Sign in to follow this  
Schooner

Coltan Blues

Anyways, if you find the guy alive or dead, you can still get the code. If he dies, you should get an action when looking at him to search his body, which will give you the code. If he's alive then, obviously, he'll give it to you after a short conversation.

Yeah I figured that out. Still funny though: 'Oh noes gunfire I think I'll lie down, oh wait is Mr American I get up now AHHHHHHH! Those...damn...barrels...ugh.'

That's quite weird, STALKERGB. What happens when you hit the enter button? Anything?

So, can you save Harris or not? how? they always get alarmed before my arrival, either because of the attacking partisans who don't wait or the close air attack on firuz-abad, I don't know. Any valuable hints, tips, maps..?

Harris you cannot save. The guy you can save is the one who gives you the code, who is in the larger building.

That's quite weird, STALKERGB. What happens when you hit the enter button? Anything?

It makes a beeping noise then the light in the corner stops flashing for a second before starting to flash like it did before.

Every time I have got to the disarm bomb stage I seem to have also completed the "Secure Colton mine" objective, I dunno if that messes up the triggers or something, might have another go in a bit...

Everytime I finish this map and the screen starts to fade out, I get stuck on a loading screen forever. Any ideas?

'Secure' objectives are distance sensitive AFAIK. Meaning if you arrive close enough to obj, it will be 'secured' (maybe need also some dead enemies too, not sure). So as you close up to bomb, you alse close up to secure obj thus having completing both of them short after each other :)

Guys did you really saved the guy with code?

I got many times to him, he tells me that he was forced to arm the bomb, then say he will tel/givel me the code THEN he just dies.. always has to search his body for code...

I always thought his conscience made him to bite cyanid capsule or something (not like computers games make always sense, right?) but... i even just witnessed it again on my second restart of campaign..

I think it might be a bit bugged, when I arrived to find that guy dead and see the bomb it autosaves, and then after the autosave it just automatically goes "shit, it's too late!" or something like that. I never got to see any code on a piece of paper or anything.

Same here. No idea why. try to open the console and type in "endmission".

Ctrl+Num_-

You won't actually see anything on the screen. After this key combination you type in your console code (like FLUSH for clearing cache, warning it interrupts BattleEye and can get you kicked in MP).

is this mission timed?

I never get down the hill fast enough

I think it might be a bit bugged, when I arrived to find that guy dead and see the bomb it autosaves, and then after the autosave it just automatically goes "shit, it's too late!" or something like that. I never got to see any code on a piece of paper or anything.

You most probably take too long since alarm start to reaching the explosives - try to move faster, you should have more time left for disarming..

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

is this mission timed?

I never get down the hill fast enough

Kind of. Explosives get armed at Mine alarm start. from then on its timed. Problem is, alarm at mine can be triggered by heavy fighting in town base too, happened to me once. Another case is, if you hang around on insertion for too long, than assault on base suceeds and reinforcements comes and i guess the alert goes up too if it didnt already.. :)

Last time i was chatting with guerillas for few minutes and still got plenty time to reach mne and disarm bomb :)

If you get within 500 meters of the mine AND you get spotted, the countdown timer in the game starts. Best way I found to play this to more or less follow the guerilla forces down the hill and come in from the main entry. If you do this with enough stealth the M2 at the main gate won't be manned, Snipe the guy on the roof and proceed as others have described.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Here is the scoop on saving the hostages:

You cannot save any of the hostages. The reporter has "damage" set to 1 (dead) before the mission even begins. The female hostage characters do not actually exist in this mission dead or alive.

Okay guys

There is no way to save the reporter, he is dead from mission start.

The civvy inside, however, only dies if he goes prone, as the physics engine crushes him inside of the filing cabinet. If you couldn't find the building he's in, from the dead reporter, head to the huge building in the center with the conveyer belt on the side, on the side facing the road there is an open door, and another next to it, he's in there Try opening the door in a way you aren't seen, waiting, then stepping in with and firing once, without being seen by the civvy. If he sees you, he will go prone to avoid getting in your way, killing himself. Be careful, the keyboard is very worn down and hard to tell the difference between the 7 like figures. Just guess and pray, and try to get as close as possible before engaging, and kill them as quickly as possible, so that the timer doesn't tick down as much. The second the alarm goes off, the timer starts.

Later in the second,

anti air part, don't bother with the Zeus turret unless you have experience, lead ahead and only fire when the circle shows that you will hit if you want to try it anyway. Otherwise, the second you jump off the little bird, head to the ammo crates, find the long one, and pick up the igla and a igla rocket. Once you lock onto the first plane, wait until it is going straight towards you and fire above it and to the left. Run, grab another, then repeat for the next 2

Hope this helps men.

yes shot the soldier in big building once found out about bomb then a guy with beard will give u code enter code and press enter it does work.

update with new patch as gives ya more time.

worked for me

Ran into an annoying bug with the game towards the end of the mission -

So, I decided to use the AA missiles in the crate to take out those Su-25s. I dropped all my weapons so that I could hold 2x missiles. In the time before the first jet came, I had taken the Igla out of the box and dropped it and its ammo near the ZU-23, ran back and take the Strela and got ready.

So, with the Strela, I knocked out the first two jets no problem. Then I go to switch to the Igla. But when I had the Strela out, I could not select the dropped launcher in order to pick it up. In fact, I couldn't select the ammo box, or even the ZU-23 when I had the Strela out. So, what I had to do to kill the third jet was to drop the Strela and then pick up the Igla then take out the third jet. This was a cumbersome process, and it took about three tries to get it right...

Ran into an annoying bug with the game towards the end of the mission -

So, I decided to use the AA missiles in the crate to take out those Su-25s. I dropped all my weapons so that I could hold 2x missiles. In the time before the first jet came, I had taken the Igla out of the box and dropped it and its ammo near the ZU-23, ran back and take the Strela and got ready.

So, with the Strela, I knocked out the first two jets no problem. Then I go to switch to the Igla. But when I had the Strela out, I could not select the dropped launcher in order to pick it up. In fact, I couldn't select the ammo box, or even the ZU-23 when I had the Strela out. So, what I had to do to kill the third jet was to drop the Strela and then pick up the Igla then take out the third jet. This was a cumbersome process, and it took about three tries to get it right...

I think that the issue of trying to use the action menu while having a rocket out has been around since ArmA II. Occasionally I can get it to work I think but most of the time I need to put the rocket away.

Tip : Don't forget to press Enter !!

LOL, dudes, where do I find the captives? All the doors into the buildings are locked!

LOL, dudes, where do I find the captives? All the doors into the buildings are locked!

The warehouse building. I believe it is the building that is closest to the point that you are inserted at. Using the diagram below it is building C. A is the tallest one with a guy on the roof. B is a two-story building I think that you can't get into. C is the building you want.

----------

[A] _________----Road----

| ______

|

|___[C]

|

| <-conveyor belt

|

Mine Entrance

Everytime I finish this map and the screen starts to fade out, I get stuck on a loading screen forever. Any ideas?

I get this same problem! I cant continue its making me crazy AAAARRRR!!!!!! Please help us somone I'm tired of doing this mission over and over!

I get this same problem! I cant continue its making me crazy AAAARRRR!!!!!! Please help us somone I'm tired of doing this mission over and over!

Have you tried starting from the beginning and doing it all over again? Or maybe just walk away from the computer for an hour or so. Turn down your settings maybe and make sure nothing is running in the background.