Sign in to follow this  
walker

War with Iran.

Maybe UN should give them an ASBO.

Ah your a funny man. Thanks for posting that.

Hi all

One has to of course remember that the cost was the lives of Saddam and his sons.

179 British armed forces.

Over 4000 US armed forces.

And around 100,000 and climbing, Iraqi Soldiers, Policemen, civilians's men, women, children and babies.

walker

What has been the cost to remove other evil men?

or

What has been the cost to fail to remove other evil men?

or

Hi Clavicula_nox4817

Either you are pretending to be naive or you are naive; which is it?

The Iraq war was about oil it was always about oil.

It was about oil and the fact that Iraq had switched from the Dollar to the Euro to sell oil thus becoming a threat to the seigniorage that the US uses to fund its economy.

First thing that happened literally 1 month after George Bush declared the end of hostilities and the inception of the new Iraq was the switch back from the Euro to the Dollar as the barrel price for oil in Iraq.

If it was about removing evil men why were the SLORC still in control in Myanmar/Burma? Why are we not in Sudan? Why are the Saudi royal family allowed to stone women to death or whip and behead them at the mere say so of their husband or a relative who no longer likes them?

The current US trigger for war with Iran is the Iranian oil bourse.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/middle-east-internet-interruption-looks-fishy

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

The Iraq war was about oil it was always about oil.
Wrong, the war had to do with a phony connection to the 911 attacks and suspected nuclear weapons development. Oil was not on the agenda. If it was we wouldn't be paying the bill for the war, oil sales would be. Edited by Big Mac

Hi Clavicula_nox4817

Followed by asinine rant

Neither. I know why we invaded Iraq (oil) and I didn't say anything against that, did I?

It was a simple question that you chose to engage in textual acrobatics to avoid answering.

or

We didn't invade to remove an evil man. We did put the evil man in power, sent him weapons, and let him use WMD with no penalty though.

But anyways, when do we take on North Korea, Libya, Syria, Iran, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Sudan and Cuba? It's fine by me if you want to throw in Italy as well.

Oil was not on the agenda. If it was we wouldn't be paying the bill for the war, oil sales would be.

You forget the part where everyone in the administration is an idiot. Wolfowitz said that because of the oil "Iraq will finance its own reconstruction." Everyone was wrong, except maybe Cheney because he just intended the whole thing as a muscle-flexing exercise to begin with.

We didn't invade to remove an evil man. We did put the evil man in power, sent him weapons, and let him use WMD with no penalty though.

I didn't make that argument.

Like walker, you chose to avoid a simple question. Why?

Why?

I don't know, I just jumped into the thread and haven't read any of your your preceding posts.

I don't know, I just jumped into the thread and haven't read any of your your preceding posts.

So you're telling me that you couldn't answer the question you quoted because you just jumped into the thread?

I'm trying to understand but I am having difficulty.

You forget the part where everyone in the administration is an idiot. Wolfowitz said that because of the oil "Iraq will finance its own reconstruction." Everyone was wrong, except maybe Cheney because he just intended the whole thing as a muscle-flexing exercise to begin with.
LOL Yea I always loved that line "The war will pay for itself."
Because he doesn't have a clue and so he avoids questions that will prove it. He's done it to me more than once.

So you're telling me that you couldn't answer the question you quoted because you just jumped into the thread?

I'm trying to understand but I am having difficulty.

Oh, that question. I didn't answer that because it was a non sequitur and if you weren't actually making the argument we incorrectly divined from it, then it doesn't actually have any bearing on the topic of discussion.

But I'll bite:

It can cost a lot to remove other evil men.

It can cost a lot to fail to remove other evil men.

Unless you're suggesting that over 100,000 people would have died anyway, so what?

Hi, Reason to go to war with Iraq,hmm can give you my idea on lots and lots off stuff I have read and seen online, should do it yourself and you will find more stuff that you ever dreamed off!(if you believe it ofcourse) and dont follow main stream media and goverment because they mostly lie all the time,

but about Iraq- Think Walker was closest to the truth,war was only to get a hold on the resources like,oil ofcourse but also minerals and other resources.

