Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

Currently the right click menu contains operations on the selected records - not sure it should contain datagrid actions too - but will look into it.

Perhaps right clicking in the datagrids outside the cells?

Yeah - my natural reaction is to right-click on the tab itself and not on the grid.

In the mean time im happy to announce the stable release of Six Updater 2.3!

Downloadable at: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater

For a history of changes please review http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Updater_2_3_Release_candidate

Already prepared the first new feature of 2.4; Internationalization!

Currently planned languages include: Russian, German, French, with hopefully more to follow.

Available for testing in coming weeks, but short break first :)

And the first dev-build of Six Updater 2.4 has gone live!

Available for your testing through auto-self-update.

Also available as pre-beta setup @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

SU 2.4 Image album

• Internationalization / Localization support, configure language in the Options. preliminary German and Russian translations included
  • Aborting the updater will now terminate all updater child processes and children of children, etc. etc.
  • Bunch of internal improvements re zsync downloads and now able to resume broken-off downloads emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif
  • Bunch of improvements to repobuilding
  • Split Ironruby initialization code to a shared assembly
  • Local mods datagrid removed - simply a dropdown menu at the Edit Tools -> Preset now.
  • Improved local mods detection, especially when concerning subfoldered mods
  • Mirrors, GameProfiles and Presets datagrids have been hidden from default view, only visible when enabled "Advanced" mode.
  • Added mini-server monitor to the server info-bar in server browser
  • Basic mod name aliasing: currently @duala -> @isla_duala and @fallujah1_1 -> @fallujah supported.
  • Majorly improved behaviour when changing a cell value in a datagrid, very quick now.
  • CustomRepos tab hidden unless a custom repos is available

Edited by Sickboy

Of course! Added!

Ooh! You are a Jet-boy! :D

What a pleasure to see such a kind and fast response, you are giving. Thank you very much!

when ftp'ing with the six to my new windows server it seems to get stuck. could it be because of the space in the folder name?

worked fine when i did to my linux server

13:44:53: Processing @ACE
13:44:53: Uploading @ACE to ftp://username:password@ipaddress/arma port 2322/@ace

also i have to force it shut. should also point out the mods are already there on the server

Spaces should be fine, as long as you have kept the software up2date through auto-self-update (currently @ 2.4dev).

Could be a matter of passive vs active mode, SSL options etc, hard to tell.

FTP upload support is somewhat limited currently, planning to improve that in the near future.

What FTP daemon do you use on the Windows server? Personally I use gene6 FTP server while testing.

Is the windows server located in your local network, or elsewhere? If local - perhaps you could add a network drive to a network share on your server and then use that network drive path in the Remote Folder field.

nope its not local, it's a slot server with alpha-networks.

i'll add a support ticket to them see if they can fix it at there end

Text-based progress report during "Processing changes" (aka downloading, unpacking and summing of changes) enhanced!

It now includes total speed (all threads combined), and speed, progress and ETA per thread!

Example output:

45.28% 6.44 mB/s (24/53) 00:01:03.39 4 Active: addons/acex_usnavy_sys_crewprotection.pbo.acex_usnavy_b48.bisign.gz (100.0% 372.07 kB/s 0:00:00), license.txt.gz (100.0% 5.82 mB/s 0:00:00), addons/acex_usnavy_t_veh_ah1.pbo.gz (55.0% 136.49 kB/s 0:00:40), addons/acex_usnavy_missions.pbo.gz (43.0% 129.79 kB/s 0:01:17)

Available already through auto-self-update.

Only few things left to handle before switching to a fully graphical (UI) representation of the progress.

It will probably show a datagrid listing the current files that are being processed, progress bars etc.

SU 2.4 is on schedule!

Edited by Sickboy

HI, i have a question about six updater.

to my understanding, with the latest version, you can now browse arma 2 game servers and automatically download the appropriate mod that the server uses and automatically launch and join the server?

if im correct then in the latter of what i have just stated, how do you launch arma 2 and join the game server i have selected from the server browser tab?

When i right click a specific server, i get options to:

use server

select server

update server info

new present with server

new present from server

delete server.

In other words, is there an option for "join/play server" ?

After clicking either: Use server, select server or new preset with server (depending on your wishes/needs), click on the bottom of the "Run Updater" button and select "Install or Update and join server".

I will add the option for directly joining the server from the right click menu soon.

cool ok i wil try that. another question. what does this mean?

