Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

I really need some help with this.

I am having a little issue with the script version and don't know if this a bug or an issue others had in the past. I looked but can't find any information on my issue.

I am using DAC in a domination edit using 2.6 version on takistan with someother scripts ie DAPMAN ect. I am using the RU units with the DAC not the takistan units so I know which is which DAC vs Domination default units.

I am using Two large zones that cover most of the playable map with Each zone spawns 8 inf, 5wheeled and 3 armor groups. Both zones are linked.

here is my zone setup fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,4,35,5],[5,4,20,5],[3,4,15,5],[3,4,200,0,100,14],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone.

This is the issue. At one of the camps I get multiple empty wheeled vechicles and mutiple vechicles with only a few units sitting in cargo with no driver after a few wheeled groups are killed. With each wheeled group that is killed the situation at the camp base continues to grow and grow until it starts messing up the game performance over 40 vechicles just sitting around. The other inf, armor and some wheeled groups are working fine and moving around the zones.

The only thing I changed was in the DAC_Config_Camps

_campStatic = [["Igla_AA_pod_TK_EP1",-7,25,0,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["D30_RU",25,25,0,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["KORD_high",25,-20,180,"RU_Soldier_GL"],["D30_RU",-7,-20,180,"RU_Soldier_GL"]];

I added a AA pod and MG and took out two of the D30.

Any help on this would be appreciated Avibird.

Still looking for help on this. If you have any idea why this could happen please let me know so I can look into the reason. I don't want to take out the wheeled vechicles but I have no choice right now! Thanks Avibird.

Still looking for help on this. If you have any idea why this could happen please let me know so I can look into the reason. I don't want to take out the wheeled vechicles but I have no choice right now! Thanks Avibird.

Hi AVIBIRD :) could you maybe post up a mission that displays this problem? You could try removing everything but the DAC elements & see if you get the same problem, then if you do you can post that cut-down version up for us to look at.

I am using Two large zones that cover most of the playable map with Each zone spawns 8 inf, 5wheeled and 3 armor groups. Both zones are linked.

here is my zone setup fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,4,35,5],[5,4,20,5],[3,4,15,5],[3,4,200,0,100,14],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone.

Just a stab but are you using the optional WP config [0,0,0,0,0] in the zone?

This is the issue. At one of the camps I get multiple empty wheeled vechicles and mutiple vechicles with only a few units sitting in cargo with no driver after a few wheeled groups are killed. With each wheeled group that is killed the situation at the camp base continues to grow and grow until it starts messing up the game performance over 40 vechicles just sitting around. The other inf, armor and some wheeled groups are working fine and moving around the zones.

Is it the same camp that does this all the time? Are the camps placed randomly or specific locations?

Has anyone had this happen when using DAC in a mission. I have two large zones that are connected. Each zone has 3 camps and 14 respawns. Each zone spawns only 7 inf, 4 wheeled and 3 armor groups. I am using DAC in a domination edit with a few other scripts added to the mission. I let the game run overnight to see how the performance would be. One camp was destroyed and next to the camp was a group of 136 units both crew and regular soldiers just sitting around. The other camps were still active but the mission should have 14 inf groups, 8 wheeled groups and 6 armor groups A total of 28 groups. When I look to see there was less then 12 groups moving around the zones not including the non active group with 136 units. Any input on this would be great. When I killed the 136 unit group my performance with FPS went from 17 to 37. thanks Avibird.

Yes I have run into a similar problem in an I44 mission. Merderet map using DAC zones for both sides.. Germans had 2 camps in 2 separate camp-only zones and 2 German unit spawn/wp zones (unit zones were moved after init to another location). Similar setup for Allies but with only one camp zone and one spawn/wp zone.

After a while when German units started respawning I noticed FPS would drop so turned markers on and noticed a single German group with over 100 units (at least that's what the DAC marker was reporting). There were other Ger groups still alive however when they died and respawned they were lumped into the massive group.

Not sure how that helps but at least you're not crazy? :p

J

After a while when German units started respawning I noticed FPS would drop so turned markers on and noticed a single German group with over 100 units (at least that's what the DAC marker was reporting). There were other Ger groups still alive however when they died and respawned they were lumped into the massive group.

I PM'd Avibird1 about some tests he might do, but your post suggests something else to look at. DAC will join groups below a certain size with another group. I think the default limit is 2. It seems you can't turn that off (setting it to 0 doesn't seem to stop single units joining up with each other - bah!). However, if you set the DAC message options appropriately, DAC will report if there are 'joined' events. The results might indicate if that routine is getting borked. Not sure if joining applies to vehicles, though, the manual just says "groups".

