Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

New mission, what to do? YOU SUGGEST!!!

Hey guys!

Thank you for all your help, you guys taught me alot so what I am going to do to show my gratitude is I am going to make missions based on what you guys want!

Now to be quite honest, I really don't have much ideas for what to make out of a mission so I often ask my friends what I should make. I ain't that creative so I can't come up with a good story but I am sure you guys have lots of creativity in you so you guys have alot of ideas for stories/objectives. So please help out by posting some ideas like the plot of the mission and I can do all the technical stuff hopefully. You give me Plot, I bring it to life. I'll upload the missions when I am done with them on Armaholic and you guys can check them out.

Now just dont give me call of duty style ideas like your being chased by a chopper on a car because it's not really that realistic plus it's going to look terrible in Arma 2 because Arma 2 wasn't designed for that but I'm sure you guys know that already.

Thanks for everything guys, I'll check this page every day to see if you guys left me any ideas and thanks!

CDF battalion reinforced with a company of marines is attacked by a huge russian force and broken into pieces. ur job is to rally survivors and harass russian patrols

Something like Domination; highly dynamic eternal gamestyle, but with the following changes:

1) Class oriented. No "every man gets everything". With a saved score system like in Domination, if people wants special equipment, there is no cost to rejoining as a new class.

2) Possibility to actually loose the game.

3) Not as rewarding as Domination in terms of hardware, where you get awesome vehicles for doing pretty much nothing.

4) Instead of clearing random targets from a fixed base, randomize where you start (maybe along the edge of the map), where the mission is to clear targets along a prepared route. I.e. open up an MSR or something.

5) When playercount is low, have AI squads assist the player (but don't turn it into a game of controlling AI (like Domination AI versions), since that tends to require more easy settings for the server). You could have a commander like position that uses high command, but feature is removed when you have some players.

6) When playercount is low, have the system generate SOM based missions to tackle rather than some overpowered enemy you don't stand a chance against.

7) Make it not fun to die. Maybe people will try harder not to die.

Good luck :)

A small Special Forces Group attack a village occupied by enemies.

Too much simple?

Maybe not

There are many possibilities (seize the village, rescue an hostage etc..)

But the essential is:

1) Give enemies awesome Monsada Mod

2) Give Special Forces SLX Ai brain

Player must be able to choose side at the beginning of the mission without being a leader.

AI must do all the trick...

That's all

Cheers

Edited by fideco

Make a mission so insanely hard no one wants to try it^^

Example: 1-3-man SpecOps Team on a very prolonged selfsustained (steal what you need from the enemy) Sabotage mission throughout the whole map taking the enemy troops apart bit by bit (like killing some tankcommander to have the tanks react less good to your movements, destroy hangars with planes and helis, ........)

Ill try it then .

Make a mission so insanely hard no one wants to try it^^

Example: 3-man SpecOps Team on a very prolonged selfsustained (steal what you need from the enemy) Sabotage mission throughout the whole map

Ill try it then .

There was a ArmA mission like that (well, 12 man, but still) and it was really really fun. The mission was Black Sword

Edited by kylania

As long as you make the mission SP friendly I'll be happy.

Wow lots of ideas and lots of feedback! I truly appreciate what you guys are doing! I'll try to make everyone happy. Now to Carl, thank you for the domination idea but I am not really that great of a domination fan so I never really did check on how to make a domination mission but I will try to make something similar to it. Again, thank you everybody and I also forgot to mention one thing and that is I have been making arma 2 missions for almost a year now or maybe over it or something and a little new to scripting but I know my stuff so I may not be able to give you a bug free mission but I will definitely try my hardest. Again thank you everyone, these ideas are going to be great!

shaman!

do that mission i told you about, if i ever get oa i can work on it too, then we can merge them and have it twice as good ;)

remember this isnt SOCOM for playstation so it doesnt have to be about the l33t navyseals pr0 ownzor specops.

us marines are just as playable.

if you want a real mission try recreating an actual battle (fallujah? baghadad?), something we can all relate to; read about it on the internet,

and dont make it the usual camping mission where you just fly a chopper on a hill and snipe into the city u have to conquer, (yes im talking bout domination...) have the character be part of a unit, and have several other bot-controlled units doing their own thing independently, to give the player the feeling of being part of the whole battallion engaged in the capture of a city.

