Sign in to follow this  
-DirTyDeeDs--Ziggy-

live stream of Gulf oil leak

Fox isnt news.

Its a political parade.

^ This.

All he did is summarize the 60 Minutes video. So please stop bowing to him as some god that brought rain to the drought plagued land.

How about less criticizing me and more on topic, eh?

and, well, EVERY news organization has an agenda. Fox happens to be one that doesnt put Obama and his policies on an altar as some god that brought rain to the drought plagued land.

:rolleyes:

Best way to describe Fox News is entertainment news. They are heavily right-wing bias, no matter what they might say.

I invite you to make your own thread to discuss Fox news and leave this one to stay more on topic, thanks.

the video stream has changed view. a new statement under the video can be seen, describing changes that may occur during the 'top kill' operation.

Throughout the extended top kill procedure – which may take up to two days to complete - very significant changes in the appearance of the flows at the seabed may be expected. These will not provide a reliable indicator of the overall progress, or success or failure, of the top kill operation as a whole. BP will report on the progress of the operation as appropriate and on its outcome when complete.
The "top kill" involves force-feeding heavy drilling mud and cement into the leak.

Update on Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Response

Release date: 26 May 2010

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?categoryId=2012968&contentId=7062409

v4YG7J-Ws6k

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Can't plug a leak on the ocean floor but you can watch it spew out from the comfort of your own home. Scary stuff.
Yea it's sad. Bad things happen when ya cut corners.

Simple maths, being the #1 user in the world of the fossil fuel means it was inevitable something like this would happen.

Now its just the maths of being the #1 provider of Nuclear Power that you have to avoid ;)

Its somehow fascinating watching those robots ... :D

Hurricane season begins on the 10th.

Do you all know that it's now drilling mud spewing out of there? they pumped it into it to stop the oil coming out, it was on the news last night. (in the UK)

Do you all know that it's now drilling mud spewing out of there? they pumped it into it to stop the oil coming out, it was on the news last night. (in the UK)

It was, until they stopped pumping it.

Robots are working again

Yes, thats the most interesting in my book.

Heres a reaction to the latest.

Barrack H Obama spending a measly 3 hours in the gulf of mexico and going on vacation back to Chicago this president is a gangster.

Vacations even the day after the bailout stimulas package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0YP0fMzn98&playnext_from=TL&videos=yUcOpVyCAAA&feature=sub

This isnt me, although I do think like him.

Heres a reaction to the latest.

Barrack H Obama spending a measly 3 hours in the gulf of mexico and going on vacation back to Chicago this president is a gangster.

What do you want him to do? Dive down to the leak and fix it? I'll admit that maybe staying around a bit longer or something would've been better but he can't really do much more. He can still talk to people from Chicago and maybe he has plans here (I live near Chicago) that revolve around his job.

What do you want him to do? Dive down to the leak and fix it? I'll admit that maybe staying around a bit longer or something would've been better but he can't really do much more. He can still talk to people from Chicago and maybe he has plans here (I live near Chicago) that revolve around his job.

It took him this long to get his arse down there and he stays for 3 hours, his trip to chicago isnt business.

Guy is a sleaze ball.

and for BP I want a congressional investigation, oils been spilling for how many days almost 30, do you know how much damage that will do to the eco system? any of you?

Wont be suprised if alot of our favorite sea food is gone.

BP needs to be shut down especially if this happened because they didnt take pre-cautions.

went fishing off the coast of florida not too long ago, thinking that soon that will all be covered in oil... I hope something works. If it doesn't i might not be able to go fishing :(

and it'll be all uhh err Flash Thunder's fault

What do you want him to do? Dive down to the leak and fix it?

Obama in his Speedo's!

If he does swim down there with a very large cork, he will have to wrestle that giant squid on the way.

Putin could do it.

He's a bystander in this.

The only people in the world with the assets to deal with this is BP.

However since Americans clearly want the companies destruction, perhaps they should just pack up and go home now. Why throw good money after bad?

It should not be lost on anyone that under the drilling agreement that BP signed, they are liable for no more than $74 million in damages.

They have already spent over a billion.

They could have just refused. Laid the blame squarely on the company that drilled the hole. They didn't.

Is America a place any foreign company can do business? The aftermath of this disaster will tell.

I think an above poster is right, although I expect the enviroment to show no visible signs of the oil spill in just a few short years, I fully expect mass extinctions among certain species however, with shellfish being top of my list. This is nothing short of a tragedy for so many of the people who live near by.

I think it's only fair to declare my personal intrests in BP. I am a shareholder. If America throws them out, I will buy more stock in the company. Just as I did to great profit when Russia nationalised them.

Edited by Baff1

Obama should be sending more people to the gulf to clean up. Anything he has done so far is NOT ENOUGH. US govt is relying on the BP contractors to do much of the work. The contractors for BP are not enough. Already they are trying to minimize the damage perceived by the public. Whats in BPs best interest doesnt exactly mirror the best interests of the people of the gulf states affected by this disaster. BP might not have drilled the hole, but they were surely 'minding the store' when it happened. They, and they alone are responsible for this disaster, and pretending otherwise is plain ignorant of the facts.

yes, technically the agreement they signed caps libility to 74 million or something, I'm not exactly familiar with the law. If they were to stick to that agreement and bail out before fixing the leak and making every effort possible to compensate the victims and clean up, the companys market share value will drop like a stone. Remember Union Carbide? The companys future depends on the actions it takes going forward.

If i were you, I would consider a different source of investment, because I'm not exactly impressed with the way BP has handled this situation, and I'm not convinced they will come out of this as a healthy, robust, and profitable company.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1638288']Obama should be sending more people to the gulf to clean up. Anything he has done so far is NOT ENOUGH.

It's not the tax payers problem to fix this Herculean task brought on by British Petroleum (BP). You do realize these guys have insurance, right? And they also have a plethora of third party companies to pick from that can help out from skimming the top of the water to collecting the oil on the water's surface to specialized well capping equipment. And this was reported by many media outlets, BP hasn't returned any calls that were made by these companies looking to help out.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

its in the us taxpayers best interest to clean up what is wrecked now, and to make every effort to prevent, as much as possible, more oil destroying shorelines.

I predict the cost of not acting now and relying on BP alone for this task will be far greater. :confused:

LOL at insurance companies. yeah because they always have our best interest at heart !

There are some National Guardsmen down there helping too I believe. I saw a picture of a bunch of them putting something into the water. Not sure what it was or if they are still down there though.

-Ziggy-;1638348']its in the us taxpayers best interest to clean up what is wrecked now' date=' and to make every effort to prevent, as much as possible, more oil destroying shorelines.

I predict the cost of not acting now and relying on BP alone for this task will be far greater. :confused:

LOL at insurance companies. yeah because they always have our best interest at heart ![/quote']

The insurance companies that fortune 500 companies use, and ones that engage in extremely dangerous environments (airlines, rail services, defense industry, etc..) are not the State Farms and GEICOs that mere mortals such as yourself and most of us that frequent this forum use.

In addition, when you say it's in the "tax payers" best interest, you are basically telling companies to further engage in extremely risky behavior. Because if something goes wrong, Uncle Sam will come and take care of the problem. So there is no need to have a contingency plan (plan B) that a company can call on when stuff happens.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Look Hans, Obama intends to bill BP for service the govt is providing in this operation, why not be proactive about it and send the whole national guard or something to protect what hasnt been damaged yet.

Besides, the amount Obama has spent thus far in his presidency, whats another billion, aint gonna make that much of a difference... :j: