Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

some pics of wip baghdad.

ebanks has done a very good job with the map, some neighborhoods have been reworked, added , etc. Here are some shots of some of the reworked neighborhoods.

GuoEi.jpg

Gur8r.jpg

Heh, sorry about the low lods.

GutDA.jpg

Plenty of roadblocks to give you trouble!

Guw7J.jpg

A market area near the tip of the city

GuyCS.jpg

Some stuff near the market,

GuB70.jpg

erm, palace thing :D

GuDC9.jpg

GuG6i.jpg

i hope you guys are excited as I was/am :D

it's around the same as the vanilla, but in one of the OA objects areas there is a very 'laggy' market but I think Ebanks is aware of it.

need to bug him about replacing and adding mosques + those laggy minarets (1 res lod, i think..)

about the same. I didnt notice any drop :)

Lol will look into the mosques and checking out the lag market.

can't wait for the update give it to me now or i will include you in to my signature :P

ehhhm on a otherhand what would i do with it right now ? as you are still working on it ? damn al those confusing toughts while i am at work (maybe i will hear voices in my head tomorrow)

(for people who don't get what i am saying its says great work !!! and i am eagerly awaiting the update so i can love the city even more)

Something small. I'll call it a mini update

http://www.multiupload.com/X244JOFAL3

i will check this out as soon as i finish my arrest report and after download is finished :) i knew my signature would work :P

edit : i cheked it out and as you said its a very small update but continue this way and before you know it it will look and FEEL like a realy big city (the OA houses strangly do fit very wel in this map and fills out those big gaps at certain places)

good job keep up the good work and can't wait for the next update :)

how are the other projects going especialy the Kunar Province ? it also looks very very well

i have been looking around the map and i got an small idea for you

how about a shady neighborhood with very small dirty streets with most of the OA shops and market stalls (something like bakara market) where people deal in all sorts of stuff (legal and illegal)

Edited by supergruntsb78
tried the map :) and watch the pics of the other projects and got an idea

I've tested this map since its betas, but now that it's getting closer to how it should look - some critique:

a) many estates have only 1 entrance/exit through walls (mostly the ones in blocks where buildings are in two rows). This forces the player to only use roads to move across the city. This should be fixed. Either make the hole in those inner walls or remove some altogether.

b) some districts are the exactly same building model copy-pasted all too many times - this in contrast with really great districts (like those where buildings don't repeat) look very very awkward

c) still many empty spaces - sometimes 500 m without any buildings. But I take it you will fill this with something later

Some recommendations:

a) I think you need to mix older districts with OA buildings now that you can

b) some more bushes would be nice to have or detail in general - like gates or something. Otherwise looks too copy-pasted, too artificial

c) would be nice to have a more varied ground texture

But some places on this map really do look great, like a real city. Actually those districts I mentioned give me a Tonal vibe. I really miss the map of such quality from OFP. I will certainly enjoy having missions on this map when it will be finished

Edited by metalcraze

Do we need to delete Baghdad objects.pbo and Baghdad.bisign's? All the Armaholic link had is Baghdad.pbo.

no, it needs to stay. mirrors need to be informed of this,

I've tested this map since its betas, but now that it's getting closer to how it should look - some critique:

a) many estates have only 1 entrance/exit through walls (mostly the ones in blocks where buildings are in two rows). This forces the player to only use roads to move across the city. This should be fixed. Either make the hole in those inner walls or remove some altogether.

b) some districts are the exactly same building model copy-pasted all too many times - this in contrast with really great districts (like those where buildings don't repeat) look very very awkward

c) still many empty spaces - sometimes 500 m without any buildings. But I take it you will fill this with something later

Some recommendations:

a) I think you need to mix older districts with OA buildings now that you can

b) some more bushes would be nice to have or detail in general - like gates or something. Otherwise looks too copy-pasted, too artificial

c) would be nice to have a more varied ground texture

But some places on this map really do look great, like a real city. Actually those districts I mentioned give me a Tonal vibe. I really miss the map of such quality from OFP. I will certainly enjoy having missions on this map when it will be finished

+1

i complety agree with the above

Looks like archive at armaholic is broken, there is only baghdad.pbo, and it fails at 98% unpack. downloaded from both mirrors, and also from rapidshare. strange.

Looks like archive at armaholic is broken, there is only baghdad.pbo, and it fails at 98% unpack. downloaded from both mirrors, and also from rapidshare. strange.

downloaded it from both sites yesterday and all worked without problems.

ps baghdad.pbo is te only file as its the only one updated

Please be aware it might be awhile before I get back to this map. It wasn't really my intention to take on the full load of it. But I did it for you guys to keep making small updates slowly.

baghdad.pbo is te only file as its the only one updated

ok. I found correct archive at another rapidshare mirror.

There to download full version? Here: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=83012 ?

Also i see another small updates before 1.2, and there is baghdad_obj been updated too. So, there is no cumulative update? I need to download all updates? And also, bisign not updated in 1.2? (%

upd: downloaded full version, and patched with 1.2. Got error from avgani village (requires CAPlants, strange, i have CO), and error from baghdad map in editor: "Cannot open object baghdad_obj/cluttercutter.p3d". Also got strange bugs on map, airfield runway on incorrect place and some black buildings: png

And also, in-game error: "Cannot load texture ca\misc\data\klabosnice.pac."

Edited by Dominges

do you run the CAA1 project ? its needed for afghani village and with that also for this island (the CA addons indicate ARMA 1 = CAA 1 project as its the conversion of arma 1 buildings and stuff to arma 2)

the black buildings are the icons used by afghani city and village and does'nt mean a lot as the building still show normaly (its the same with afghani / afghani village / Sekakah al Jawf)

please dont forget thisa island is still being worked on and some stuff needs to get done (like airfields etc.)

Edited by supergruntsb78

do you run the CAA1 project?

Looks like my fault. Will test with CAA1. Thanks.

And yea, i'm understand that the project still WIP, and not all things finished

upd: tested with CAA1. "Cannot open object baghdad_obj/cluttercutter.p3d" error is still present, and black buildings on map too.

Edited by Dominges

Looks like my fault. Will test with CAA1. Thanks.

And yea, i'm understand that the project still WIP, and not all things finished

upd: tested with CAA1. "Cannot open object baghdad_obj/cluttercutter.p3d" error is still present, and black buildings on map too.

strange on the error did you instal baghdad version 1 (it looks like the baghdad_obj.pbo is missing) first and updated the baghdad.pbo file or did you only install the baghdad.pbo ?

the black buildings on map is normal and is not a problem it has to do with the OPX buildings pbo and is also present on afghani (at least with me)

supergruntsb78, i installed full (maybe full) 258 mb version from http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=83012, and then updated baghdad.pbo from latest mini-update: http://www.multiupload.com/X244JOFAL3

i think, i missed another old mini-update with baghdad_obj.pbo updated too.

Edited by Dominges