Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Dead loser #8,886

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After playing the game for 36 hours straight, he had a psychotic break because of sleep deprivation, Parker said.

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm. I've gone much longer than 36 hours without sleep and I never even got close to having a mental breakdown.

*drooling and talking to dead relatives because he has been at work for 12 hours*

*sigh* Kids at school can treat others VERY badly. Over the course of my school years I was bullied, spit on, punched, kicked and so on. It mad me mad, depressed, even hated the though of going to school.

But I'm sorry, that is still no excuse to kill people. Maybe bust some heads, but not kill.

If those kids had have gotten some of the kids who picked on them and given them a damn good beating with a baseball bat, I would have laughed and said "well done". If they had have taken a crap in their lockers, same. If they had have torched one of their cars in the parking lot, hell yeah.

But you don't kill people. There are very few justifications to kill, in defense of your own life etc. Being picked on doesn't give you the right to kill. Fight back, by all means, but you cannot be justified in killing.

And I agree with you, the "ignore them and it'll go away" philiosphy doesn't work. I tried that, and it never worked. Finally one day I snapped, grabbed one of my tormentors, and slammed his head a few times in a locker door. After that, he and his buddies left me alone. Do you see my point: you have every justification to fight back, but not with lethal force. And what does it get you: best case - a few years in prison (and if you think you treated rough at school, wait until you try prison, at least at school you won't get raped on a regular basis), worst case - death penalty (or sticking your own gun in your mouth). Is killing some asshole bullies really worth that?

you're right, fubar, it doesnt give you the right to kill. But doing so would have made me feel a hell of a lot better if there were no consequences to follow. Hence my taste in gaming.

Uck, what an ugly topic this has turned out to be. Lets not continue this one, heh.

I think its interesting.. how some people can manage to justify a life of bitterness, cruelness, beating their wives, children.. or even suicide just because they were picked on in school.... many many many years prior...

was I popular? no, was I picked on alot? no.. I was just kinda there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 16 2002,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think its interesting.. how some people can manage to justify a life of bitterness, cruelness, beating their wives, children.. or even suicide just because they were picked on in school.... many many many years prior...

was I popular? no, was I picked on alot? no.. I was just kinda there.<span id='postcolor'>

little word of advice, my............infant-who-looks-like-hes had-enough-lemon looking friend:

I'm not cruel. I'm nice to people when they're nice to me. But liking my solitude does not make me cruel.

I would never beat my wife (not just because i dont want to marry), i happen to love and cherrish women, no matter how crazy they make me.

I would never beat my children either. I would try my dammedest to make their lives better than mine was at their age.

And last but most certainly not least, i would never commit suicide over this. I dont know what it feels like to want to die. I thought i did, but i really dont. I know what it feels like to have everyone BUT you want you out of the picture.

So try not to pass judgement on people just because they had a different situation than you did, thats beyond your comprehension.

confused.gif This would probably be a good moment to ask the question - protection or whitening which is the better toothpaste? confused.gif

confused.gif But I worry that my pearlies just don't look like Tom Cruises? confused.gif

Tom Cruises are computer enhanced. Its fake, man. Embrace nature.

little word of advice, my............infant-who-looks-like-hes had-enough-lemon looking friend:

I'm not cruel. I'm nice to people when they're nice to me. But liking my solitude does not make me cruel.

I would never beat my wife (not just because i dont want to marry), i happen to love and cherrish women, no matter how crazy they make me.

I would never beat my children either. I would try my dammedest to make their lives better than mine was at their age.

And last but most certainly not least, i would never commit suicide over this. I dont know what it feels like to want to die. I thought i did, but i really dont. I know what it feels like to have everyone BUT you want you out of the picture.

So try not to pass judgement on people just because they had a different situation than you did, thats beyond your comprehension.

wasnt talking about you.. though interesting you thought that.. I was referring to the countless hundreds of people i have seen who DO act that way.. or actually the people who stand up for them.. "johnny beat his wife and raped his kids because a bully picked on him 25 years ago when he was 8"

horseshit.

Hey you guys think you had it tough, I used to do a saturday job at Willy Wonker's factory and was regularly beaten by Oompah Loompahs. Imagine my mental torment at being chased by weird little orange dudes who'd be singing "oompah loompah dibdy doo we've got a real shit kicking for you"

This is just like the discussions about roleplaying games during the 80's. Some mentally challenged kid kills himself and whatever hobby he had gets the blaim.

Its easy for parents, friends and others to shift blaim when in fact its more their own fault than anyone else. If a friend or family member feels bad its your responsibility to help them. Its not some gaming companies job. Computer games can be abused like anything else. This will blow over, just like the roleplaying game incidents did.