the problem with arma is that ai doesnt support insurgency meaning ai will not organise ambushes with explosives, they dont hide or enter buildings or climb on rooftops unless scripted or placed there in the editor.

means a lot of hard work for an unconvincing result, because even if you do place a unit say in a building in front of a window, said unit will immediately go prone upon entering combat mode, unless u script it not to move, in which case itll just stay looking at you even if you start shooting cannons at it..

ive tried making urban missions and its rather hard to make them look plausible, let alone realistic.

how about the takistani army has a heavy defensive line and the americans gotta break it and theres like a battalion of americans and a battalion of takis and ur just a squad leader with a nothin special task

Hey guys!

Before I started this forum, I started on a mission already which I thought was absolutely an action packed package! It took me days to perfect it from bugs but I finally have it! Gentlemen and Ladies, I present to you: Daily Errands 1!

Now I'm thinking of making more daily errand missions like this one but only if you guys think it's worth a try. So tell me how you like this one!

http://www.mediafire.com/?cp685s08xgsz3of

Now let's get your missions under way!

Hey could you make a mission using OA army guys in chernarus? It would be very cool to see them operate in that environment. Also, how about a mission where you are an SF person and you can call in AC130 support and enter the gunship... that would be epic.

Edited by ryguy

Well I could make a mission with oa guys in Chernarus and I could definitely have sf guys in there but what I can't do is have AC-130 support because unfortunately, it is not available in Arma 2 nor OA. BUT... I hear there is a mod that makes the C-130 in arma 2 turn into an AC-130 but it was for arma 2 so I dont know if it will be compatible with OA, nor do I think a better ac 130 wont come out pretty soon for oa very soon but there are plenty of other support flying vehicles such as the apache, the mq, the a-10. I also don't think it's physically possible to AC-130's to just land and pick up a group from the battle like a black hawk would because it's a fighter plane. But What I can do is make a mission where the U.S army is attacking Chernarussian rebels and it's a huge invasion and there's SF guy's who are gonna do some stuff behind the excitement. Plus I can make a normal soldier playable and an sf soldier playable so that way you can look at the whole situation in different perspectives

Sweet! this is the stuff man! I never tried this out! I am making your mission first because I just got the greatest idea for your mission!

How about battle for baghdad. at night. AI team leader. rifle teams moving through city with APC's.

Enemy soldiers are in fortified positions (MG nests etc..) all around.

A few IED's laying around.

Helos overhead blowing the crap out of things (make playable one of each type of unit:D). AA guns shooting at planes.

LOT OF TRACERS!!! (like we saw on tv news reports):bounce3:

Maybe the objective is to reach the centre of Baghdad and must complete some side objectives along the way e.g. destroy AA guns...:rolleyes:

Dunno if you've got the time or not but would love to see a mision like this. There is a Baghdad map from Generation kill mod, can't remember if any Iraqi soldier addons.

Have fun:cool:

Edited by RaZoR1472

that's actually a good idea, I'll get started on it right after I'm done with ry's mission

Something like Domination; highly dynamic eternal gamestyle, but with the following changes:

1) Class oriented. No "every man gets everything". With a saved score system like in Domination, if people wants special equipment, there is no cost to rejoining as a new class.

2) Possibility to actually loose the game.

3) Not as rewarding as Domination in terms of hardware, where you get awesome vehicles for doing pretty much nothing.

4) Instead of clearing random targets from a fixed base, randomize where you start (maybe along the edge of the map), where the mission is to clear targets along a prepared route. I.e. open up an MSR or something.

5) When playercount is low, have AI squads assist the player (but don't turn it into a game of controlling AI (like Domination AI versions), since that tends to require more easy settings for the server). You could have a commander like position that uses high command, but feature is removed when you have some players.

6) When playercount is low, have the system generate SOM based missions to tackle rather than some overpowered enemy you don't stand a chance against.

7) Make it not fun to die. Maybe people will try harder not to die.

Good luck :)

Try co 20 takistan force

oh and btw, are you gonna be posting these missions online for us to play?

Oh yeah I'm gonna post them every time on armaholic, I'll give a name and post the links here. Almost done with ry's mission!