Sign in to follow this  
Schooner

Coltan Blues

I've spent 3 hours trying to save the mine. Does anyone know how to disarm the bomb?

What you need to do is run very quick into one of the enterable buildings and look around investigate the area..search something and find a place to enter the code.

Run into the biggest buidling on the left hand side. Look at the dead body and the floor and search the body. A paper thing should pop up with the code. Turn to the computer/desk area should have an option to enter the disarm code. Must do this very fast. I suggest getting a pen and writing down the code cus its hard to interpret the signs at first glance. when you are done make sure you hit the enter button.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I thought I had done everything but I guess not :)

If you're fast enough you can actually save the guy in the building from being killed, which, I believe, helps the local relations.

incredible, didn't work ! I've got the code and try to use it on the computer but seem to no work... And at the third try it activated the bomb.

I toke the paper from the dead civilian, write down the code, try to enter it on reverse (maybe takis = arab write's sens ?) but nothing.

I am alone ?

Thank's for help.

p.s : french inside, sorry for bad english.

remember to

press the return button down right on the numerpad on the screen, after inserting the numbers

Did anyone save the...

press reporter in the building with a bomb. Is it possible at all? For me he always gets killed, even if I take out guards through windows before anyone notices my squad.

codeetc.th.jpg

The bearded Taki guy by the computer briefcase has the numbers.

'Search body' is an extra option in the middle mouse-wheel menu.

For anyone still not finding the building, it's the one furthest away and slightly to your left if you enter the mine compound coming from the angle directly from the insertion point. The enterable door is already open and it's on the right hand side of the building from your perspective as you enter the compound.

Be careful - there are three different kinds of 'backwards seven' letters in Takistani.

Edited by Richey79

Richey it's always a different code.

I restarted after I failed to shoot the planes down in the first place. I tried the old code but it was different

Haha! Nice work Bis... the building is the same, so I'll leave the pic up - might help someone.:dd:

I succed at last by restart the mission. BUT When you save just before entering the code and reverse to that savepoint , the code changed but not in the game (understandable ?) so you still got the old and it telling you that it's the wrong one. Only one solution : retry all.

This just doesn't work for me.

First I found him dead in the room and grabbed the code - this was easy. Then I entered the code and it just didn't work. I've been trying all combinations for like 45 minutes then I've read this thread and restarted the mission. Now I found him alive but it still doesn't work.

I will restart it one more time and report the outcome.

Edit:

Lol, i did the mission by running away from the mine.

I hope I will get some terrible ending of the campaign and everyone will die.

:yay::D

Edited by Hedo

For anyone that needs the code here it is

arma2oa2010062910575629.jpg

Codes are different...this is pretty much useless.........

Edited by Toasticuss

As I said before the code is always a different one. Your code is useless. Even for you just in case you replay the mission.

As I said before the code is always a different one. Your code is useless. Even for you just in case you replay the mission.

Oh wow lol, I didnt know that.

Everytime I enter the building everything blows up instantly.

Restarted the mission, no change...

Try approaching the mine with stealth and try avoiding sounding the alarm, immidiately when alarms starts try to storm into the main building where the code and computer is, watch out there might be a door closed and a soldier inside the room guarding the hostage.

br.

Dr.Jones

my solution which I used to remember it was

iirc 77(with loop)9(straight 9) balls

it is hard but once you look at it enough you will remember it.

It's not that hard. The buildings are pretty much the same as chernarus. so you should already know which buildings are enterable. Only one with the trucks outside has the doors that you open. Shoot the soldier and try not to shoot the guy with the code.

It might not work for a couple reason. there are at least 2 or 4 symbols that look like the number 7 and when you look on the code pad, it's kind of worn down and it's a little hard to tell which 7 is the right one. Also every time you type the code you MUST push the enter button at the bottom. looks like an arrow. like on your computer keyboards. If you mess up push the enter button so that you know it starts over.

After three tries it goes away just open it again, after that you only have one try before it closes again, just keep opening it.

You pretty much have to run down to the mine because the alarm sounds after the city starts being attacked, either cause the rebels don't hide very well or whatever. I just played with the uav for a while which is useless btw and before i even got close to the mine it was exploding.

Isn't the UAV pointless? it runs down time and if you fire any hellfires, the alarm goes off.

When I get to the mine and clear the bad guys...

I enter the door with the noise coming from it, shoot the soldier and the bearded guy lies down, gets up and dies so I miss out on his information

You guys know that the topic description actually says this, right?

For discussing official ArmA 2 & the standalone expansion Operation Arrowhead missions only, no spoilers in titles please.

Posting spoilers about the campaign missions anywhere other than here may result in a permanent ban from the forums.

You don't have to put spoilers in the spoiler tags here. ;)

Anyways, if you find the guy alive or dead, you can still get the code. If he dies, you should get an action when looking at him to search his body, which will give you the code. If he's alive then, obviously, he'll give it to you after a short conversation.

Yeah I have restarted this mission about 6 times, every time I enter the (different per attempt) code it doesn't seem to disarm the bomb.

What exactly is it people are doing before the bomb?

Do you complete the secure colton mine objective first? or go straight to the bomb disarm when you find the dead hostage?

The code is different each time you play it. Make sure you enter it correctly. If you do, then it will successfully disarm. I've played the mission many times and it's worked each time.

You don't have to complete any objective before it in order to work. Just find the dead hostage, go to the room which will either have one Takistani soldier and the guy with the code, or just the dead guy with the code. If he's alive, get close to him and he'll tell you the code. If he's dead, then search his body for it. Once you have it, enter it exactly as you saw it and hit the enter/return button on the keypad. If you did it right, it'll successfully disarm.

The code is different each time you play it. Make sure you enter it correctly. If you do, then it will successfully disarm. I've played the mission many times and it's worked each time.

You don't have to complete any objective before it in order to work. Just find the dead hostage, go to the room which will either have one Takistani soldier and the guy with the code, or just the dead guy with the code. If he's alive, get close to him and he'll tell you the code. If he's dead, then search his body for it. Once you have it, enter it exactly as you saw it and hit the enter/return button on the keypad. If you did it right, it'll successfully disarm.

Yeah I know the code is different but I still just can't get it to work, on my last playthrough this was the code the guy had:

code.jpg

And this is the order I entered it:

disarm.jpg

After that I hit the enter button in the bottom right but it still didn't work. :(

Is there something I'm missing here?