wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

I think he did it to save on disk space.

TBH though if ya play MP I am sure you will find many servers use ARMA2 content.

I am probably wrong as I never just run OA I use retail ARMA2 and OA and combine them.

I would remove some thing to insure I could all so install ARMA2 :P maybe some pron or some thing :P.

I've been playing <Scenarios--My Missions--New...> and I cannot figure out how to reply to headquarters when they radio new objectives to me.

What ends up happening is me and my squad receive the mission request; I don't know how to reply so we run towards the objective and before we reach it the mission gets reassigned.

I've been using the keyboard cheat-sheet that comes with the retail game and I can't find how to reply to HQ. It's frustrating.

Anyone had this issue and found their way through it? I can really use some help. Thank you.

I heard there was a prison somewhere on the Takistan map, but I was unable to find it. If a prison truely exists somewhere, could someone help me on its whereabouts possibly?..

I've seen nothing labelled as a prison on any map yet, but there are various walled, watchtowered camps on various maps which could pass for "detention centres".

There are none on Chernarus that I can recall offhand, but on Takistan there are at least two:- the 'Jilavur Choke Point' and 'The Mine' which could pass for some sort of prison camps.

There are at least two camps on Utes, namely the 'Coastwatch Station' and 'The Compound'

And there are at least two more on the Zargabad map, namely 'The Villa' and the 'Military Base'

Check out their map locations and 3D screenshots here- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?6759-3D-RECCES

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I know the prison in takistan, I've been there. I just can't remember where it was :(

Edit: well, to be truthful, the place I'm talking about was more a jail, if that's what you meant. Otherwise, I don't know.

I know the prison in takistan, I've been there. I just can't remember where it was :(

Edit: well, to be truthful, the place I'm talking about was more a jail, if that's what you meant. Otherwise, I don't know.

Just tell me a few things and I'll take up a helo and look for it-

1- Was it in a town or open countryside?

2- Why were you incarcerated?

3- What was your sentence?

4- Were you framed?

5- What was the food like?

6- Did you make parole or did you bust out?

1) It was in a village

2) You go into the village in the Operational Detachment-Delta campaign (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104628) and I was looking for a character who had run away, and ended up stumbling on the jail.

3) Sentenced to find the stupid AI who disappeared somewhere (turns out he'd climbed up a mountain :D )

4) Of course!

5) Byte-y, with a slight aftertaste of processing.

6) Busted out like a boss!

I've been playing <Scenarios--My Missions--New...> and I cannot figure out how to reply to headquarters when they radio new objectives to me.

Use the number 0 key or communications.

Use the number 0 key or communications.

thank you sir. Zero-communication-SpOps-affirm (or something very similar was the order. I had tried communication before but did not know to choose Special Ops to further the menu.

Again, thank you.

I've tried Warfare and I really like it but I want more players. About 32vs32 or even more (against AI). I found Benny Warfare with more players but its focus is on MP the Ai really sucks (they dont even wait at the beginning for Vehicles...) Is there an opportunity to get more players with the Ai from the main Warfare?:confused:

If the mission has a parameters option when you host the game then it should have a feature in there to increase

the amount of AI for each side or one side, but I dont know for sure you would have to look.

If the mission has a parameters option when you host the game then it should have a feature in there to increase

the amount of AI for each side or one side, but I dont know for sure you would have to look.

The standard Warfare for Takistan has no option to increase the number of units. Only 8vs8 and with Guerillias.

I have arrowhead on steam and ARMA 2 on disk.

I've got arrowhead installed.. but I don't have arma 2. If install arma 2.. will that combine into combined arms?

I dunno. But if you install ArmA 2 first, then OA, then they do combine, into Combined Operations. I think Combined Arms was ArmA 1 combined with the expansion.

Combined OPS or something I mean. The thing wheb ARMA 2 and AO are in the same package or something.

I don't think Comb Ops is on one disk?

They're on two separate disks (or two separate downloads)- AA2 and OA, and you have to combine them yourself, I know I did.

Install AA2 first, then install OA into the same directory and they should combine automatically and will put a 'Combined Ops' icon on your desktop for you.

I bought arrowhead on steam and arma 2 on disk. Would arrowhead being on steam affect anything?

Yes it would. There's a thread here somewhere on how to combine them into one game. I'm in a hurry now though, so you'll have to find it yourself, or someone else can link to it.

Hi, so I'm trying to run a server in combined ops mode, but whatever I try doesn't work.

If anyone could give me some pointers or information on what I need to do, I'd be very grateful. My command line looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=arma 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@zeu_ai_ace

P.S. I used the "Kellys Heroes Guide to ArmA2 Dedicated Server" to set up the server if that matters.

Hey Gunter, I just downloaded the WarMod for Arma2, but my A2 is off of steam and so where is my main A2 directory? I have the main warmod folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2" but where do I put the @A2WarMod, Keys and Userconfig?

Hey Raptor228,

If you found your main Arma2 directory then the keys and userconfig will go in the same place. There are readmes included in the download.

Also for future references any questions for mods in general, installation, features, problems whatever it is best you use the forum threads associated with those mods.

For A2WarMod it has its own thread seen here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1764332#post1764332,

so any future questions please use that instead, the thread here is really for new folks coming to the game to ask questions, lets try to maintain that.

Hey folks.

Having a brain fart today and I'm unable to find the answer on the forums to the following question(s) even though I have used the search feature extensively.

1. When applying the following order(s) to AI, "Watch There, Watch Direction or Scan Horizon" how do I turn/stop them from doing that action and go back to normal (looking where they are going)?

I have tried the following when they are in vehicles and have been given the order to "Scan Horizon". I select the units in vehicle "A" and then open the map. I then hold down the right alt key (for watch there command) and click directly on top of the vehicle they are in (when the name of the vehicle shows on the map). That seems to help but not always. Most of the time they just keep looking in the direction they were originally told to look or keep scanning the horizon if thats what the order was originally.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers!

..I have tried the following when they are in vehicles..

I'll set up an editor test but first I need to know what kind of vehicles, (Tanks/APC's/armed cars etc?)