Note I'm referring to the system "_setJoin" in the behaviour config, not the SP 'DAC_Join_Action" recruitment option.

^ Yes I hadn't thought of checking that.. I'm not 100% sure but I believe I had it set to 2 (_setJoin). I still have the mission around somewhere I'll fire it up and see if I can reproduce it. Now that I think about it a bit more I'm sure that a respawning group would appear at the camp for a few seconds then disappear (marker) from the map and merge with the big group (ie: big group's unit count would go up by # of units in spawned group).. so you might be on to something. In my mission there were only vehicle and armor groups spawning in the German DAC zones.

Also note that I didn't actually 'see' this big group with my own virtual eyes.. I'm just going off of what the markers were displaying.

^ Yes I hadn't thought of checking that.. I'm not 100% sure but I believe I had it set to 2 (_setJoin). I still have the mission around somewhere I'll fire it up and see if I can reproduce it. Now that I think about it a bit more I'm sure that a respawning group would appear at the camp for a few seconds then disappear (marker) from the map and merge with the big group (ie: big group's unit count would go up by # of units in spawned group).. so you might be on to something. In my mission there were only vehicle and armor groups spawning in the German DAC zones.

Also note that I didn't actually 'see' this big group with my own virtual eyes.. I'm just going off of what the markers were displaying.

Ahh.. so you seem to have had a similar situation to Avibird1, i.e. vehicles rather than squaddies piling up. Odd. Would you place a playable observer at the scene? It would be useful to know if they are spawning with full crews or not. Is i44 the only mod you had running, and DAC the only script (whether in script or PBO form). Only problem I've encountered so far (apart from my scripting incompetence, lol) is with chopper pilots at a late-spawned or activated zone getting out of the choppers & running off to the main zone, but that's another story),

Ahh.. so you seem to have had a similar situation to Avibird1, i.e. vehicles rather than squaddies piling up. Odd. Would you place a playable observer at the scene? It would be useful to know if they are spawning with full crews or not. Is i44 the only mod you had running, and DAC the only script (whether in script or PBO form). Only problem I've encountered so far (apart from my scripting incompetence, lol) is with chopper pilots at a late-spawned or activated zone getting out of the choppers & running off to the main zone, but that's another story),

Yes it would seem the situations were similar although I think the large group actual moved around the map not stuck in one place.. but I'll have to see if I can repro the problem as my mind is getting fuzzy with age.

I will plop down an observer and see what happens. I44 was the only mod running and I was using the built-in DAC for I44 (with my own DAC\configfiles.sqf stuff). I was also running some other scripts (ambient artillery, smoke columns, probably something else I can't remember). I'll post some more info when I dig up the mission files.

Edit; there is soo much good stuff in this thread I have to re-read the whole thing now.. hmm.. why don't I make a document that lists all the little tidbits (undocumented features, incorrect info in manual, etc) and we can post it in the configs thread or somewhere easy to see?

Well after a quick test I'm sure it's not the same problem. What happens is that once German units start respawning they will get 'blocked up'.. the camp shows # of respawns and # of groups in the queue waiting to respawn... after the first group or two respawn the queue gets stuck.. number of waiting groups increases for both camps. Then it gets weird and difficult to describe.. marker shows a large group of 42 units but only for about 5 seconds then it disappears and somewhere else on the map appears a 102 unit group :confused: I'm going to assume it must be something with the other scripts and DAC, or just outright bad config on my part...or maybe something to do with moving the zones.

Using F2 framework (but I've used this before with DAC and no issues), Norrin's revive, and some ambient scripts...arty and smoke

This particular mission was more of a mash of things I was trying out and didn't spend too much time troubleshooting. Few things I did notice:

- after the unit/wp zones were moved to a new location, the little line that connects the camp zone to the unit zone was still pointing to where the unit zone used to be, not where it was currently (does that even make sense?? hope so...)

- the first few german units that did respawn were given waypoints INSIDE the camp zone (which had different zone ID than the unit/wp zone the unit was originally from)

Not sure if this is at all helpful but hey...

Looks like the new version has fixed the issue with zones not working though you have to use the script (DAC_External) version for it to work. Otherwise you get an error and the deactivated areas don't reactivate correctly. Not sure why this happens on the new Lingor and not the old one.