14:50:36: Missing (or disabled) mods: baf, @peca_ip

whene ever i press "select server" i get that error

It's not an error but a warning. It says the server runs BAF expansion, and @peca_ip mod, while you don't have them, nor does the updater network contain them.

Which basically means either obtain them (manually) or skip the server ;)

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

I will add the option for directly joining the server from the right click menu soon.
Implemented, please restart the software. Edited by Sickboy

It's not an error but a warning. It says the server runs BAF expansion, and @peca_ip mod, while you don't have them, nor does the updater network contain them.

Which basically means either obtain them (manually) or skip the server ;)

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Implemented, please restart the software.

restart software? wow that quick? lol

restart software? wow that quick? lol
:yay: That's me and my projects for ya ;)

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Text-based progress report during "Processing changes" (aka downloading, unpacking and summing of changes) enhanced!

It now includes total speed (all threads combined), and speed, progress and ETA per thread!

Example output:

45.28% 6.44 mB/s (24/53) 00:01:03.39 4 Active: addons/acex_usnavy_sys_crewprotection.pbo.acex_usnavy_b48.bisign.gz (100.0% 372.07 kB/s 0:00:00), license.txt.gz (100.0% 5.82 mB/s 0:00:00), addons/acex_usnavy_t_veh_ah1.pbo.gz (55.0% 136.49 kB/s 0:00:40), addons/acex_usnavy_missions.pbo.gz (43.0% 129.79 kB/s 0:01:17)

Available already through auto-self-update.

Only few things left to handle before switching to a fully graphical (UI) representation of the progress.

It will probably show a datagrid listing the current files that are being processed, progress bars etc.

SU 2.4 is on schedule!

This has now been further enhanced and extended to all multi-threaded rSync/zSync operations, incl fetching missions.

what programming language was used to develop it?
Initially all apps and libraries were written in Ruby (MRI), as part of my interest in both programming and the Ruby programming language (dynamic, object orientated, focus on simplicity and productivity).

As of Six Updater 2.x, it is written in IronRuby, which is Ruby on the .NET platform. Parts are also in native C# (bootstrap mostly).

The GUI is WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) based.

IronRuby is under development and by some still considered experimental, which together with some design choices and me being spread fairly thin, explains somewhat slow behaviour and high memory usage.

Which will be improved in time by ongoing IronRuby development, as well as my experience with both IronRuby and C#/.NET.

(In case you were wondering ;P)

Edited by Sickboy

reason i ask is because i am a professional Java developer. I thought ruby is very outdated and many now use PHP/ASP.net?

reason i ask is because i am a professional Java developer. I thought ruby is very outdated and many now use PHP/ASP.net?
Nah don't let them fool ya :) Everyone obviously have their preferences, and I am biased as well, but IMO Ruby's primary web framework (versus PHP/ASP.net etc), is great, and very up2date :) Scalability and speed is perhaps a downside (fully dependent on needs), while work in both the interpreter/VM (1.9, rubinius, jRuby and IronRuby) and Rails over the years has improved it. Enterprise readyness is another such topic.

http://rubyonrails.org/.

Ruby also has many (desktop) GUI frameworks, but I personally didn't feel comfortable with any of them.

Since switching to IronRuby, i'm also starting to appreciate C# / .NET a lot.

I'm very glad to have switched to this Ruby flavour, because it gives me access to the full .NET framework (which ASP.NET is a sub-set of), while still programming in my favorite language (Ruby).

There's also jRuby, which is Ruby on the Java platform. Just my interest weighed towards C# / .NET.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi, i have come across a strange issue updating ACE.

everytime i try to update ACE, it says that i have it marked as "skip"

full details below:

= @ACEX

Current Version: 330

Already installed, trying to update...

Mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. Skipping...

= @ACE

Current Version: 484

Userconfig folder already exists, checking for new files only

= @ACEX

Current Version: 330

You have the latest versions already.

The colors (green) and status should show this. If you hover over the mods in the Treeview on the left, their status is further detailed in tooltip.

ahh ok but when i joined a server it says my ace is not up to date though?
Perhaps it's the other way around, server not up2date?

But if you wanna be sure, run the "Reset" action at Run Updater.

ahh ok but when i joined a server it says my ace is not up to date though?

Yeah - if you join a server that has an older version of ACE, it says that YOUR version is not up to date. Now that ACE2 is in dev support cycle this should happen less as server owners don't have to update so regularly.