wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

..the outside 3D view...Also how do you stop it zooming in and out by itself when you release the zoom key?..

That's a mystery to me too, but if you can go to the alternative 3D view by hitting the '.' key (numpad), the view CAN be zoomed in/out in incremental 'steps'.

That's a mystery to me too, but if you can go to the alternative 3D view by hitting the '.' key (numpad), the view CAN be zoomed in/out in incremental 'steps'.

Thanks, but is there no way to lock the outside 3D view to a different unit?

Is there any command in the editor to make something have more armor?

For example, me and my buddy want to make a scenario where you just fly the tiny russian plane around (Pchela-1T, I think) and it isn't really holding up to the missiles the helicopters are throwing at it.

I want to do something like multiply the armor by 2, just so it can take a few hits.

I've searched this forum for my answer with no luck.

I'm wondering how I call off my transport support? I accidentally called the helicopter in but I don't need it. Should I just let it sit there and not worry about it? Or is there a way to call it off?

I've searched this forum for my answer with no luck.

I'm wondering how I call off my transport support? I accidentally called the helicopter in but I don't need it. Should I just let it sit there and not worry about it? Or is there a way to call it off?

Unless the mission specifically has something for that purpose, you cannot. You may have to board it when the mission ends, etc. - how it behaves really depends on the mission in question.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

It seems to be installing it. I wanted the patch for just the ARMA II game, not for the arrowhead game because that's not the one I'm playing.

You'll need to patch both games.

That mission frequently goes wrong for me, too. You can use -endmission (Shift + Gray-) to end it but that takes away the ending.

It's really nothing much, you won't lose a lot.

Just wondering if someone can help me with this, in the old Op Flashpoint game you were able to build missions

and then let the AI run them without taking part yourself and I was wondering if this was possible in ARMA 2?

By this I mean you could design the mission in the editor and then let the PC play it but slave your camera viewpoint to

any particular piece of equipment and watch how it fared as it moved and fought by itself.

I can find the outside 3D view but I can't find how to move it from my playable vehicle to track a non-playable vehicle.

Also how do you stop it zooming in and out by itself when you release the zoom key?

Does that make any sense at all! Is it possible to do that?

You can do this with scripts, heres a couple:

FCC - Freelook Commanding Camera

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12633

and

GCam

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10390

You can do this with scripts, heres a couple:

FCC - Freelook Commanding Camera

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12633

and

GCam

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10390

Thanks for your help but I can't figure out how to actually use Gcam in game, I've loaded it with the ARMA2 launcher utility and a green text seems to indicate its installed when I start the game but I can't for the life of me actually use it!

Sorry to be so dense!

Edited by Disposable Hero

Thats because its not an addon or mod, its a script, you have to add it to a mission.

You have to read the instructions:

Installation:

It comes with a mission as a demo version. Extract the folder to your ArmA2\other Profiles

\Yournick\Missions and load it in the editor.

If you go into the sp editor create a mission, just puts some units down you want to look at, and put the script

in the same folder of your mission (remember that the folder wont showup til you save the mission the first time)

then in the editor:

Usage:

Camera parameter is adjusted by head in each script file.

Help is displayed with H key.

To execute use:

handle = [ Unit ] execVM "gcam(_auto).sqf"

put that code into your player's initilization line.

or try the demo that comes with the mission but you have to put the mission in your sp missions folder.

If you still have trouble let me know, I have used this before myself.

edit:

there is two versions of this script, a script format where you add the script to your mission,

and theres a mod version which you put into your main Arma2 directory, and add the @Gcam to your target line.

with the mod Player can start GCam from action menu.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Great!

An easy way to use it, especially if you want to tour an island without actually having to move yourself, is go into the sp editor,

and place a soldier, then place a plane flying, and give him wapoints through the island, then save.

when ingame gcam will be in your action menu, just hit L which brings up a list for gcam and pick the planes, and you

will zoom to him as hes flying around.

If you need help in terms of how to control the camera and other stuff just hit H ingame and a menu will come up and just

read what you wish to do its all the controls there. its easy and fun, and also allows you to explore lands via a plane, or chopper,

can be done for any unit, plane, chopper, car, tank, whatever.

Well I figured out a solution to get your unwanted helo support to go away. Just board it and have it drop you off a few feet away. Then it leaves.

