Sign in to follow this  
BelgarionNL

[OA] how to make camo netting industructible

this is probably asked before but i was unable to locate any similar topics!

is there a way to make sure that those nato vehicle covers don't fall to ground if you hit them?????

this allowdamage false doesn't work!

disableSimulation true;

...should work.

thank you very much

ok used camo1 enableSimulation false;

still doesn't work! you hit it and it still collapses

Edited by BelgarionNL

I think I have a work around for this, allowdamage,enablisimulsation, setdamage don't seem to have any effect on some objects.

My idea would be this, place a flagpole or some object that isn't easy to move and then name it pole and then in the init of the camo net put this attachto [pole];

It may flicker at the start of the mission but after that it seems industructible.

Edited by F2k Sel

Make the airstrip tower indestructible

([8237.508,2073.408,0.000] nearestObject "Land_Mil_ControlTower_EP1") allowDamage FALSE;

Make the airstrip tower indestructible

([8237.508,2073.408,0.000] nearestObject "Land_Mil_ControlTower_EP1") allowDamage FALSE;

I don't see how that is related to cammie netting.

You could at least try the suggestion and put

this allowDamage false;

in the init line of the camo net, no?

Don't expect the solution for all your problems on a silver platter all the time.

disableSimulation / enableSimulation does not prevent an object from taking damage.

this allowdamage false works perfectly. You must be doing it wrong, do it like W0lle said.

I've used allowdamage false on ArmA II camo nettings and it works. I suppose they might've changed something though.

Allowdamage does and doesn't work.

It will stop the camo net from being flattened by a vehicle or bomb but it won't work if you use setdamage it. Why you would be trying to damage it and make it indestructible at the same time could be described as pointless.

tried freaking both simulation false and allowdamage false(which was my first ever try) both won't work

this allowDamage false in the initline of the net definitely worked, I tried it myself to make sure it does before I made the post. Not even a T-72 or a Shilka can bring it down.

Ive heard that allowdamage command sometimes doesnt work with ACE2?(correct me if i am wrong) Are you using ACE2 or any other mod that could conflict for that sake?

Try the method I describe in post 6.

this allowDamage false in the initline of the net definitely worked, I tried it myself to make sure it does before I made the post. Not even a T-72 or a Shilka can bring it down.

But I'm using a Takistani Military Military Offroad and I can take down a camo net every time simply by running in to it. This is what's in the net's init line:

this allowDamage false;

It does not work.

Here's an example mission where it doesn't work.

I'm using only vanilla A2+OA

http://www.filefront.com/17006633/Camo_Net_Destruction_test.Takistan.pbo

Looks like Armored vehicles respect the "allowDamage false", but Cars larger than a bicycle just plow right through nets and tents flattening them.

I only got OA today and yes indeed they do fall down while using this allowdamage false, never mind as it's easily sorted.

I'm getting this same thing. Would it have something to do with tires versus tracks?

;1676629']I'm getting this same thing. Would it have something to do with tires versus tracks?

Damn it, I knew I should've included a tank in mission. I bet you are right though.

Has anyone found a solution as of yet? I hate destroying camo nets by accident in OA with an SUV - it looks silly.

Solution is, know about the problem and work around it. Don't put up camo nets where SUVs are likely to drive. :)

Haha. The SUVs are parked under a vehicle camo-net at mission start. Some players, if slightly unskilled at driving, will crash into it. It breaks immersion, I think, if the nets fall in the manner they do. So that is why I am asking for solutions :p

Haha, cars take it down, tanks don't... thats ridiculous. :P