Edited by 7th_Serf

^ not sure what you mean... so DAC wasn't working with older versions of Lingor? That seems odd.. are there other island where this is a known issue?

nope DAC worked 100% fine on older Lingor versions (Internal version using the built in DAC in ACE). On Lingor 1.337 it stopped functioning sometimes (some things wouldn't spawn and some spawn areas would not restart after being deactivated). Started using the script version out of frustration and now everything spawns correctly. What was odd was that some spawns would work and others wouldn't - yet when I switched to external (script) they all worked all the time - deactivated spawn areas activated on trigger - that sort of thing.

The reason I noticed the problem was that I updated one of my older maps by setting it up on the newer version of Lingor and discovered that none of my spawns was working right - at first it seemed that only infantry was spawning - no vehicles or armor. Then I discovered that deactivated spawns wouldn't fire. I remade the map several times (changing and updating the spawn areas) to no avail - then I decided to put it back to the script version and it worked. It really is odd because the internal version of DAC works great on all other maps (I use @ACE all the time and DAC is built in).

hmm.. I've always used the script version so never noticed. Hope you didn't spend too many hours pulling your hair out on that one!! :)

I've recently fallen in love (again) with ACE however and am starting to use it with ACRE in missions... so I have an ACE/DAC question for you :p

If I use the built-in DAC with ACE, and place a DAC_Extern logic on the map, it errors looking for a certain file under DAC\scripts\ I believe (I can verify from home PC).. I thought with the Extern all you needed was a DAC folder inside your mission folder with all the config.sqf files (ie: DAC_Unit_Config.sqf, DAC_Config_Creator.sqf, etc), and DAC_Intern was for the default configs (ie: 0,0,0,0 lots of Russians!!) and no other files needed?

Or do I have that wrong? Intern expects the DAC folder with just the config files and Extern wants basically the entire script version inside the mission folder?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I've never used the addon version before

Dac internal just needs the game logic, everything in the scripts is included. If you check the instuctions it shows how to setup changed configs. By using the internal version of dac found in ace you will save about 1 meg in your mission size.

DAC_Intern in a Game Logic demotes the pbo version; DAC_Extern is for the script package in the mission folder. So if you want to use the DAC pbo from the ACE folder, use DAC_Intern. To use mission-specific configs (e.g., for units, camps, behaviour, etc.) place a game logic called DAC_Intern and in the init put, e.g.,

DAC_Single_Config = ["Camps","Behaviour","Weapons","Units"];

Pop those files in your mission root for them to work as well. If you don't have clean copies of those files you can grab them from the DAC package in the OP:

\DAC_V3_c\DAC_pbo\DAC_Configs\DAC

Ok thanks a lot guys...I went and re-read the manual for the pbo-specific stuff...looks pretty straight-forward not sure how I messed it up. :p

I think my problem was that I was using Intern with configs but I had them in a \DAC folder not in the mission root.

Hello

There are four different global settings related to ground support, which I have

unfortunately not described ... sorry

The standard settings are:

1. The "DAC_Radio_Dist" is the max range in which a group leader can reach groups for support (that what you mean).

Example: If u play your mission with DAC_AI_Level 3 and the average strength of the group (the group wich requesting support)

is 0.6 then the value for the "DAC_Radio_Dist" is: ((1000 * 3) * 0.6) = 1.800m

2. The "DAC_Alert_Dist" is the maximum distance, in which the groups provide support, without they being called for support.

3. The "Radio Time" is the time interval in which a leader tries to reach a group for ground support (sending a radio message).

The calculation with the above values would be: ((15 / 3) / (0.6 + 0.1)) = ~ 7 sec.

That means, the group leader will send each 7 sec. a support request to another DAC-group, within the "DAC_Radio_Dist", but nor each request is a hit ;-)

4. The "DAC_Radio_Count" specifies the maximum number of support groups that each group leader can request.

Maybe it's better to reduce this value (example): DAC_Radio_Count = "(DAC_AI_Level / 2)"

If u want to change one of the settings, write the new code into the init line of the DAC-logic, for example:

DAC_Radio_Dist = "((500 * DAC_AI_Level) * _skillgroup)";

Greeting

Silola

Is there a variable or something I could use to make sure that groups stay within their zone and not try to support other zones, only groups in their own zone?

Sort of like how UPSMON works, they don't "chase" units across the map, only within their zone

edit: No, the zones are not linked.

Is there a variable or something I could use to make sure that groups stay within their zone and not try to support other zones, only groups in their own zone?

Sort of like how UPSMON works, they don't "chase" units across the map, only within their zone

edit: No, the zones are not linked.

Yes if you look in the DAC_Config_Behaviour file there is a variable in each case called _setSupport = [1,2]

The first number is what you are looking for - change it to _setSupport = [0,2] and units will no longer leave their zone to support (they will continue to support within the zone).

