Sign in to follow this  
-DirTyDeeDs--Ziggy-

live stream of Gulf oil leak

-Ziggy-;1638465']Look Hans' date=' Obama intends to bill BP for service the govt is providing in this operation, why not be proactive about it and send the whole national guard or something to protect what hasnt been damaged yet. [/quote']

The National Guard you speak of is under the control of the Governor and the State of Louisiana. Only when a Guard unit is Federalized does it get funded by the Federal government.

, the amount Obama has spent thus far in his presidency, whats another billion, aint gonna make that much of a difference... :j:

Sounds like you are true master of your own finances. Were you the one of many that lived out side of their means by buying everything on credit, and then defaulting on that credit after you found out you couldn't pay the bill?

what I said was "National Guard or something"... but you read only what you want to read and make a case to argue against it. I meant send somebody, anybody, hell everybody to clean up whats there and whats coming. the top kill has failed, so this leak could go for months or years. Think what you want, but a few contractors from BP are not going to be enough.

please post more comments that are off topic, unnecessary and flame baiting. I'm sure it wont be the first time this forum moderates you.

-Ziggy-;1638288']

yes' date=' technically the agreement they signed caps libility to 74 million or something, I'm not exactly familiar with the law. If they were to stick to that agreement and bail out before fixing the leak and making every effort possible to compensate the victims and clean up, the companys market share value will drop like a stone. Remember Union Carbide? The companys future depends on the actions it takes going forward.

If I were you, I would consider a different source of investment, because I'm not exactly impressed with the way BP has handled this situation, and I'm not convinced they will come out of this as a healthy, robust, and profitable company.[/quote']

The companies share value is already dropping like a stone.

At the point where it looks like it is going to drop more than the value of their U.S. assets...then if American's are still looking to nail them for more, (and completely gloss over the involvement of their own companies in this). BP should just walk.

Fold BP America and sail off.

You can have 100% of the market share of the U.S. for all I care. It's been nothing but trouble from day one. I always vote against all my investments operating in the U.S. The place is a black hole for foreign money.

And since everyone like you wants them to fold, then they should. And if they do, I will invest more into them. No one else in the world can do what they do.

Buy low, sell high. BP is going to go real low. It also pays one of the better dividends currently.

Hate on BP all you like, but the Gulf coast needs friends right now, and BP is the only they've got that is capable of helping. )In fact, it's the only one in the world capable of helping. So piss them off at your own risk).

It's not enough of course. And even if they stop the leak, it won't have been enough and will never be enough. It wouldn't be a disaster if it was.

Edited by Baff1

some things are more important than money.

this incident brings to light once more the fact that they operate without care for the health of their workers or the environments they work in, but you don't care as long as they continue to pay a dividend.

you are entitled to your opinion, and you have given it respectfully, and for that I grant you respect in return, but I have to disagree with you on most points. I wish you had a little more compassion and a little less greed.

BP wasnt stupid. they managed to get into a position where they pretty much regulated themselves, wavied safety precautions, used cheap materials, and all to maximize their return on investment. Hell, even the company that drilled the well is making a huge profit off the insurance of the rig. Our govt shares the blame here. It makes me sick just thinking of this whole mess.

:(

please post more comments that are off topic' date=' unnecessary and flame baiting. I'm sure it wont be the first time this forum moderates you.[/quote']

When did you become a pseudo-mod?

Anyway, I'm not sure why you are getting all fired up and angry over the internet because someone corrected you. I mean if the oil spill is making you that mad, how about you get off the internet and go help out? That way you don't come to the forums and use us are you virtual whipping boy.

my facts are accurate, we are talking opinions here, so where was I wrong or corrected? You're like my son, has to have the last word... :rolleyes:

-Ziggy-;1638952']some things are more important than money.

:(

Easy to say when it's not you paying.

Put your money where your mouth is.

How much are you willing to donate of your own money to this clean up operation?

You clearly feel strongly about this and you say you think some things are more important than money. But do you believe it really? Talk is cheap.

How many dollars have you personally spent on this so far?

My bet is precisely none. But I welcome any correction you care to make.