It seems to me there are 2 levels of healing for a wounded soldier. The first healing gets them functional but their avatar is still red. Then another round of first aid clears that up. The problem I'm having is initiating the 2nd round of healing. I can't order someone to and I can't myself. However, if I take over one of the soldiers then my guy issues the command to someone to give the 2nd round of healing. Not a big deal but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Well I figured out a solution to get your unwanted helo support to go away. Just board it and have it drop you off a few feet away. Then it leaves.

It seems to me there are 2 levels of healing for a wounded soldier. The first healing gets them functional but their avatar is still red. Then another round of first aid clears that up. The problem I'm having is initiating the 2nd round of healing. I can't order someone to and I can't myself. However, if I take over one of the soldiers then my guy issues the command to someone to give the 2nd round of healing. Not a big deal but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Heal by medpack is only slightly to get you on your feet, then you need a medic to heal fully (loose the red) i think.

I got my new laptop, except it doesn't perform better than my old one at ArmA 2, while having much better specs:

New:

-GTX 460M (9588 in 3dMark Vantage)

-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

-Intel Core i7-740QM @ 1.73GHz

-7200RPM HDD

Old:

-GTX 260M OC (5764 in 3dMark Vantage)

-6GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM

-Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz

-5200RPM HDD

On the exact same settings with the exact same mods and the same resolution (although the new one's native is 1080p rather than 900p), the new one only gets around 11FPS in a little benchmark I made where a ridiculous amount of planes fly overhead, and the old one got around 15FPS+.

What might be causing this?

Hi

I bought Arma2 CO and the BAF DLC at steam over Christmas and would appreciate some guidance.

I’ve read through a lot of the threads on this and other Arma2 fora, however the sheer amount of information is a bit much.

Since I am new to the series I am going to go through the basic training missions until I feel comfortable with the game and its mechanics. After completing the training missions I would like to play the single player campaign in chronological order, i.e. Arma2 missions, Arrowhead and finally the BAF – missions. But before I begin, I would like to know if there is any essential add-ons, mods etc. I should install first to make the single player campaign more enjoyable?

Any other suggestions on what I should do prior to starting the single player campaign would also be much appreciated.

I can only give my opinions on what addons to use, these would mainly be ones that make the game more immersive, rather than ones that change gameplay.

You can read up on them and make your own decision of whether or not these are something you would want to use.

JSRS Soundmod.

WarFX Blastcore.

JTD Fire and smoke.

ST movement.

ST hud.

Zeus AI.

I play with some other mods too, but IMO this would be a good start.

BTW, I don't know what it will be like for you, but Harvest Red was unbelievably frustrating sometimes, trying to get the AI to work. You might wanna go out and buy some hair dye, 'cuz you're gonna get grey hairs from this :)

Thanks Concurssi.

Yes, I would probably only use add-ons which make the game more immersive, and not the ones that change the game play.

Is this forum the best place to get these add-ons or are there other one-stop websites for that like http://www.armaholic.com?

Hehe, I don’t know when you started your Arma2 journey, but hopefully the worst bugs are fixed. After all the game isn’t exactly new anymore and quite a few patches surely must have improved the AI.

I use armaholic for the downloads at least, but most mods I think have their own threads here in the BIS forums.

Actually, it's not that long ago since I started :). I think maybe, just maybe Zeus AI did something to the AI (I dunno, since I didn't want to play without it) so it wouldn't work in Harvest Red, although that's odd since I haven't had problems with any other missions. Other than Harvest Red (for me at least) it's an amazing game though.

Hi - I'm not sure where to ask this ... but is there a way to tell your AI squad to GET DOWN AND STAY LOW? Does anyone else have a problem with squad members standing up in the middle of a firefight for no reason at all and promptly getting blown away?

Hello,

The command I believe should 7, 6 keep low, there is also prone which is called go prone but if you tell them go prone

then they will stay prone til you tell them otherwise.

Gentlemen,

I have just updated to OA, BF and PMC and patched to 1.57. Everything seems in place but two commands. It seems that fadeSound and fadeMusic commands incorporated in my intros and outros and other cutscenes do not work anymore.

Have they been replaced by other commands?

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Gentlemen,

I have just updated to OA, BF and PMC and patched to 1.57. Everything seems in place but two commands. It seems that fadeSound and fadeMusic commands incorporated in my intros and outros and other cutscenes do not work anymore.

Have they been replaced by other commands?

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Ask in the editing forum mate.

in sp scenarios freedom fighters i keep getting killed for no reason,is this a bug,i control 2 towns MYSTA-STORAYE but I'm in my base camp miles away heavily defended, its impossible for me to get killed by ENEMY forces.

cheers Dan