Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Steam and DVD versions are not compatible offical, sorry to tell you this..

well not sure if this was directed at me but i installed me arma2 disk and then i went to steam and added non steam game veried cache on the other two started up arma2 then went onto arrowhead and pressed combined ops and it worked i see them in the box arma2 arma arrowhead and british forces.

does this now mean it all works together?

Steam and DVD versions are not compatible offical, sorry to tell you this..

Here they work pretty well.......with a launcher.

How can you run BAF together with original combined A2 + A2:OA with Steam? A2: OA and BAF show up as separate games in Steam.

When I fire CO it already switch to BAF "Full".

My Arma 2 not combine into OA =/ need help ! Dosnt work !!

And can not update ARMA 1.05 to 1.07 =s way need helpp plss

Edited by Zipper5

Has anyone figured out how to run Combined Ops while using both beta patches and mods?

I made a shortcut pointing to the file I downloaded from the OP and added the mods into the Target line in the usual way, but no dice. I get the beta and the script box reads the mod command line, but nothing gets loaded in-game.

Edited by maturin

Hello. I have a Arma 2 and Arma 2 AO on CD, then I bought a Steam (Arma 2 and Arma 2 AO and BAF).

And I have, there are three shortcut in Steam.

But the CO does not start :butbut:

What should I do? I knowingly bought at the Steam store.

Sorry for bad English. (google tranlate)

Why not a special label for the Combined Operations? I do not need to run through the menu, I deliberately took the two versions and want to see a 1 label. And why the BAF label is displayed separately?

Edited by Taktik

first start ARMA 2 once before trying to use the A2: CO mode

I did so!!

I press the right button on the Arma2:OA, click the item and all....

Edited by Taktik

Hi

I know, evryone ask it, but how can i combine arma II dvd edition, and arma II steam edition?

I try THIS, but if i try run the file, nothing hapend.

And if a want run modes/addons, which laucher can is use? Or how can i load mods?

I am brand new to Arma. I just installed Arma CO. How do I run CO mode? I only seem to get two individual programs to run: Arma2 and Arma2 OA. hat am I missing?

You launch Combined Ops using the shortcut created during installation called "ARMA 2 Combined Operations".

It just runs the Arma2OA.exe. That is the OA executable, and it will detect if you have Arma2 installed as well in the same folder as OA. In that case it will run in CO mode, otherwise it runs OA standalone

Edited by Old_Painless

You launch Combined Ops using the shortcut created during installation called "ARMA 2 Combined Operations".

It just runs the Arma2OA.exe. That is the OA executable, and it will detect if you have Arma2 installed as well in the same folder as OA. In that case it will run in CO mode, otherwise it runs OA standalone

There is no CO shortcut...at least none I can find

I got two downloads from sprocket.

I installed Arma 2 and then ran it.

I installed OA and ran it. I have no third icon.

edit: I see the problem. OA and Arma 2 aren't in the same directory. I just used defaults. What I don't understand is why BI would not have the defaults set up right for CO?

Edited by thewood

You want them in separate directories. You run CO using the file in the OP of this thread, and you can make a shortcut pointing to that.

Hello. Please forgive if I have missed something. The sticky at the beginning says:

"note: this is only for these who have A2 and OA directories standalone"

Well I have disk OA installed and I have A2 on disk, but not installed - thus I do not have A2 directories yet.

Should I install A2 and then follow the combine procedure or is BI working on a OA patch that will recognize a subsequent A2 install and combine them appropriately?

If there is a patch in the works - what is the ETA?

Well I went ahead and installed A2 onto the machine where OA was already installed.

The _runA2CO_nonSteamOA works, however when I run the A2 Benchmark 1 from CO it crashes the game (freeze needing force quit). The A2 Benchmark 1 runs fine if launched after a non CO A2 launch. I tested an A2 mission and it worked from the CO launch but just an FYI that the Benchmark FREEZES the application during load.

Also my registry entires ARE NOT what is illustarted in the sticky. I am running Win 7 64.

Additionally just an FYI, I used the default directory paths during install and this is where they went. Not sure if it is an issue:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

are both games up2date ?

