Sign in to follow this  
MaxRiga

To make new RPG

Hi

I'm really tired of all this silly and boring versions of different RPG's in amra2. I have some good ideas how to make completely new style of RPG in amra2. If I can find someone who can make all the scripts ( no complicated scripts needed ) I can buy server so to host our mission.

Absolutely new systems of :

1-towns and country meanings on the map

2-economical system

3-political system

4-meanings of money

5- ... no more cops killings and boring waste of time! May be no cops even needed at all !?

And once again - no hard scripting needed !!!!

If you know the basic scripting in arma and want to try to create something good that many people will like plz, PM me on this forum!

we totally know what to do .. new systems of those things hmm , that really helps us figure out what you want to do.

If you do bring something like this out, make sure you use JayArma2Lib or something to pipe the data in/out from a database! That way the server could become very popular as people gain more and more assets.

When you need someone to script for you, it appears to me you don't have that much knowledge in scripting after all (especially since those scripts are basic as you say).

So how can you know that the scripts are not hard to build?

I recommend you to open a thread in the editing and scripting section, asking those scripting gurus whether your ideas are easy to implement or not, coming with concrete descriptions, so that you get a better imagination of how hard it will be.

I have the suspicion you'll get some pretty deflating feedback.

So, you want to do a better RPG mission and need scripters? What exactly is your job there, max?

And as the others pointed out - what do you want to accomplish??

as previous posted .

What seems simple can be very complicted to script.

Tried that already, didn't really get a lot of players. Mostly people i knew from another RPG.

All they want is spreekill. They don't want an economic system where you can go bankrupt from fines and overdraw your bank account, have to go a long way if you want to do bad things ( get weapons etc. ), are forbidden to buy weapons for a certain time if you spreekill and of course where all your deeds are shown in your reputation.

Even the admin could delete your account, of block your sight if your are one of those destructive players who don't listen.

No, no need for innovation, just need GGGGUUUUNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!

btw.. it took two of us a month to get the mission running. ( bug fixing came next )

Edited by Enforcer1975

I've been playing Zagrabad Life yesterday and all I remember is that city was more dangerous than Fallujah in 2003 :) I've tried to be an assistance to cop force but we were getting ripped apart for the most time. But at the end we managed to fight off the criminals, secure the bank and provide peace to the city :)

I could assist with a new town map if someone would be willing to complete the mission on one of the existing maps and send me beta to evaluate :)

Tried that already, didn't really get a lot of players. Mostly people i knew from another RPG.

All they want is spreekill. They don't want an economic system where you can go bankrupt from fines and overdraw your bank account, have to go a long way if you want to do bad things ( get weapons etc. ), are forbidden to buy weapons for a certain time if you spreekill and of course where all your deeds are shown in your reputation.

Even the admin could delete your account, of block your sight if your are one of those destructive players who don't listen.

No, no need for innovation, just need GGGGUUUUNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!

btw.. it took two of us a month to get the mission running. ( bug fixing came next )

Hi

The true is that any RPG made in arma is going to be for those who actually bought Arma ..it means they do want guns to use. But they problem is that noone has created interesting RPG where players can use guns the right way. I know how to do this.

So, you want to do a better RPG mission and need scripters? What exactly is your job there, max?

And as the others pointed out - what do you want to accomplish??

My job, as for any game designer - to create the right mission(game play) ideas/goals/levels. Programmer is needed for coding/scripting it. That how game industry works.

I could assist with a new town map if someone would be willing to complete the mission on one of the existing maps and send me beta to evaluate

yeah, I remember you said almost the same about World Map ;)

Edited by MaxRiga

I've been playing Zagrabad Life yesterday and all I remember is that city was more dangerous than Fallujah in 2003 :) I've tried to be an assistance to cop force but we were getting ripped apart for the most time. But at the end we managed to fight off the criminals, secure the bank and provide peace to the city :)

I could assist with a new town map if someone would be willing to complete the mission on one of the existing maps and send me beta to evaluate :)

Haha! Yes but sometimes the game can be quite fun... You just have to not take it too seriously I guess.

Haha! Yes but sometimes the game can be quite fun... You just have to not take it too seriously I guess.

The guys who take it serious are often those who try to ruin the game for others.

There are limits on what you are allowed to do in a game. If it's an RPG ( civilian life ) there is no running around armed to the teeth shooting everyone in sight imo. There are enough DM maps for that. That's the major flaw of every PRG which has weapons, there is no real goal other than getting enough money, arm yourself and have some shootouts with the cops and whine a lot when they kill you. If you take the weapons away nobody will play, if you put them in everyone will whine when they are overused.

MaxRiga: World Map is WIP, don't worry - its just a project I've resumed work on couple of weeks ago :)

MaxRiga: World Map is WIP, don't worry - its just a project I've resumed work on couple of weeks ago :)

really? heh, it's really great to hear man!

My job, as for any game designer - to create the right mission(game play) ideas/goals/levels. Programmer is needed for coding/scripting it. That how game industry works.

Thanks for your reply. But I suggest to do at least a bit coding yourself, before you ask somebody else to jump on the bandwagon. Simple reason: the game industry pays their gamedevelopers (and programmers) - else they have to do some codemonkey-work! Else a pure developer is just dead weight on the balance sheet. ;)

Anyway, the interest in this thread shows that theres indeed interest in some more RP-missions. Also I have to agree with the lack of more diverse goals in current "RPG-missions" which are mostly cops-vs.-robbers and not roleplay at all. Just my 2 cents...