Longinius, I remeber that particualr media witchhunt well, I was an avid AD&D player at that time.

Hmm, AD&D, heavy metal, computer games...why is it that everything I have been into gets associated with antisocial/suicidal behaviour? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heckler @ April 16 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey you guys think you had it tough, I used to do a saturday job at Willy Wonker's factory and was regularly beaten by Oompah Loompahs.  Imagine my mental torment at being chased by weird little orange dudes who'd be singing "oompah loompah dibdy doo we've got a real shit kicking for you"<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!!! Where the hell have you been, Heckler?

Major Fubar, maybe you should take up some more "social" hobbies, like sports, excercise etc, ...

The reason most of those hobbies are considered for anti social people is because they ARE meant for antisocial people.

Or just the people who embrace them too much.

Baseball and football are not antisocial hobbies, neither is rockclimbing, or scuba diving, swimming, or surfing or skiing. Try one of them instead.

They are also very healthy both for your body and your mind, unlike things like D&D, too much heavy metal, comp games, etc etc which only seem to make people into sicko's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 16 2002,05:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the way the familys of victims fealt is merely one side of the story.....

well.. i guess you must ask which side matters most.. the story of the innocent people killed?.. which is basically "oh shit ive been shot" or you can look at how the killers try to justify in their own twisted minds how its is just that they murder lots of kids because THEY are not happy?  which is more valid? which is better?

as far as I care the story of the killers should be zzzzaaaappp!<span id='postcolor'>

Only read up to about wobbles post but the situation would have been better if they just capped the assholes and leftthe bystanders out the way but seeing as i dont know as much as possible about the situation ill keep it at that.

lol no offense IceFire but peopel do things and take up hobbies for fun, not because they are classed by others as "social".

People like D+D and Heave Metal and computer games. In fact i know loads of people that like these things and are incredibly sociable and popular (not necessarily all three things)

Whereas I have also known people that play sport that were basically unsociable assholes that think they are the best and usually dont work as a team.

Its really wrong to classify different hobbies as sociable or anti sociable, because it just does not work like that at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Major Fubar, maybe you should take up some more "social" hobbies, like sports, excercise etc,  ...

The reason most of those hobbies are considered for anti social people is because they ARE meant for antisocial people.

Or just the people who embrace them too much.

Baseball and football are not antisocial hobbies, neither is rockclimbing, or scuba diving, swimming, or surfing or skiing.    Try one of them instead.<span id='postcolor'>

Just curious as to why you would assume I play no sports? Because I didn't specifically mention that I do....have you pigeon-holed me because of the interests I have listed?

As for anti-social, well, I used to go with friends to see local heavy metal bands, I used to have a great time playing D&D with a large group of friends (having a few beers too), and often take part in LAN parties at friends places...just wondering how that makes them anti-social activities?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They are also very healthy both for your body and your mind, unlike things like D&D, too much heavy metal, comp games, etc etc which only seem to make people into sicko's. <span id='postcolor'>

Nice too see the media propaganda has gotten through to the more impressionable members of society. smile.gif

Sports are all fine and well, but I don't see how they are any more social than the hobbies I listed.

If I were to pigeon hole you because of the interests you listed, I would assume you were a "jock" who picked on people with more academic hobbies, calling them "nerds", whose grades were rather low because you concentrated on sports (I don't really believe this, but just making a point).

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Baseball and football are not antisocial hobbies, neither is rockclimbing, or scuba diving, swimming, or surfing or skiing.    Try one of them instead.<span id='postcolor'>

I reckon that scuba diving is more antisocial than PC games

U're alone at about 30 metres deep with only water around you, nobody there to help if anything happens......

I know u suppose to dive in pairs, but its still pretty scary

And yes i did some scuba-diving 3 years ago

scuba is scary as hell.. but only because you have NO field of view.. no periperal vision.. always turn around making sure jaws inst about to kick ye ass.. I did it for 4 hours and probably didnt do much more than swim in circles.. it was fun.. in a creepy kinda way..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 17 2002,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Baseball and football are not antisocial hobbies, neither is rockclimbing, or scuba diving, swimming, or surfing or skiing.    Try one of them instead.<span id='postcolor'>

I reckon that scuba diving is more antisocial than PC games

U're alone at about 30 metres deep with only water around you, nobody there to help if anything happens......

I know u suppose to dive in pairs, but its still pretty scary

And yes i did some scuba-diving 3 years ago<span id='postcolor'>

Well guys I am into scuba Diving in march spent 5 days cruising the Barrier reef doing 3-4 dives a day with 20 other people had a ball never had any strife when diving. I don`t think it is anti social thats my thoughts but that is why i live in north queensland(Australia) Barrier reef one side Rain forest the other lifes tough.