Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

New Beta Build 71213 Up!

I play with Charlie foxtrot alot.

Normally am able to play 3 hours straight

today i crashed 2 times.

Ingame time was night time. but the crashing occasions where random

I am more worried about the beta patches crashing on custom maps rather than mods. Mods can be tailored to the game engine, can be tinkered to work, or dropped in favor of something that does. Maps, on the other hand, represent a solid base; an investment of time and energy, which is, at the very least considerable, and with the better maps, extreme. I feel that the game should be tailored to suit as wide a range of maps as possible. It is in the interest of the community that compatibility be maintained as much as possible. It is the 3rd party content, especially the maps, that makes the game enjoyable and sustainable. Without the ability to add content, Arma 2 is just another war game, and not the best one out there.

With that in mind, I wish to report that the newer betas do not work with Isla Duala. CTD with all thread modes tested. Map worked fine with 1.05.

I am more worried about the beta patches crashing on custom maps rather than mods. Mods can be tailored to the game engine, can be tinkered to work, or dropped in favor of something that does. Maps, on the other hand, represent a solid base; an investment of time and energy, which is, at the very least considerable, and with the better maps, extreme. I feel that the game should be tailored to suit as wide a range of maps as possible. It is in the interest of the community that compatibility be maintained as much as possible. It is the 3rd party content, especially the maps, that makes the game enjoyable and sustainable. Without the ability to add content, Arma 2 is just another war game, and not the best one out there.

With that in mind, I wish to report that the newer betas do not work with Isla Duala. CTD with all thread modes tested. Map worked fine with 1.05.

Agreed, maps are a huge investment.

Hi,

This is the first time ever i CTD since i bought Arma2:yay: i don't know i'm just happy :D

Faulting application name: arma2.exe, version: 1.5.71.213, time stamp: 0x4c091130

Faulting module name: arma2.exe, version: 1.5.71.213, time stamp: 0x4c091130

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x007a4778

Faulting process id: 0xe9c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb05b1c61ecdf9

Faulting application path: F:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe

Faulting module path: F:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe

Report Id: 619531c2-71a9-11df-844e-002215a3dc29

dump files:

crash#1

http://www.filefront.com/16671581/Desktop.7z

Crash#2

http://www.filefront.com/16672321/Desktop.7z

Hope it helps.

Edited by InFireBaptize
attached dump files.

I'm getting crashes too, quite frequently but not game-breaking. I've noticed this usually happens to me when just after receiving data on MP missions. Next time it happens I'll be sure to post the files and more info. :)

Performance has gone up nicely for me, these eXthreads commands seem to be helping a lot. However urban performance is still not so great.

For reference:

using eXthreads=7

Intel Xeon 2.8ghz quad core

EVGA GTX 285

Intel X25-M G2 SSD

Windows 7 x64

With 1.05.71213 I get even more texture swapping and sometimes single-colored blocks.

AI issues+bugs are still there. :(

After 36min of play in Armory game made CTD

I've used no mods and command line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=5

My hardware specs are:

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 4 | Phenom II 940 @3.4 | OCZ 4Giga | PALIT HD4870SE

After few days of play without mods with different -exThreads values nothing change for me... I've got random CTD, sometimes after 30min, sometimes after 2h of play. It doesn't matter is it MP or SP game.

Performances are way better then in 1.05 but this beta is just not stable.

Fix for Isla Duala will be available soon and new beta is on its way (It may fix more problems with other user made addons as well but we did not test it yet)

If anyone is getting crashes in vanilla version, it would be very helpful to know more (e.g. crash dumps etc.).

How to make crash dump?

I've got CTD without any information.

How to make crash dump?

I've got CTD without any information.

You should have those files in your ArmA2 AppData folder after a crash, including your ArmA2.rpt file, and potentially ArmA2.bidmp and ArmA2.mdmp dump files.

You should have those files in your ArmA2 AppData folder after a crash, including your ArmA2.rpt file, and potentially ArmA2.bidmp and ArmA2.mdmp dump files.

OK thank you mate, I know where it is.

I'll get some files for You Maruk when I back from work.

Fix for Isla Duala will be available soon and new beta is on its way (It may fix more problems with other user made addons as well but we did not test it yet) If anyone is getting crashes in vanilla version, it would be very helpful to know more (e.g. crash dumps etc.).

Wow, thats a nice gesture I didn't expect. I've already checked dump and report files people are sending over, but unable to find what is causing that. Thank you, that proves BIS relation to its community is the best in the world :)

Wow, thats a nice gesture I didn't expect. I've already checked dump and report files people are sending over, but unable to find what is causing that. Thank you, that proves BIS relation to its community is the best in the world :)

Yeah that is cool, and by the way IceBrekr your maps are the best in the world as well!!

There is actually no change in the change log :)

The email that gets sent shows the last 4 lines in the change log becuase the change logs are not consistent and BIS often change the top lines or rmove lines, hard to keep track of what the new changes are without a lot of work storing the changes (and then BIS delete or change old lines)

Yapa

There's this too, if you do RSS. My code greps the differences and tries to determine if it is the same. Works like 95% of the time :D

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85411