Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Max Payne 3 - Your Thoughts?

Max Payne 2 was already dumbed down because they had to go for generic-looking hollywood face. Max's face in the first game was simply epic and more relateable, but apparently not pretty enough for the mass market.

Max Payne 2 was already dumbed down because they had to go for generic-looking hollywood face. Max's face in the first game was simply epic and more relateable, but apparently not pretty enough for the mass market.

To me, he just looked squinty-eyed and constipated :p

The Max Payne face from the first had personality. I was quite disappointed when I fired up MP2 and saw that he'd suddenly become "ruggedly handsome."

The face in the first one was a cost issue I guess; the face belongs to one of the devs.

IIRC it was the screenwriter or something.

I have to say though that the MP2 story would have suffered a lot if the guy still looked like he was smelling a stingy perpetual fart.. :rolleyes:

BUT his hollywoodish face wasn't good either. I preffered the "f-ed up" version from the first one, like someone mentioned.

yeah, this game will keep the dynamism! But I'm not too fond of his bald head and transfer of action into non-noir environment.

Actually I wonder how Max Payne would look like with Sin City stylisation? I mean black and white world with red blood, maybe hand drawn noir characters :)

Edited by Sudayev

Every new video makes me want it more:

Looks good. I wonder if they'll delay the PC version's release like they did with GTA IV. Can't say I'd mind as long as they iron out any bugs :p

Jesus fucking christ, i just bought the game and installed/updated it..... the crap just crashes to desktop, great!

I really like it. The cover system is there, but you don't have to use it. I'm playing it on hard which is about as difficult as normal was in games some years ago.

I like the game quite a lot, but it's unstable. And besides the black screens, CTDs on startup and random freeze/stuttering, those bullet sponge enemies make we want to kill the person that came up with them.

People, no matter how heavily armoured, are not bullet sponges. You got that, Rockstar?

Finally got to play it and i do like it but the game going from gameplay to cinematic and back again is annoying and specially since it does it every freaking few minutes. Anyway it's more true to the original than Max Payne 2 was so i'm a happy camper.

Finally got to play it and i do like it but the game going from gameplay to cinematic and back again is annoying and specially since it does it every freaking few minutes. Anyway it's more true to the original than Max Payne 2 was so i'm a happy camper.

This game has a serious identity crisis.

Is it a Movie, or is it a game?

I don't mind cutscenes but they should always be skippable. I'll decide whether the cutscene is worth my time or not.

It is sheer arrogance that someone would force you to sit through endless cinematics (especially when they happen between every bloody action sequence) and can be very immersion breaking when you just want to get on with the carnage :(

Oh yeah and the 'bullet sponge' thing is way out of control. 3 chest shots with a .357 to down a non armoured subject is laughable.

Edited by BangTail

I have yet to purchase this one. I think I'll end up getting it for my PS3. That's what I've been buying all of Rockstar's games for.

PS3 experience is fairly flawless.

And the cutscenes are masking horrendously long load times. They're not forcing you to watch the cutscenes, but preventing you from watching a loading bar. All cutscenes are skipable once the content is loaded (and in general that means you might only skip the last 5 seconds of the cinematic)