The US gave big fat lies in the UN-council about going to attack Iraq with fake evidence and got their way(suprise suprise),

Also Iraq could never be involved in to attacks in and on the US,There where no ties what so ever with any terrorist groups(like Alqaida)or any other groups.

They had lots off reasons but not the ones you heard on the tv.The cost off it in total is enormous(not meaning money btw,but in wasted lives);And we will see if the same will happen to Iran or to Korea(but there defences are bit better than Iraq's)

Il keep it to that for now,only advise is to go search the net and look for stuff yourself,

cya

I didn't make that argument.

Hi all

I actualy said as clear as day.

The reason "why" was oil pure and simple.

Those linked to the Bush administration made billions off it. Cheney rescued the firm he drove into chapter 11 bankruptcy Halliburton with 6 Billion Dollars of no bid contracts. Dick got a $34 Million personaly from Halliburton when he took office they were heading for bankruptcy and they gave him bonus for becoming Vice President of the US, hmm...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/may/24/chris-matthews/chris-matthews-says-cheney-got-34-million-payday-h/

Dumsfeld's KBR also had their snout in the trough, you may have noticed.

As to your intimations that invading Iraq was anything other than oil.

If it was WMD why did we give it to him?

If it was because he was evil why did we shake his hand and tell him well done?

Kind Regards walker

Well, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" you know. Once that no longer stands true there is no reason to help any longer (like Afghanistan for example). Not saying that it *is* the reason, but definitely a plausible one since it isn't the first time it happens.

Considering the scale of the war and that it continues after Saddam's death it is obvious it wasn't the reason this time, but there are countless examples of the above in history both on person- and nation-scale.

Oh, that question. I didn't answer that because it was a non sequitur and if you weren't actually making the argument we incorrectly divined from it, then it doesn't actually have any bearing on the topic of discussion.

But I'll bite:

It can cost a lot to remove other evil men.

It can cost a lot to fail to remove other evil men.

Unless you're suggesting that over 100,000 people would have died anyway, so what?

Everybody dies.

Hi all

I actualy said as clear as day.

The reason "why" was oil pure and simple.

Those linked to the Bush administration made billions off it. Cheney rescued the firm he drove into chapter 11 bankruptcy Halliburton with 6 Billion Dollars of no bid contracts. Dick got a $34 Million personaly from Halliburton when he took office they were heading for bankruptcy and they gave him bonus for becoming Vice President of the US, hmm...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lion-payday-h/

Dumsfeld's KBR also had their snout in the trough, you may have noticed.

Kind Regards walker

Another rant that actually had nothing to do with the question. Why is this so difficult for you? You're actually working harder at avoidance than actually answering.

Everybody dies.

But what is death, really? Isn't it just another state of matter, and aren't all our molecules retained? Who are we to choose one over the other?

You've got to be kidding.

But what is death, really? Isn't it just another state of matter, and aren't all our molecules retained? Who are we to choose one over the other?

You've got to be kidding.

You asked me if I thought 100,000 people would have died anyways and the answer is: Yes, they would. Not sure what is hard to understand about that.

*edit*

I think a lot of you people are so used to reading into each other's posts that you aren't actually reading them. I answered the question you asked and you come back with metaphysical nonsense. Why?

You asked me if I thought 100,000 people would have died anyways and the answer is: Yes, they would. Not sure what is hard to understand about that.

*edit*

I think a lot of you people are so used to reading into each other's posts that you aren't actually reading them. I answered the question you asked and you come back with metaphysical nonsense. Why?

I don't understand how I can go "into" your post by reading it. It's just words on a screen and I can only look at it.

See, I can troll by ignoring the obvious meaning of sentences through excessive literalism too. I'm done here.

