Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

The "2" means the auto unit function.

Which supports dynamic adapted group count depending to the count of players on the server listed in the DAC Player Sting.

So the "" are just of interest if you create a MP misison.

Further more u dont need to delete all other cases.

As u can easily switch between them on different zones on the map, if u delete them all u cant use different behaviours in different zones.

I don't wish to imply that you're not understanding DAC, but some basics:

Are you running the DAC_Ext logic unit?

No, DAC_intern.

Quote from manual:

Additionally to this the "DAC-intern" file offers you the possibility to outsource single configuration-files right

inside your Mission directory. That enables you to make changing’s on the files or expand the already existing

ones with your own files. To outsource files individually, just define following Syntax right inside the init-line

of the DAC-Logic:

Do you have the DAC folder (and its DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf) in your mission folder?

I have only specified files (Creator and Behaviour) in mission root folder as per manual:

In this case this means that DAC is expecting the file „DAC_Config_Units.sqf“ in your missions directory.
BTW I don't think you need the speech quotes around the 2 in your zone call.
I never saw this "2" in the config.Maybe you should write it without " ;-)

I need it. Quote from manual:

DAC_Auto_UnitCount = [8,10]

You can use this option to adjust the amount of DAC groups on the amount of player units dynamically. With other

words: So more human players are present on the map (coop) so more DAC groups will be generated and conversely.

To dynamically reduce or increase the amount of units of these 18 DAC-groups, related to the number

of players, just set this number in quotes:

["z1",[1,0,0],[ “18“,2,75,10],[ ],[ ],[ ],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Further more u dont need to delete all other cases.

As u can easily switch between them on different zones on the map, if u delete them all u cant use different behaviours in different zones.

Yep, I know that. But I don't need other options, I did this to check, that it really reads config from mission and not from addon.

Hmm OK you're using DAC in a more advanced way :) what I should have written was: have you tried reducing the advanced configuration and tried it more basically, to ensure that your config is a correct one? So use the DAC_Ext logic unit, and place the DAC folder into the mission folder with your config file in it, to see if it works in principle?

If we know it works in principle, we can work out why it's not working in that particular configuration.

Yep, good idea. I've just checked completely new empty mission with only default DAC, no other scripts, changed only behavior settings and it seems to be working. So I guess there is some kind of a mistake in my other missions. Will try to figure out...

Hi :)

Maybe it's really a bug. I will test it this evening.

But it could also be that the values from the "Config_Behaviour" are enabled only when the group has reached its first waypoint :rolleyes:

Can you test this conjecture? Wait until one group has just reached its first waypoint, then watch how the group behaves.

THX

Bye

Silola

Made some test and figured out, that when you use DAC_Reduce_Value leader is running as fast as he can and if you disable reduce - group walks as expected...

I think there is a problem with DAC. Ive created a mission with different zones that get activated when Blufor are present. On a dedicated server no troops are created, but if I play with my pc as the server it works. How I can tell is I have triggers that detect when opfor units are present and send a message. No message on dedi server but shows on local server.

gunterlund, after I read your post yesterday, I have made several tests and can confirm it's a bug (on dedi only) :mad:

Unfortunately I could not find this bug yet, but I'm working on it.

Alternatively, you can generate all the zones at the beginning, and if DAC is initialized,

you disable the zones, which you do not need...this should work.

Maybe you can try this alternative, because it worked in my tests.

Greeting

Silola

After further tests I can now say that it's not a bug :D

Gunterlund, you're doing something wrong I think. Maybe you can send me your Mission.sqm?

Greeting

Silola

Gunterlund, you're doing something wrong I think. Maybe you can send me your Mission.sqm?

Greeting

Silola

Will do check your PM

File is on the way

Edited by gunterlund21

Silola

One other thing. When playing on the dedi server you see the message DAC 3.0 is initialized. But in reality its still laying down waypoints and troops. Is there another message when it has actually completed its routing.

For me the "Good luck Soldier" message, states me that it´s done

For me the "Good luck Soldier" message, states me that it´s done

Im not seeing that on a dedi server.

Hi,

write this into the init-line of the DAC-logic:

DAC_Com_Values = [0,1,0]

Then u see the following messages if u play on a dedi server:

dacinit2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and

dacinit.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Greeting

Silola

Greeting

Silola

Well I hope you can find this because Im having no luck. I think its an issue with using DAC_Extern on a dedi server. I have the DAC folder in my mission when I create the pbo so Im scratching my head.

I think its an issue with using DAC_Extern on a dedi server. I have the DAC folder in my mission when I create the pbo so Im scratching my head.

And you are also running the dac addons on both the server & client?

The extern method is not an excuse not to use the addons, it just gives you more freedom with the config files - custom unit configs for example.

Script only version is yet to come, but close says Silola :bounce3:

And you are also running the dac addons on both the server & client?

The extern method is not an excuse not to use the addons, it just gives you more freedom with the config files - custom unit configs for example.

Script only version is yet to come, but close says Silola :bounce3:

Yea I have DAC source and sound running on both. Looking forward to the script version of this.

thanks very much for this. DAC revolutionises the game replayability.

one question. Any plans for triggers that get nearby units to do things? for example a trigger that gets the group to man a static defence if under attack. or have i missed some functionality?

@twisted:

Do you have tried the demo mission "# D_18_DAC_use_empty_things.utes" ?

In this mission DAC units using empty vehicles and guns, and they also occupy buildings.

In the folder of this mission you find a special "DAC_Config_Behaviour".

In this file, these features are enabled.

Look also in the readme page 41 (_setBldgBeh) and page 42 (_setEmpVeh) how u can setup this features.

@gunterlund21:

Your mission.sqm is really a big one and it's hard for me to understand the connections, but I think all entrys relating to DAC are correct.

You must absolutely ensure that the function "DAC_Activate" is started on the server only.

If this function is run from a client, nothing happens then.

I think this is your problem :rolleyes:

Greeting

Silola

@twisted:

In this mission DAC units using empty vehicles and guns, and they also occupy buildings.

In the folder of this mission you find a special "DAC_Config_Behaviour".

Look also in the readme page 41 (_setBldgBeh) and page 42 (_setEmpVeh) how u can setup this features.

Silola

thanks a lot! :)

EDIT - a question - this has to be external game logic right? no way of doing it from a trigger when using internal game logic?

Edited by twisted
notha Q

@twisted:

In the folder of this mission you find a spec

l "DAC_Config_Behaviour".

@gunterlund21:

Your mission.sqm is really a big one and it's hard for me to understand the connections, but I think all entrys relating to DAC are correct.

You must absolutely ensure that the function "DAC_Activate" is started on the server only.

If this function is run from a client, nothing happens then.

I think this is your problem :rolleyes:

Greeting

Silola

So this means I need to run it from a script instead of a trigger correct?

Yes, this might be the better option. In addition, you have a bit more control and you are flexible.

Try it out and let me know how it works :)

Greeting

Silola

Would that simply be a

[z1] call DAC_Activate

or more sophisticated like 'omfglocality' variant .sqf?

if (isServer) then {
[z1] call DAC_Activate;
};