Sign in to follow this  
Azamato

What do you guys play ?

Yo,

ArmA 2 player but only single player, and want to join the MP since its the most fun thing in ArmA 2 they say.

But the Mp servers on the game itself suck?.. I always join one then I'm always alone and things like that dont know what to do. So question is what do you guys actually do on ArmA 2 MP ?

what do you guys actually do on ArmA 2 MP ?

Join a squad/clan/tournament and wonder why we ever played single player! :D

Can't really recommend just going on public MP games and hoping for the best. You might get lucky and find a good server with good missions and good players, but it's pot luck.

What do you most get a kick out of in single player?

Big (of smaller) battles while being just a soldier and not the leader. No special ops things :p

Can you help me find a squad?

Go to this page and browse:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

There is bound to be a group that appeals to your kind of gameplay and timezone.

Actually I think there are several groups that have game nights tonight, so if you're quick you might get into the action today already.

Good luck with the MP gaming, matey!

I've basically given up multiplayer lately and mostly do singleplayer editor stuff. There are a lot of immersive stuff you can do in singleplayer that you can't really afford to do in multiplayer, mission wise. And I can freely choose what addons I use or play with.

Multiplayer for me, lately, has been:

1) You don't have the addon needed.

2) Mostly servers populated with 1 or 2 players.

3) For those that have plenty people, they play missions I don't like. Or rather, I like the mission, just not how it is typically played.

4) Not allowed to use my favorite addons.

5) In some cases, not allowed to use any addons at all.

6) Too often, server difficulty settings doesn't match what I'm looking for.

7) In 95% of the public gameplay, teamplay is completely nonexistent.

8) Servers not being able to run complex missions, resulting in lag hell.

9) Still too many immature players who play rambo style and use any mission exploit they can find.

So, for me, the public MP scene has died. I'm still enjoying some closed games though, every now and then. So my best advice is to join someone for a more realistic and teamplay oriented gameplay than what you'll find in the "havoc-esce" public arena.

So my best advice is to join someone for a more realistic and teamplay oriented gameplay than what you'll find in the "havoc-esce" public arena.

This!!!

Can't really recommend just going on public MP games and hoping for the best. You might get lucky and find a good server with good missions and good players, but it's pot luck.

Its the only way;)

(...) You might get lucky and find a good server with good missions and good players, but it's pot luck.(...)

It's no luck - it has a name: Armacalypse :D

AAS all the way, Team versus Team, real humans, no AI, tactics, teamplay, fun.

Edited by qwertz

Big time contraints make me a pure public MP whore.

Little time makes me go vanilla mostly

I'll go first and foremost for the open AAS server of the moment. Pure PvP mode with more gameplay thought than Berzerk and more enjoyable to me.

If none available, next option will be a Warfare game. Unfortunately too long games, but I can have a bit of good time on these, trying various things.

It's no luck - it has a name: Armacalypse :D

AAS all the way, Team versus Team, real humans, no AI, tactics, teamplay, fun.

yeah i'm going to try it it seems nice

yeah i'm going to try it it seems nice

The Armacalypse server does not exist anymore.

I currently don't play the game too much. I prefer c&h / a&s, but all of the truely talented tvt map makers don't make maps for the game anymore. All's that's left, are "junkyard" style a&s maps cluttered with random objects and wasteland. Wasteland isn't half bad I guess.

regards,

***1cem@n***

Edited by Iceman77