The second number is for artillery support and must match up with (for example) case 2 in DAC_Config_Arti

You can of course assign different behaviour configs to different zones - just change an entry in the DAC trigger in the editor (to match the appropriate behaviour case)

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[4,2,20,4],[],[2,2,10,6],[],[0,0,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

Very useful, thanks Savage. Nice seeing you :)

Very useful, thanks Savage. Nice seeing you :)

You're welcome Cuel. Drop by TS (ts3.veterans-gaming.com) anytime if you need more help. We're also doing weekly campaign missions (currently getting 15-18 players average) so if you're interested let me know.

DAC_Intern in a Game Logic demotes the pbo version; DAC_Extern is for the script package in the mission folder. So if you want to use the DAC pbo from the ACE folder, use DAC_Intern. To use mission-specific configs (e.g., for units, camps, behaviour, etc.) place a game logic called DAC_Intern and in the init put, e.g.,

You normally don´t have to copy the whole script suite of DAC into your mission also if you use DAC_Extern. You just need all of the config files in the DAC folder in your mission.

But sometimes this don´t work corrently as i saw a few times ago.

You normally don´t have to copy the whole script suite of DAC into your mission also if you use DAC_Extern. You just need all of the config files in the DAC folder in your mission.

But sometimes this don´t work corrently as i saw a few times ago.

?? - if you use DAC_Extern (denoting the script version) having only the config files in the mission folder cannot work at all because there won't be any of the scripts to which the configs relate.

It is when using DAC_Intern [the PBO version] that you need only place configs in the mission folder, and then solely for those features that you wish to vary from default. And yes, I've seen an instance where setting a parameter in the config_creator did not change what DAC did when using the PBO version, though I've pretty much switched over completely to the script version for various reasons.

Hi,

Really nice and complex stuff you guys done here, I only have 1 problem with it (so far:)): I'm making a stealth mission where the enemy consists of patroling insurgents (chernarusi guerillas). I want to make staying silent essential for surviving, but they (the enemy) don't really care if I fire my plain AK 200-300 meters away from them. When I shoot directly at them, they start to fire back and then chase me off which is really awesome, but otherwise they just patroling calmly, even if grenades exploding some few hundred meters from them.

Is this a known issue or its just simply me f*cking up something in the behaviour cfg. It looks like this:

case 2:

{

_setSkill = [0.5,0.9];

_setCombat = ["red"];

_setBehav = ["safe"];

_setSpeed = ["limited","normal"];

_setForm = ["line","vee","column","wedge","stag column","ech left","ech right","file","diamond"];

_setFleeing = [0,500];

_setHeliVal = [45,100,0.7,1];

_setPause = [[1,3],[5,10],[5,10],[20,30,5,5],[1,3],[0,0]];

_setBldgBeh = [3,100,180,300,1];

_setPatrol = ["45 + (20 * (skill _leader))","(60 + (random 60)) + ((skill _leader) * 50)"];

_setSearch = ["50 + ((skill _leader) * 150)","50 + ((skill _leader) * 50)"];

_setSupport = [1,0];

_setJoin = 1;

_setEmpVeh = [[150,100],[150,100]];

_setSupTime = ["5 + ((skill _unit) * (5 * DAC_AI_Level))",2,3];

_setHidTime = ["(((10 * DAC_AI_Level) + ((skill _leader) * 50)) / ((count units _group) + 1))"];

Is there a way to extend their awareness / detection range somehow, or this is a limitation?

Thanks in advance!

?? - if you use DAC_Extern (denoting the script version) having only the config files in the mission folder cannot work at all because there won't be any of the scripts to which the configs relate.

It is when using DAC_Intern [the PBO version] that you need only place configs in the mission folder, and then solely for those features that you wish to vary from default. And yes, I've seen an instance where setting a parameter in the config_creator did not change what DAC did when using the PBO version, though I've pretty much switched over completely to the script version for various reasons.

I think that was my issue initially.. it seems using the PBO version with custom DAC_Config_Creator doesn't work well.. forcing me to add stuff to the init of the DAC Logic if I want to change anything from the defaults (ie: DAC_Comm_Value=[1,2,0] ). This gets a bit messy if I'm changing a lot of defaults in Config_Creator. Not sure if saving ~1MB of mission file size is worth the headache :)

@tpM - I could be wrong but I don't think DAC has any way of adjusting the 'detection' range when it comes to AI and sounds.. you might have to look at another AI mod (believe GL4 has this feature)

Edited by SavageCDN