I don't understand how I can go "into" your post by reading it. It's just words on a screen and I can only look at it.

See, I can troll by ignoring the obvious meaning of sentences through excessive literalism too. I'm done here.

Come back when you're willing to read what I actually type instead of what you think I typed.

or

Hi Clavicula_nox4817

If you are refering to this Clavicula_nox4817 then as I pointed out evil is what ever you decide it is.

He tortures tens of thousand and gasses people he is not evil, heck we sold him the gas to do it. A few day before this video he was killing the marsh arabs.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r42oejmpkgw&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r42oejmpkgw&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Evil has nothing to do with it. It is a word missused as per need. Dont like some one they must be evil. Evil what the Nazies said about Jews, Romanies, homosexuals, etc.

Evil is just a word used as an excuse often by evil people.

If you want to compare the "Evil" of Sadam to say the "Evil" of SLORC by al means do so but as the SLORC sells its oil via the dollar and to US companies we will not be invading it soon.

It was never about Sadam being Evil he was just the same the whole time he was our ally. And the man was no longer a military threat. He stopped being a military threat after Gulf War I. If we were going to remove him for being evil we would have done it when he was killing hundreds of thousands of Shiites and Kurds juts weeks after Gulf War 1.

He was a threat to US Oil Signiorage and a way for people to make money pure and simple.

Just as the Iranian Bourse is now a threat to US Oil Signiorage.

Once Again

Kind Regards

Edited by walker

Walker, I don't know how simple this can be.

I haven't disagreed with anything you have said; I just asked you a simple question about the cost in human lives to remove Saddam.

Hi all

There is a more detailed report on yesterdays shenanigans in the Washington Post it includes pictures of the incident with the Israeli soldier being suspended on a crane arm over the border fence. As well as pictures of UN soldiers waving them off.

Please be aware that following the links on the pictures may lead you too pictures of actual injury and death. I am not linking directly to the picture archive for that reason. Rather I am linking to the article. Proceed beyond that article at your own risk.

Lebanon, Israel clash near border; at least 4 dead

By BASSEM MROUE and ZEINA KARAM

The Associated Press

Tuesday, August 3, 2010; 6:09 PM

ADEISSEH, Lebanon -- Lebanese and Israeli troops exchanged fire Tuesday in a fierce border battle that killed a senior Israeli officer, two Lebanese soldiers and a journalist - underlining how easily tensions can re-ignite along the frontier where Israel and Hezbollah fought a war four years ago.

It was the worst fighting since 2006 in the area, where Israeli and Lebanese soldiers patrol within shouting distance of each other, separated by the U.N.-drawn Blue Line boundary...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/03/AR2010080304057.html

For the full story and actual text you will need to follow the link. BUT Please be aware that following the links on the pictures may lead you too Graphic pictures of actual injury and death. Proceed beyond that article at your own risk.

With it being the Lebanese Army that reacted rather than hezbollah hopefully this will calm down.

UNFIL has requested that both the Israeli and Lebanese Armies representatives meet with it to prevent future incidents. It also appears that the Lebanese Army Will start patrolling more of the fence.

With any luck this will be the last of the "shrubery war".

Starting a war with attack gardening just appears lame.

Kind Regards walker

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Walker, I don't know how simple this can be.

I haven't disagreed with anything you have said; I just asked you a simple question about the cost in human lives to remove Saddam.

Hi Clavicula_nox4817

The lowest real cost of removing Saddam?

One human life, his, plus one assassin's bullet.

Of course that was never why we invaded, as I keep pointing out.

Which was why we invaded Iraq rather than remove Saddam.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi Clavicula_nox4817

The lowest real cost of removing Saddam?

One human life, his, plus one assassin's bullet.

Of course that was never why we invaded, as I keep pointing out.

Which was why we invaded Iraq rather than remove Saddam.

Kind Regards walker

Walker, I don't know if you're just incapable of fully reading what someone else writes or not, but why don't you go ahead and read that question again. If you can.