Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

New Beta Build 71213 Up!

CTD while testing ingame playing SP (Harvest Red/Badlands) after about 1 hour of playing

parameters I've used here: -mod=beta -exThreads=3 -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem=2047

maybe maxmem's the cause ?

ingame settings while playing: vd=3848, 3dres 1280x1024 (100%), terrain low, shadows normal, aa normal, pp high, vidmem default, rest very high

CTD while testing ingame playing SP (Harvest Red/Badlands) after about 1 hour of playing

parameters I've used here: -mod=beta -exThreads=3 -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem=2047

maybe maxmem's the cause ?

ingame settings while playing: vd=3848, 3dres 1280x1024 (100%), terrain low, shadows normal, aa normal, pp high, vidmem default, rest very high

Please share Your dump files.

yep same here

edit:

I'm crashing a lot with addons.. happens when i shoot AI.. I'm reverting.

Edited by Fox '09

I can confirm that the Boot Camp missions are fixed in this build.

With last 2 beta patches i got higher fps finaly have around 23-25 what makes game playable without lags :) , but the mission loading is dramaticly slowed down for me . Before i was looking at the loading screen for around 1-2 minutes ,now i do around 12-15 minutes if i load mission for the first time!!!!!! Patch fixes some problems and addes new :(

Anyway good job BIS ,glad to see your working on Arma 2 , keep it up in this tempo :)

Edited by Oleg-Russia

With last 2 beta patches i got higher fps finaly have around 23-25 what makes game playable without lags :) , but the mission loading is dramaticly slowed down for me . Before i was looking at the loading screen for around 1-2 minutes ,now i do around 12-15 minutes if i load mission for the first time!!!!!! Patch fixes some problems and addes new :(

Anyway good job BIS ,glad to see your working on Arma 2 , keep it up in this tempo :)

you are overreacting or your system has something seriously wrong if it is taking you 12-15 minutes to load a mission

Hasn't anyone played domination or any other intensive AI multiplayer missions recently? :D

MASSIVE FPS increases due to the dead AI no longer using as much processing power. :)

I think some of you guys need to get out of the benchmark missions.

you are overreacting or your system has something seriously wrong if it is taking you 12-15 minutes to load a mission

Why would i overact? i say like it is ,first time mission is loading very slow ,with cpucount=4 loads abit better.

By the way long loading found place only after i`ve installed new beta.FPS is increased what makes me happy.

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Hasn't anyone played domination or any other intensive AI multiplayer missions recently? :D

MASSIVE FPS increases due to the dead AI no longer using as much processing power. :)

I think some of you guys need to get out of the benchmark missions.

Wonder if scripting engine was carried out with specialized thread. On my rig script scheduling is extremely easy to screw up just with putting in more than hundred of AIs and making them fight each other - all loops running in background become jammed completely. Even deleting those hundreds of units won't unscrew the engine then.

Long loading of the mission solved , have just restarted the computer , after i installed the patch i`ve tried to run ded server wich was crashed for no reasons, probably server was still running somehere hidden in processes and used my cpu , wich caused the dramatical decrease in loading speed :)

Awesome patch BIS no complains ,KEEP IT UP ,looking forward for more fixes:)

P.S. my CPU is used only for 14%-20% all the time even with cpucount=4 and exThread=7 , how can i load it on 3/4th ?

Wonder if scripting engine was carried out with specialized thread. On my rig script scheduling is extremely easy to screw up just with putting in more than hundred of AIs and making them fight each other - all loops running in background become jammed completely. Even deleting those hundreds of units won't unscrew the engine then.

No idea. But, what have I have noted from other's observations is that the effects of AI processing seem to be less damaging on Intel processors and more so on AMD. Am I assuming correctly that you are using an AMD processor?

Now with beta patch things seem less 'stuttery' with AI than before and I'm very happy that FPS is restored when AIs are dead.

For what it's worth, I've been getting CTDs loading my mission into the editor since beta 71141 on an installation that's been extremely stable. It's only with the last several betas that I've started getting these CTDs. Some kind of ATI graphics related error. These last betas are fundamentally broken somehow. I'm sticking with 70951 until I see that whatever was done has been fixed. (Meanwhile I'll look into driver updates, in case that's an issue.)

<update>

Updated my video driver: no effect.

The 71141 to 71213 betas seem to be arguing with some of my mods, but not all. A particular map definitely is not loading, using these mods: Bundeswehr, CBA, MP Compatible Fastrope, Desert Mercs & Black Ops units, Littlebirds, and Isla Duala. FWIW.

