wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

I just bought OA and it says Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead-Standalone Expansion to Arma 2.And yes,i do have the latest patch(1.57 and 1.57 beta)

Do you have Arma2?

Get Arma2 and install OA into Arma2's folder and you get CO - (combined Ops) I believe this is what is causing your error I could be wrong.

@kris72

your best to post questions about missions for the mission your playing in the Domination thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75257

Yeah,i installed Arma 2 like this: E/Bohemia Interactive-here is arma installed,and in E/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead-there is OA installed.Do I have CO? I mean,the addons signs from normal arma 2,have now the OA signs

Yeah,i installed Arma 2 like this: E/Bohemia Interactive-here is arma installed,and in E/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead-there is OA installed.Do I have CO? I mean,the addons signs from normal arma 2,have now the OA signs

Check this out:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

VEHICLE ROAD MOVEMENT

When a vehicle starts on the road in a mission,and you want to move it a mile or two down the road, do you place just one map waypoint at its destination, or do you have to place waypoints at every bend in the road to ensure it stays on the road all the way?

VEHICLE ROAD MOVEMENT

When a vehicle starts on the road in a mission,and you want to move it a mile or two down the road, do you place just one map waypoint at its destination, or do you have to place waypoints at every bend in the road to ensure it stays on the road all the way?

You don't need to set one WP at every turn. But use the SAFE mode for the WP. It should stay on the road. But you never know. :)

I don't know about other people, but when I combined AA2 and Arrowhead, it gave me these two icons on my desktop, notice the bottom one is called "Combined Ops" and it works fine, I never use the AA2 one and don't really need it.

co-icon.gif

Guys, i played the construction tutorial. And when it comes to the "repair building", the button to repair is the INSERT on the NUM key right? I pressed it, and nothing happen. Anyone can help?

Is there a way to change the name of your profile? I went to edit but i cant seem to change the name? Must i make a new profile?

i have been playing the single player campaign for a week or so now and having reached operation manhattan i have become disappointed with the AI so i am looking into addons for the first time.

i started with zeus ai and then found out that ACE was required to run it and ACE requires CBA. i installed all three by extracting to my arma 2 installation folder plus i got an installer (SpiritedMachine's) since it was recommended.

the installer doesn't display any available mods at all under the "addons" tab and i can't run the game at all because of this error: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found

any help would be greatly appreciated. on a side note about launchers, why is it that when selecting the "max memory" option the highest setting you are able to choose is 2047?

Zeus doesn't require ACE bro.

thanks for the response.

looks like i downloaded the ACE version of zeus: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

still, why won't it work? also will i still be able to play through Red Harvest after ACE is installed assuming i can get it to work? i saw it was listed as a "total conversion".

Can't really help you with why it doesn't work, I have no idea. It does seem to be a problem with CBA though. You probably have it installed in the wrong file path or something.

ArmA is limited to 2047 MB of RAM I think.

ACE changes a lot of things. Personally I don't use it so I can't tell for sure, but I have heard that misisons that aren't meant for it, generally don't like it very much.

I suggest these threads for asking more questions pertaining to these mods:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113797

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103871&highlight=cba

i reinstalled with just the zeus addon, installed the same way as before by copying @zeu_AI folder contents to arma 2 install directory, and i am getting a new error now when launching: Addon 'asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers_ao' requires addon 'CAWeapons_E'

i searched for a CAWeapons addon and found no results.

When you installed the mod to the directory what did you do after?

Did you add the mod to your shortcut target line, like it says to here:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@zcommon_ace

When you installed the mod to the directory what did you do after?

Did you add the mod to your shortcut target line, like it says to here:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@zcommon_ace

i'm trying to run zeus alone now, this is my target line: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@zcommon -maxmem=2047

Try with out the -maxmem=2047 at the end of the command line you really dont need that in there.

That line is used for performance:

-maxMem=<number>

Defines memory allocation limit to number (in MegaBytes). 256 is hard-coded minimum (anything lower falls backs to 256). 2047 is

hard-coded maximum (anything higher falls back to 2047). Engine uses automatic values (512-1536 MB) w/o maxMem parameter.

Yet filecache is excluded from the virtual address limit, always was, see our developers blog here :

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/company/developers-blog/85-breaking-the-32-bit-barrier

Since this is your command line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@zcommon -maxmem=2047

Looks like you are not running ACE, so use the reg version of Zeus

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250

and make your command line look like this then:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@zcommon

still no luck, thanks though. apparently CAWeapons_E is an Operation Arrowhead file. is AO required for zeus? i have AO but only regular arma 2 is installed

Why would you not install OA?

HDD space, i freed some up and am installing now.

I heard there was a prison somewhere on the Takistan map, but I was unable to find it. If a prison truely exists somewhere, could someone help me on its whereabouts possibly?

Thanks in advance,

HDD space, i freed some up and am installing now.

i switched over to AO completely. i didn't realize that it was a stand-alone since it came in a combo pack i assumed it was an expansion. i saw that "Harvest Red" is available so i just uninstalled the original since i am having storage problems. i don't know why they sold it with OA in the first place.

Either way i am still getting errors and i saw that there is a dedicated zeus post so i'll start posting there. thanks for trying to help though guys.

And why would you do that? You should install both armA 2 and OA. That way you get what is called ArmA 2: Combined Operations.