai driving the fastest airroute to set destanation ( using map and telling them where to drive) even when it meant over a mountain.

-SLX_AI_Steering and CarsFasterOffroads_Gameplay_C_PvPscene is working great it seems.

Günter: After installing the mod I get an very high fps fall when flying helli close over ground when shooting masingun. I go from 35-40fps to 15 in about 5-6sek consecutive shooting. When I stop shooting my fps is 35-40 in about 1-2 sek, so its Not that a big deal, but do you perhaps know what mod I can try disable to fix the issue?

My system is phenom II B50 @3.5Ghz, gtx 460 768Mbf and 4Gb ram. Settings are High texture, high shaow, low post pro.eff., high anti.a( noral didnt give any gain in fps), view distans is 2000m. If it matters,hehe. Biggest city and when mutch smoke is in my view I get 25+, the problem is only when flying helli close over ground and shooting.

Is there any known problem using oct_noblur together whit this mod?

Edited by FillaFillason

Having played just a bit to get a feel for the mod, I have to say: AWESOME!

Not sure I'll ever be able to play without many of these features again.

Though some of them I definitely want to turn off (e.g., I actually LIKED the larger and more obstructive plant life on Chernarus landscape). Going through the list of features with descriptions from your website, I can see pretty clearly what I want to 'turn off.'

So I've created a little folder "Removed from Installed CoWarMod," that is a sub-folder in my "C:\ArmA2 DLs" folder. So far I've moved eight sets of .pbo and .bisign files OUT of the installed directory and into this storage directory (where I'm pretty sure the app will not find them).

For example, I've removed

asr_disable_cursor_text.pbo

asr_disable_cursor_text.pbo.ASR.bisign

BC6_Feeling_ICONS.pbo

BC6_Feeling_ICONS.pbo.BC6.bisign

gdtmod_grass.pbo

gdtmod_grass.pbo.gdtmod_grass.bisign

and all the other gdtmod_ items that deal with fauna.

Couple questions:

1. Is this the proper way to 'turn off' elements of the mod, i.e., by just removing these items from

C:\ArmA2 DLs\CoWarMod\Removed from Installed\@CoWarMod\addons

2. Is there any other steps (such as deleting callout references to these items in a config file or something) that need to be followed to get it to work?

3. Best place/way to see for sure what version of the mod I'm running?

Not sure what the deal was with the handsigns. I coulda swore that my toon was doing some handsigns last night that delayed his raising his weapon up to face, but just fiddling a bit today with this mod playing Advancing Power and Lost I am not seeing it now. I DLed from the current Armaholic page

So I would guess I have the latest version, 1.1

ADDIT: One more question that I forgot

4. What is?

SAP clutter

by Sgt.Ace

Description:

This addon reduces the size of the clutter on Chernarus for a better view and a very small performance boost.

What is "clutter" in game terms?

I can definitely see how, for large scale PVP play, the various processor reducing aspects of the mod are of massive use. But I rarely ever have seen any performance issues on my rig and playing singleplayer, which is at this point all I do (till I learn the game better). So for me, reducing the detail in the game view and map are not so appealing at this stage.

5. Would it be fairly straightforward to keep_some_ but not all of the features from:

Map Plus

by

NouberNou

Description:

This addon does a few things to the map:

Specifically:

DISABLE 1. Removes satellite texture from any zoom level.

KEEP 2. Changes the color of the contour lines and hill numbers to make them more readable.

DISABLE 3. Made forests more washed out and slightly dimmed the background color to be easier on the eyes.

KEEP 4. Adds in a ruler that you can draw on the screen.

KEEP 5. Adds in a compass that you can more easily use to align the above ruler.

KEEP 6. Adds in basic tools to draw lines.

Looking at the fact that there is just one .pbo item for this mod, I'm guessing it would NOT be particularly straightforward or easy to selective disable parts of it?

Actually ONE more question!

6. Does the mod include any machine pistols or compact submachineguns that will fit into the handgun slot in the soldier inventory window?

Would love it if, instead of that rusty M1911 buffalo-shooter, my M-107 sniper could instead carry a nice modern MAC-11, MP5K, or

Steyr TMP or some such :shoot:

Edited by Anthropoid

Hey guys thanks for the feedback,

I will answer your questions accordingly in the order you have posted:

Thanks Gunter! Actually, that is weird cause it seems like the version I have installed _does_ have handsignals.

When I give commands to my AI my toon does some hand signally gestures . . .

ADDIT: and just to clarify, what I wanted to do was turn the hand gestures OFF.

Ok then you have the original version of COWarMod v 1.0 go to the first page on this thread and download the v 1.1 patch,

and read the readmes included as theres some things you will need to remove.

