Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Dead loser #8,886

"Major Fubar, maybe you should take up some more "social" hobbies, like sports, excercise etc,  ..."

It doesnt get much more social than roleplaying games.

"The reason most of those hobbies are considered for anti social people is because they ARE meant for antisocial people."

Wrong.

"Or just the people who embrace them too much."

Thats a totally other thing.

"Baseball and football are not antisocial hobbies, neither is rockclimbing, or scuba diving, swimming, or surfing or skiing.    Try one of them instead."

They are more antisocial than roleplaying since you do not communicate as much with others. Roleplaying games are based on social interaction, you cant do it alone. Unlike swimming, surfing, skiing and rock climbing.

"They are also very healthy both for your body and your mind, unlike things like D&D, too much heavy metal, comp games,  etc etc which only seem to make people into sicko's. "

Too much sporting make you sick aswell. Look at Mike Tyson. He is rabid, biting peoples ears off and shit. It must be the boxings fault. Ban boxing!! Cause it surely cant have to do with mr Tysons mental health...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 17 2002,06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">scuba is scary as hell.. but only because you have NO field of view.. no periperal vision.. always turn around making sure jaws inst about to kick ye ass.. I did it for 4 hours and probably didnt do much more than swim in circles.. it was fun.. in a creepy kinda way..<span id='postcolor'>

Scuba diving can be very lonely, especially if you are under water for a long time. It is not just the lack of human contact, but it is a complete audio/visual isolation from the normal world.

The most spooky thing I have seen was an anti-ship minefield (dating from ~1940 I would guess) with hundereds of spiked, spherical mines that were chained to the sea floor. Really creepy sight, and we have lots of them in the baltic sea. Those things look really evil.

They are more antisocial than roleplaying since you do not communicate as much with others.

if you think to sit in a dark room alone and command a fictional character in a fictional world and communicate (usually through type only) with people you never have nor never will meet.. is MORE social than going out with yer buddies and playing a game of ball.. well your on the fast track to being where our subject is..

even "solitary" sports are better than sitting on yer ass in a fucking dark room typing and clicking all day.. at least you get to visit the REAL world the one EVERYONE ELSE lives in..

maby exposure to the natural world created by god/evolution/whatever is a tad better than the world created by a handfull of nerds wanting to sell something... just maby..

"if you think to sit in a dark room alone and command a fictional character in a fictional world and communicate (usually through type only) with people you never have nor never will meet.. is MORE social than going out with yer buddies and playing a game of ball.. well your on the fast track to being where our subject is.."

You are talking about online roleplaying games. I am talking paper back games, played with real friends, in the flesh. Or live roleplaying games. That is just as social as any sport.

Online roleplaying games are not antisocial either, but ofcourse it can be abused. When I moved away to attend school I played online roleplaying games with my friends who lived back home long away. It was a way of keeping contact.

"even "solitary" sports are better than sitting on yer ass in a fucking dark room typing and clicking all day.. at least you get to visit the REAL world the one EVERYONE ELSE lives in.."

Have you ever played a paper back rpg?

"maby exposure to the natural world created by god/evolution/whatever is a tad better than the world created by a handfull of nerds wanting to sell something... just maby.. "

Yeah, cause damnit, its a crime to use your imagination and pretend stuff! Its better to chase a round ball around a court, it makes SO much more sense.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ April 17 2002,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have you ever played a paper back rpg?<span id='postcolor'>

I have. It's great training for your imagination and acting skills because you really have to get deep inside your characters mind. It would be great to record pen and paper rpg sessions to a tape and listen to them afterwards. Sometimes they have really good twists and turns in the plot.

And sometimes the dialogue and stupid actions really tells how weird you really are. smile.gif

Playing rpg is a fun way to spend some time with your friends.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 16 2002,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your life is only valuable insofar as you add value to it yourself. When this guy leads himself down that path of destruction, I cant feel any sympathy for him, because in my mind anyone who cant take charge of their lives and correct a problem so simple as disengaging from his computer now and then, is weak. Not necessarily physically weak or emotionally weak, but mentally weak. He lacks the willpower to better himself, and also shows a selfish streak by his failure to consider his Moms feelings, and thats a human that the world doesnt need.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, to bad we can't all be übermensch. The world needs purity. Let's get rid of the weak.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif sick, sick, sick

This sentiment has a certain flavor of je ne sais pas.

Oh yes, now I remember:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>T4</span>

Yes, to bad we can't all be übermensch. The world needs purity. Let's get rid of the weak.p

yes if their too fucking stupid to NOT play their coputer to the point that they have seizures (several)and then refuse help for their problem, quit their job to play their video game, refuse MORE help and then kill themseves.. yes the world is better off without them...  it wasnt suicide.. it was self imposed late term abortion.

he decided his life wasnt worth living, nobody else did it for him(probably the one thing someone DIDNT do for him).. so give the blithering idiot the one shred of respect he should ever get and respect his decision.

Yeah, cause damnit, its a crime to use your imagination and pretend stuff!

no.. but when you decide that you want to live in your pretend world ALL THE TIME. that is the problem..

nothing is wrong with drifting off now and then into "what if"/fantasy land.. none at all the problem is when you drift off and never come back..  

a fantasy world is a fine place to visit.. but you shouldent try to live there.

you know how many dead neighbors I would have if I did that? especally that bitch with the poodle.. ohh I stepped in dogshit again yesterday in my own dogless yard.. (real yard not fantasy yard)..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 18 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, to bad we can't all be übermensch. The world needs purity. Let's get rid of the weak.p

yes if their too fucking stupid to NOT play their coputer to the point that they have seizures (several)and then refuse help for their problem, quit their job to play their video game, refuse MORE help and then kill themseves.. yes the world is better off without them...  it wasnt suicide.. it was self imposed late term abortion.

he decided his life wasnt worth living, nobody else did it for him(probably the one thing someone DIDNT do for him).. so give the blithering idiot the one shred of respect he should ever get and respect his decision.

Yeah, cause damnit, its a crime to use your imagination and pretend stuff!

no.. but when you decide that you want to live in your pretend world ALL THE TIME. that is the problem..

nothing is wrong with drifting off now and then into "what if"/fantasy land.. none at all the problem is when you drift off and never come back..  

a fantasy world is a fine place to visit.. but you shouldent try to live there.

you know how many dead neighbors I would have if I did that? especally that bitch with the poodle.. ohh I stepped in dogshit again yesterday in my own dogless yard.. (real yard not fantasy yard)..<span id='postcolor'>

So what is your weakness?

I agree with both of you to a certain extent. The story reminds me of a Psycho-teenager here in Germany. He wasnt the most liked child in school, most student made fun of him (i mean look at his ears). So after a few years he isolated himself more and more, adapted his fathers hobby: guns, and loved to play computergames, the more brutal the better! During the time the Holocaust was discussed in school he fell in love with the Neo-Nazi idea. Of course a child like this freaks one day. One morning he called his friend and asked him to come over. When he arrived he shot him, then he shot his cat and a few people on the road. The final shot was for himself! Judge yourself°

fdcc7870.jpg