ARMA 2 to 1.08

ARMA 2: OA to 1.56 ?

Oops. Good call Dwarden. All is good now. Thanks!

I have CD installed ARMA 2 and Steam installed OA. I can load CO by right clicking on OA in steam, but can find anyway to make a shortcut for it so I can install ACE etc... for CO. I'm pretty computer illiterate. I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Thanks! :)

Addon sync allows you to choose between ARMA 2 and ARMAOA and i use that always to pick my servers, so do I need to bother doing all this, or is there a hidden benefit here that I am missing?

Hey folks!

I installed my standalone versions of Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. So I have different folders.

I used the batch file to start both versions together. It works fine.

But everytime I will start a mission an error message occur said tells me:

"Error: You seem to be an A2: Operation Arrowhead Combined Operations User, but have loaded the @CBA_OA MOD Folder!.... "

I started only with the @CBA Folder.

Can anybody help here?

Whats the correct way to load CBA? (I copied the @CBA to my Operation Arrowhead folder).

Additional to this I use ACE2!

Cheers & Thanks

Edited by wilden

Someone please make an easy to follow tutorial with pictures and all to show how to use mods with the steam version of OA.

I'm looking at you BIS.

Sigh

Someone please make an easy to follow tutorial with pictures and all to show how to use mods with the steam version of OA.

I'm looking at you BIS.

Sigh

copy of what i sent to Your PM

the problem is tht people try find something complex in simple theme of things

anyway there is another obstacle in the path and that's STEAM client software

1st choose to take part in STEAMclient beta (settings > beta participation > beta update)

* this is needed because non-beta STEAM client fails to pass more than 255 characters to game binary

2nd make copy of _runA2CO.cmd in your OA folder into e.g. _runA2CO_mods.cmd

3rd edit the _runA2CO_mods.cmd file and change the line behind :run

from

Quote:

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

to

Quote:

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" -mod="@mycustommods"

etc. (you can add additional commandline switches as You please, read more about here ttp://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters )

4th start ARMA 2 once to ensure the path is written to registry before running A2:CO

5th start _runA2CO_mods.cmd (e.g. make shortcut to it) ...

and that's it ... nothing complex or fancy

exactly the same is described in the combination topic as people not realize that topic covers 3 ways the steam only games, steam + nonsteam games and nonsteam both games

oh and it's all in the first post

Hey folks!

I installed my standalone versions of Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. So I have different folders.

I used the batch file to start both versions together. It works fine.

But everytime I will start a mission an error message occur said tells me:

"Error: You seem to be an A2: Operation Arrowhead Combined Operations User, but have loaded the @CBA_OA MOD Folder!.... "

I started only with the @CBA Folder.

Can anybody help here?

Whats the correct way to load CBA? (I copied the @CBA to my Operation Arrowhead folder).

Additional to this I use ACE2!

Cheers & Thanks

It's probably an organization error on your end.

Delete everything and download the most recent version of CBA.

Note that when you run Combined Operations, the game used the launch parameters (and hence mod folders) designated by what's on your OA shortcut.

So make sure your OA standalone isn't set up to run CBA_OA, or it will load in CO as well.

Okay, I'm mad, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both games twice already.

I installed an ran A2, then OA, in the same BHI directory, then I tried putting installing into my actual Arma 2 within the BHI folder, so it looked like

BHI\A2\BHI(within A2)\Arma 2 OA

That didn't work either.

and yes, I have applied to 1.56 patch, but it only appears to want to patch OA and NOT Arma 2

YES I MAD!!!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Okay, here's my problem when I uninstall, redo the installation from sprocket, I change it from the default to BHI\A2

but then it creates a SECOND BHI folder within my Arma directory, within THAT folder is my OA.

So I've messed aroud with it, tried putting the OA folder in the ArmA 2 folder, I've dumped the entire folder into my Arma 2 folder, which didn't work. What gives? Niether of them have a CO.exe, they're patched, I installed in the correct order(A2 first) and nadda! I've tried running the script in the OP as well, which didn't work.