Sign in to follow this  
Agelesslink

Question about Steam

And if you want to try CoD MW2 you can to that for free this weekend.

But please, for the sake of your mental health, resist the temptation! :butbut:

Unfortunately yes. If you go to the Steam store page for Splinter Cell Conviction it says it uses Ubi's new DRM.

Great..

Not that I care about the mentioned game much, but if other companies go that kind of DRM way and actually produce a game worth buying I guess it has to be left un-bought then.. :(

I found it for 7.02 Euro's Delivered @ Play.com

The one linked above works out closer to 8.

Neither of the "complete editions" I looked at were the ones with Colonization included.

I'm sure you will be able to match these prices using your local version of Amazon or whatever.

I wasn't attemping to find you a better deal but only to reinforce my earlier assertion that Steam isn't comparatively cheap.

Being a former 56K person I'll never endorse steam/valve. Even though I use high speed now. I'm still bugged with the way steam updates bit by bit, instead of DLing a file then updating the game...amongst other gripes.

The recent bullshit valve is pulling by yanking mod support from games like TF2 is another point against them.

read about it here

https://secure.voogru.com/petition/index.php

don't like steam is problematic :mad:

User error.

I love Steam. They actually take user feedback seriously. I love how I can download my games onto another computer, chat with friends, view what games they have, community (sort of Myspace layout), forums, awesome deals, Gabe Newell - GOD -, and a laundry list of other great things I can't remember at the top of my head.

STEAM just introduced quite interesting solution for multi OS gaming named STEAMPLAY, it allows you buy game on MAC and play also on Windows i assume when Linux client is released it would work same and so on for other platforms ...

as long as the game publisher / developer allows ...

Say what you want about Steam and Valve, but porting the Source engine to Linux is going to do wonders for people taking Linux seriously as a mainstream platform.

Say what you want about Steam and Valve, but porting the Source engine to Linux is going to do wonders for people taking Linux seriously as a mainstream platform.

Source doesnt cut it anymore, its years behind the curve :confused: .

You can currently download Portal via steam for nothing :)

The Source engine for Linux isn't really interesting, the fact that Valve games might one day be natively playable on Linux is.

And the fact that the entire Steam platform will be available even more.

Source doesnt cut it anymore, its years behind the curve :confused: .

LMFAO So then if Steam is behind the times, then what other program out there is better? Oh, wait, there isn't.

Source, matey it's the game engine used in Half life 2 and Left 4 Dead and Portal etc.

Steam is the online shop and game service.

Well. I had to format my pc two weeks ago.

After I got my XP back and updated, I installed steam again.

It automatically fetched all my games back installing and updating them. Now that is a blessing after spending ½ day reinstalling windows first. (Don't have A2 on steam though)

My only negative aspect on steam is that it sometimes dismisses an achievement got from L4D games... but that might be game related issue.

Yay Steam!!