I expect the company that drilled the well are making a loss on the insurance. The only people who make a profit on insurance are insurance companies and insurance fraudsters.

I take onboard your points about BP doing all the regulation for this kind of job. I think they are well made. Unfortunately they have a global monopoly on this sort of drilling operation. No one else has the expertise to assess the safety. Neither do they operate within normal national boundaries. No one government can regulate them.

Mostly, people are just so pleased to have them come to their country and drill the wells the other companies can't reach....to unlock all that lovely taxable resource that people haven't been watching them that closely I expect.

Edited by Baff1

You might want to research your facts about the insurance policy that the oil rig owner has before you make opinions about its profitability. ;)

Oil rig owner has made $270 million off the oil leak

Transocean Ltd., the owner of the Deepwater Horizon rig leased by BP, has been flying under the radar in the mainstream blame game. The world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, the company is conveniently headquartered in corporate-friendly Switzerland, and it’s no stranger to oil disasters. In 1979, an oil well it was drilling in the very same Gulf of Mexico ignited, sending the drill platform into the sea and causing one of the largest oil spills by the time it was capped… nine months later.

This experience undoubtedly influenced Transocean’s decision to insure the Deepwater Horizon rig for about twice what it was worth. In a conference call to analysts earlier this month, Transocean reported making a $270 million profit from insurance payouts after the disaster. It’s not hard to bet on failure when you know it’s somewhat assured.

-Ziggy-;1639632']You might want to research your facts about the insurance policy that the oil rig owner has before you make opinions about its profitability. ;)

You failed to mention that those "payouts" will be held or prevented by a court ordered injunction because there will be suits filed and citations given. If those payouts do make it to Transocean before the a court order is signed, I guarantee after the Summary Judgment (could be a year or years from now), that money will be tracked down and confiscated to be given to the party or parties that won the case - most likely the plaintiff(s).

So, good sir, you might want to live by your ethos: "research your facts."

They are doing stuff with a robot arm right now on the live feed.

EDIT: Well, i guess thats worlds most difficult to untie rope.

Edited by NeMeSiS

That's crazy shit. Circular saw?!

Seems like it. Before that he was pulling and twisting it around but i guess they came to the conclusion that that wasnt going to work.

That's crazy shit. Circular saw?!

CNN is reporting it's a diamond tipped saw. So basically a circular saw with diamonds in the blade.

Yeah, i'm not surprised they splashed out for a decent quality saw blade on such a high profile job. :p

Just surprised to see Robot Wars hacking away at 5,000ft down on the other side of the planet...

Growing larger and larger, sigh ...

:(:(:(

This is going to haunt us for long ass time.

maybe the 2012 crap is right after all

this isnt relevant but theres a massive sink hole in gautamala now after a storm. :eek:

this isnt relevant but theres a massive sink hole in gautamala now after a storm. :eek:

Not the first time.

Not the first time.

The Locust (from gears of war) THEY'RE REAL! :eek:

I hope BP's next attempt fixes this spill its already the worst man made disaster in History! :(

I noticed the market is betting that they won't be able to fix it at all.

That their will be no relief until the end of August.

the latest fix is a temporary relief that they say wont capture 100% of the leak. Sad that I am looking forward to a CHANCE that SOME of the leak is stopped... :thumbs-up:

Man this is just too bad. Current security measures are just not enough.

Mankind is just a lethal disease to our planet, we destroy everything we put our hands on and the worst is that we don't learn from our mistakes.

regards

Mankind is just a lethal disease to our planet, we destroy everything we put our hands on and the worst is that we don't learn from our mistakes.

regards

Its true, but are you prepared to give up this way of live and let the world population decline to medieval levels until technology is advanced enough to sustain our current way of live without destroying the earth? ;)

regards

Sad thing to is we have good technology right now, electric cars are good enough for a huge percent of the population.

Yet everyone bitches about its range and that they might need it once in a year to go on a trip.

Humans will pay for their habbits.

I always say Oil is the most obsolete form of energy we could possibly use. Im going to stick with it.

Clean this shit up BP and dont **** around about paying off all the people who are screwed over by this shit!