Where did you download COWarMod?

Günter: After installing the mod I get an very high fps fall when flying helli close over ground when shooting masingun. I go from

35-40fps to 15 in about 5-6sek consecutive shooting. When I stop shooting my fps is 35-40 in about 1-2 sek, so its Not that a big deal,

but do you perhaps know what mod I can try disable to fix the issue?

ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

ICE_AircraftHUD

those 2 files have been known to cause FPS drop

in the future for any issues you may have refer to the Q&A faq on my website, most of the questions players ask,

or problems reported I have compiled into a FAQ seen here:

http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

the issue with the chopper nobody has asked but they have reported an issue with those files, I just never added them to the faq but i will.

Disableling sakudriver2.pbo fixed the issue on ai driving the fastest airroute to set destination

ok thanks for the report, then that file i advised to remove is the one that caused your issue vs the other 2 i had alos listed.

Is there any known problem using oct_noblur together whit this mod?

None that i know of, I never included it as I felt all you needed to do is just turn of our post processing in the vid settings.

If you wish i can include it in my next version 1.2

Having played just a bit to get a feel for the mod, I have to say: AWESOME!

I know isn't it, I love it myself. If you play with Arma2 only get my A2WarMod for Arma2, thats ausome as well, and if you have Arma1

get my original WarMod that started it all, I have a major update for the WarMod for Arma1 version.

1. Is this the proper way to 'turn off' elements of the mod, i.e., by just removing these items from

C:\ArmA2 DLs\CoWarMod\Removed from Installed\@CoWarMod\addons

Yes when you remove a file just move it to the storage folder, but remove both the pbo and the bisign of a file,

and that addon/mod you removed will be disabled ingame.

2. Is there any other steps (such as deleting callout references to these items in a config file or something) that need to be followed to get it to work?

No nothing else to do but remove the pbo and bisign, either move them to the storage folder or delete them, thats all you need to do.

3. Best place/way to see for sure what version of the mod I'm running?

Not sure what the deal was with the handsigns. I coulda swore that my toon was doing some handsigns last night that delayed his raising his weapon up to face,

but just fiddling a bit today with this mod playing Advancing Power and Lost I am not seeing it now. I DLed from the current Armaholic page

So I would guess I have the latest version, 1.1

There is no way to tell what version your running as if you downloaded from that page then you have 1.1

for the hand signals I see whats going on, the AI by default without CoWarMod will do hand signals, which is not the same as using hand sam signals.

What i cna do for future version is add to the loading screen what version it is, but when you download the mod then theres only one version I provide so your only getting one version so its not necessary. I only use one version because every update fixes a previous version, if you wanted a previous version then all you would need to do is re add the files that were removed.

4. What is?

SAP clutter

by Sgt.Ace

Description:

This addon reduces the size of the clutter on Chernarus for a better view and a very small performance boost.

What is "clutter" in game terms?

I can definitely see how, for large scale PVP play, the various processor reducing aspects of the mod are of massive use. But I rarely ever have seen any performance issues on my rig and playing singleplayer, which is at this point all I do (till I learn the game better). So for me, reducing the detail in the game view and map are not so appealing at this stage.

refer to the mod page for that mod, and look at the 2 pics

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6042

if you dont like that mod then remove the 2 files for it:

SAP_Clutter.pbo

SAP_Clutter.pbo.bisign

5. Would it be fairly straightforward to keep_some_ but not all of the features from:

Map Plus

by

NouberNou

Description:

This addon does a few things to the map:

Specifically:

Spoiler:

Looking at the fact that there is just one .pbo item for this mod, I'm guessing it would NOT be particularly straightforward or easy to selective disable parts of it?

No theres no way to disable those features without editing the config for it.

But there's an alternative to this mod that just removes the satellite textures only, see here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8509&highlight=MAP%2BPLUS

If you want this mod then remove the other one and add this one.

6. Does the mod include any machine pistols or compact submachineguns that will fit into the handgun slot in the soldier inventory window?

Would love it if, instead of that rusty M1911 buffalo-shooter, my M-107 sniper could instead carry a nice modern MAC-11, MP5K, or

Steyr TMP or some such

Yes and no the ASC mod will add weapons that you can change, but in general COWarMod doesn't add weapons as its a gameplay mod not an addition to the game type mod.

The weapons mod that is in CoWarMod is not so much an addition of new weapons and such, but a gameplay change of many vanilla weapons where you can change

an m16 lets say and add a silencer on it, or a scope and other stuff. see the page for it here on my site on how to use it:

http://warmod.webs.com/ascweaponpack.htm

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

I had updated my FAq on the WarMod Website with some of your questions, thank you,

this will help others out with similar issues or concerns.

Edited by Gnter Severloh