wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

OK so I guess since Im on the Demo This is a noob Question. Ive made some awesome missions with the Demo but I made one that required All players to have satchels to destroy a target I added the script lines for satchels to all of my team I go in and they are there in SIngle player but I moved the Single mission to Multiplayer And I got to the target Only to discover my satchels werent on any of my polayers I went back into the Editor while in Multiplayer and My scripts are still in the Init Line of My team So why is it they arnt giving my team the satchels the scripot is supposed to give them. Im using the Add magazine pipeBomb; 4 seperate times so I have a satchel for each but they there are none on my team in Multiplayer even though thte editor shows it ANY HELP??

i'd recomend buying it from sprocket.

As for artillery, and airstrikes : modules, simpel support module i think it's called.

edit : thats what i get for not checking for more pages in the tread, i see that your questions was already answered :(

So I cant afford to get the Game at the moment but I have made some awesome missions witht the Demo editor but I cant understand why My satchels disappear from my team members when Im in the Multiplayer session. Can anyone point me in the right direction or do satchels not work in the Multiplayer

Hello!

I've got question. Does a polish version of Operation Arrowhead work with engilsh versions of BAF and PMC? Because I didn't see anywhere BAF in shops in Poland and as far as I know PMC will be only aviable to buy and download from internet. Or there will be also polish version of them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind. I've found my answer. Sorry for stupid question.

Edited by Maciek95PL
Found out answer to my question

Okay I downloaded BAF from Sprocket and have played a few simple multiplayer scens with pals.

But how can we take screenshots during a multiplayer game to post in forums later?

Either just hit PrintScreen and paste into Paint or use a program like Xfire or FRAPS or something.

Either just hit PrintScreen and paste into Paint or use a program like Xfire or FRAPS or something.

Yeah thanks, I just downloaded free FRAPS and it works like a dream;;)

The Printscreen key is no good during multiplayer games because you have to keep leaving the game in order to save each shot individually to your hard drive, then return to the game.

But with FRAPS you can hit the Printscreen key any number of times without having to leave the game, because they're all auto-stored for you..:)

I appreciate that expereinced players are going to roll their eyes but look at it from our (noob) point of view. Assume we know absolutely nothing when you start writing instructions.

With that said, I have some basic questions that should help all noobs.

1. Is the only entrance to the mission editor at the beginning on the main splash screen or is there another way to open it?

When in preview, how does one get back to the editor to make a correction?

(Yes, I searched the web and could not find an answer to this basic question and I downloaded the Mr. Murray guide, which did not provide an easily located answer.)

Thanks in advance for your help, guys.

Bronco_6

1 : no, it's also awailible trough a localy hosted multiplayer game, for the host only ( the other partisipants will get a wait for host message on their screens )

2 : hit esc. Then abort or something like that ( last option except for back )

Hi guys, what's the 'Minimap'?

According to the key chart i think you have to hit Right CTRL and M at the same time, but when I do that it just gives me the normal fullscreen map.

Hi,

M is for the map, and the minimap should be the Gps,

you can allocate whatever keys you want for your controls,

i forget what the defaul key is for the minimap, but look for GPS in the controls.

In E02:combat mission, how do i change the size of my squad and the type of units in my squad?I currently only can have six and the units option in the edit menu is locked.

need help with this

If you don't have a GPS in your inventory Ctrl-M will just show the normal map.

Gunter and Kylania thank you..:)

PS- But I'm still stuck on placing Artillery in the Editor. Here's the opening paragraph of the WIKI tutorial which looks easy at first sight-

The Artillery Firing Interface

If you just want to play around with the Artillery as a player, you can do so by doing the following. Set up a static Artillery vehicle (empty). Put an Artillery GameLogic on the map. Syncronize the Artillery GameLogic with the static weapon you placed. If this is not done, the Artillery module features may not run properly in a multiplayer mission. Finally, start the game and get into the Artillery.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artillery_Module#Introduction

But I can't find a 'static artillery vehicle' in the Editor unit listings, what's one of them?

And what's an 'Artillery GameLogic?'

Edited by PoorOldSpike

A "Static Artillery Vehicle" would be like a D-30 or M119 found under Empty -> Static

The "Artillery Gamelogic" is the actual Artillery Module from Modules (F7)

h.q. keeps asking me if i want to do a certain mission in blue writing? how do i say yes to that request?

Press <space>,go to the "communication" submenu with the mousewheel and you will see the mission proposed there, select it same way and the next submenu will have choices of accept or decline.

How the hell do you laze targets with the apache and fire hellfires? I lazed, but the damn hellfire won't follow everytime I change my weapon to hellfire.

Press <space>,go to the "communication" submenu with the mousewheel and you will see the mission proposed there, select it same way and the next submenu will have choices of accept or decline.

thanx Neopas, from gatormack in Oregon..have anice day.

How can i switch the ammo type of the maingun in the ka-52 ?

If i click on the option "Reload HE" as pilot with an AI gunner nothing happens at all. Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

How do i use AI door gunners in UH60 and similar properly (as pilot) / i.e. how should i fly to give them the best opportunity to fire?

Edited by Fennek

How can i switch the ammo type of the maingun in the ka-52 ?

I'm having the same problem with the M1A1 tank when I'm Commander.

I can tell the gunner to switch between the main gun and MG with the LeftCTRL-F key combo, but I don't know how to tell him to switch between Sabot and HE.

That's on your Action Menu if you have proper ammo I believe. Try a mouse wheel scroll.

The Arrowhead printed manual is very slim, isn't there a more detailed online manual anywhere?

I'm beginning to suspect I'll have to buy Arma 2 to get a full manual.

At the moment i'm stuck in Arrowhead on two things-

1- why won't my Apache stop and hover at the final waypoint instead of flying blindly on into enemy territory?

2- when I order my tanks to "suppressive fire" on suspected enemy positions, why won't they fire?

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

How the hell do you laze targets with the apache and fire hellfires? I lazed, but the damn hellfire won't follow everytime I change my weapon to hellfire.

Try the 'Tab' key to cycle targets, and play about with a brief right mouse button click.

You should get big white crosshairs, I think the laser locks on automatically.

Then just fire

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

That's on your Action Menu if you have proper ammo I believe. Try a mouse wheel scroll.

Sorry, won't work

Sorry, won't work

Ahh, I see. Just hop into Gunner seat, switch to a new round type via the action menu, then switch back to Commander. Takes 2 seconds, if that. :)