Edited by Stick_Hogue
updated info

Yeah, there's no argue about that. Just A2 scripting performance sucks overall, it's not something version related.

With the latest beta i got much CTD's and somewhat increased loading times :/

Played for over 1 hour in editor custom mission with various paths/units and orders without crash, runs ok outside of towns!

For what it's worth, I've been getting CTDs loading my mission into the editor since beta 71141 on an installation that's been extremely stable. It's only with the last several betas that I've started getting these CTDs. Some kind of ATI graphics related error. These last betas are fundamentally broken somehow. I'm sticking with 70951 until I see that whatever was done has been fixed. (Meanwhile I'll look into driver updates, in case that's an issue.)

<update>

Updated my video driver: no effect.

The 71141 to 71213 betas seem to be arguing with some of my mods, but not all. A particular map definitely is not loading, using these mods: Bundeswehr, CBA, MP Compatible Fastrope, Desert Mercs & Black Ops units, Littlebirds, and Isla Duala. FWIW.

I am back to 70951 as well never a CTD, these new betas have major problems. Getting CTDs galore, I am done happy playing.

Maybe the problem is with the mods because the beta's have changed some of the functions in ARMA2? I would look into the mods as the source of the problem, possibly rewrite / recreate them.

The beta's are here for testing and changing game mechanics, and should really only be tested on vanilla ARMA2. Mods are a separate issue and expected to be broken after a major change to the game engine.

I've been playing the main campaign and seem to crash very often.

When I use exthreads=3 the game becomes rock steady and doesn't crash at all.

I can confirm that the Boot Camp missions are fixed in this build.

I can confirm that, too

referring to http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1642694&postcount=26

here's the link to the dump-files - hope these are the right ones ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/395440605/CTDdumpfiles.zip.html

and here entries of my .rpt at time of ctd:

Version 1.05.71213

Fault address: 005B8D21 01:001B7D21 E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe

file: C5_Badlands

world: chernarus

campaign: ca\missions\campaign

battle: Beginning

mission: C5

Prev. code bytes: B6 03 00 85 C0 7C 1D 8B 4D FC 8B 89 48 05 00 00

Fault code bytes: 8B 1C 81 85 DB 74 0D 8B 43 24 03 43 0C 35 B6 C8

Registers:

EAX:00000001 EBX:07A154F0

ECX:00000000 EDX:0000001D

ESI:2578D000 EDI:244A0E00

CS:EIP:001B:005B8D21

SS:ESP:0023:016FF470 EBP:016FF4A8

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010202

Just played the chopper mission in Boot Camp followed by 1 hour+ in the Harvest Red campaign in Manhattan and no CTDs for me. Just buttery smooth performance - I think it's making me horny. ;)

Specs: i7-930, Win 7 x64, 6 GB ram, GeForce GTX 285, TrackIR, default flags for cpuCount=, etc.

We're definitely going in the right direction, performance-wise. Thanks BIS!

p.s. Also using oktane's noblur mod, which might be helping my performance (c'mon BIS, let's have a setting in video options to disable blur, independent of other post processing effects, pleeeez).

Edited by KaBoNG

.. p.s. Also using oktane's noblur mod, which might be helping my performance (c'mon BIS, let's have a setting in video options to disable blur, independent of other post processing effects, pleeeez..

+1 nice idea!

Yes bootcamp missions are fixed

No idea. But, what have I have noted from other's observations is that the effects of AI processing seem to be less damaging on Intel processors and more so on AMD. Am I assuming correctly that you are using an AMD processor?

Now with beta patch things seem less 'stuttery' with AI than before and I'm very happy that FPS is restored when AIs are dead.

I'm thinking there's probably something in this.

Getting a very different 'smooth' feeling from these last few betas, and they've been totally stable for me except for certain addon islands CTDing upon loading in the editor.

FWIW - Build 71213 seems to work a little bit better than 70951 for me when it comes to texture loading/LOD switching/image quality, again all this is very subjective.

Also want to mention that the "sound cutting out issue" is greatly improved but still there in certain situations. I noticed it again in MP when a Mi-8 helicopter was attacking with a barrage of rockets and also when large explosions wen't off in the distance.

Command line: arma2.exe -nosplash -mod=beta -profiles=d:\games\ARMAII~1\ -bepath=client1 -name=KeyCat -showScriptErrors -exThreads=0

/KC

Edited by KeyCat