Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

Just started the Updater today (March 31st around 11pm GMT) and started getting all kinds of weird error messages, it tried to self-update but couldn't, it tried to sync with the SU Portal and couldn't (Errno::ECONNREFUSED (Errno::ECONNREFUSED) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.. See log for details.) I tried going on six-updater.net and couldn't get on, so I'm assuming your server is down and I'll try again later. If it isn't, I can post the log if you're sure the problem is on my end.

There was a technical issue at the provider, the issue has been resolved.

I'm having some problems with six updater. I have ARMA 2 OA. When I launch six updater and select combined ops, all the stuff I just updated/ downloaded is all vanilla ARMA 2 stuff? Why is this happening?

I'm having some problems with six updater. I have ARMA 2 OA. When I launch six updater and select combined ops, all the stuff I just updated/ downloaded is all vanilla ARMA 2 stuff? Why is this happening?
Please make sure you run the latest version http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!

Miss this program since I got the Syncing Families crash with the gui.

Had the problem for months.Every other program on my PC works fine.

Getting setup extractor error with the latest dev version.

Edited by Smasha66

I put in a ticket 12 days ago.
The cross posting with different nicknames does not make it easier to track :D

Please update the ticket with details about the setup extraction failure and the repro steps - which file did you download exactly, or do you mean the auto-self-updater comes with an extraction error?

In the meantime i'll check the log file again and see if it contains anything useful to pinpoint the issue and resolve if needed on SU side.

I've updated the ticket in the meantime; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30084#note-1

Edited by Sickboy

Like for example I want to get rid of CBA_OA ans CBA_A2 out of my download list. How do I do that? When I click on A2 O.A ACE then A2 OA combined ops this is my download list

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_RU

@ACE_SM

@ACEX_USNavy

@CBA

@CBA_A2

@CBA_OA

I have the new version and it's trying to force me to to get those two CBA's that I don't need.I at least want to remove it from the list.

Ok. I'll try it out. See what happens.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Just gave me this error message.

Include file x/cba/addons/ui_helper/script/dikCodes.hpp not found.

Somehow you're not starting the game with @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA all three updated and loaded.

SU should be version 2.9.5pre30 or newer

hey since a certain time i'm getting this error message when updating the six updater. i cannot even uninstall it as the same erros appears. all the time. i'm using win7.

unbenanntse.jpg

hey since a certain time i'm getting this error message when updating the six updater. i cannot even uninstall it as the same erros appears. all the time. i'm using win7.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7986/unbenanntse.jpg

Hi, could you please verify if the mentioned AppData\Local\Temp folder exists?

If it does, please clear all 7zipSfx and other Six Updater related folders, and try again.

If still issues, please confirm the user has full access on the Temp folder.

7ZipSfx.000 doesnt exist, but there is 7ZipSfx.001 and 7ZipSfx.002.

ps: C disk is not full.

I have updated @CBA but I am getting this file cannot be found? cba_ui_helper

Ah, ok didn't have to do that before no problem works fine now! Thanks

Just a brief post - recently my anti virus app (AVG) has been reporting SixUpdaterCheck.exe as being host to Trojan Horse Generic28.exb. Is this a false positive and safe to ignore?

Just a brief post - recently my anti virus app (AVG) has been reporting SixUpdaterCheck.exe as being host to Trojan Horse Generic28.exb. Is this a false positive and safe to ignore?

Ouch, yes it should be a false positive unless it got infected locally.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28066

I will try harder to figure out what behavior to change to work around this issue - probably the nature of the tool - downloading setup files and executing them to update the software is the problem.

Interesting enough since recent versions the same functionality is provided to the main SU program, through Six.SelfUpdater.dll.

That actually makes the SixUpdateCheck optional - just a fallback in case the main application doesn't start anymore, or if you don't want to start the main program but just want to check for an update.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Don't know why AVG should suddenly take a dislike to it though :)

So... does your answer mean that SixUpdaterCheck.exe is not needed on my system? Can I lose it and have the functionality supplied by the main SU?

Hi all. is this tool still active and still updates all the latest mods? Does it include the DayZ mod?

Sorry for the dumb questions. i have not played Arma 2 for a while and looking to get back to it using this superb tool i used a year ago which allowed me to sync, search and download all the arma 2 mods

Yes Yes Yes. Not dumb questions, just questions you can easily answer yourself by visiting the SU Portal, or installing the soft :D

Enjoy jonney!