wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

co = Co-Op mission, humans vs AI

06 or 35 = for up to 6 (or 35 ) players

That's part of the community mission naming standard.

Ty very much, I missed that somehow.

Another question, hope it's ok to ask noob questions about Warfare here. Been playing one of the Oden Warfares, and lost my team and had to go back to my last captured town to get more units. However, I don't get the option on my action menu. I do see what looks like a menu on the right side of the screen and it lights up when I'm at the base, but I don't know how to open it. Bug or is there a key I should map/press?

Warfare I'm not sure about really... I think you need to return to where a barracks is to get new units? I never play Warfare so not sure exactly, sorry. :)

I'm still figuring Warfare out. Once I was able to get more units by moving next to a HMMV.

I've also got one question which is related to the topic 'team assignment':

Normally you are able to select previously assigned teams by holding shift and pressing the F-key of any of the contained members. Is it possible to bind this function of the shift key (in combination with pressing the F-keys) to another key? I'm asking this because I usually bind the shift key to the function "prone" and if I do so I can't select any of my subteams without going into a prone position.

Thanking you in anticipation!

I recently downloaded the 1.07 patch and now I can't find the Mission Folders I've created with the Editor.

They used to be here: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions

I can create new missions, but I want to open the SQM file for editing, and can't find the new missions I've created.

I've searched everywhere and even looked for hidden folders.

Can anyone tell me where the missions are being saved?

Can anyone tell me where the missions are being saved?

Windows XP provides editor output at - generically - this location:

[ROOT]:\Documents and Settings\[uSER]\My Documents\ArmA 2 [\Other Profiles]\[ProfileName]\Missions

RiE

I finally found them. They were here, weird...

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions

Also, I'm using Vista. Don't know if that makes a diff.

I finally found them. They were here, weird...

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions

Also, I'm using Vista. Don't know if that makes a diff.

Vista and 7 don't let apps store data in Program Files any more, it goes in that complicated folder like you see. The application thinks it's storing files in its own folder, but it actually goes to that AppData folder hierarchy. If that behavior isn't wanted you can install applications to a folder other than Program Files, then Vista won't mess with your data files.

How do I lock and fire Hellfires from a UAV?

I can see that I have a laser marker but cannot lock using it and my missiles fire in a straight line :/

I can see that I have a laser marker but cannot lock using it and my missiles fire in a straight line :/

Anyone?

Select Hellfires with the "F" key. Lock target with the "Tab" key.

Select Hellfires with the "F" key. Lock target with the "Tab" key.

tab doesn't work

tab doesn't work

The trick is to align the UAV in a straight line. Click the map to ensure the flight path of the UAV is straight heading to the target you intend to destroy, once the UAV is heading straight with the target infront, you should be able to lock on target and use your hellfire effectively.

Edit: Do not circle the area with the target in the middle of the box. that is a common mistake.

How do I force the AI to follow my orders?

Situation: ARMA 2 Campaign, they are stuck on 'engaging' the enemy while following me, so by the time I get to where I need to be while running, they are lagging behind by 200m. They run for a little bit, go prone, cover each other, and rinse and repeat.

Currently, I am in the Bitter Chill mission and I am trying to reach the CDF position. I can't even go 100m without dying since those fools are too busy playing "shoot air" with the enemy despite being on Hold Fire / Safe / Return to Formation orders.

This is frustrating.

How do I force the AI to follow my orders?

Situation: ARMA 2 Campaign, they are stuck on 'engaging' the enemy while following me, so by the time I get to where I need to be while running, they are lagging behind by 200m. They run for a little bit, go prone, cover each other, and rinse and repeat.

Currently, I am in the Bitter Chill mission and I am trying to reach the CDF position. I can't even go 100m without dying since those fools are too busy playing "shoot air" with the enemy despite being on Hold Fire / Safe / Return to Formation orders.

This is frustrating.

"Disengage" didnt work?

"Disengage" didnt work?

It did not. I reverted the mission, and started afresh, didn't run any issue this time since I did my best to just avoid everything and run like hell.

It did not. I reverted the mission, and started afresh, didn't run any issue this time since I did my best to just avoid everything and run like hell.

I remember struggling with this on a Cipher mission with a buddy last weekend. We were in a small town surrounded by woods and BMPs approached from two different directions. Took forever to get the AI troops to flee into the woods with us to reach the extraction point. I kept telling them Disengage, Hold Fire, Safe, and No Target (3,0 if I recall correctly.)

You can order them into safe mode and stand up mode with the "7" menu. This is a good tactic.

They will go back into cautious mode, however, if they contact enemy

Hello,

I just purchased two copies of Arma II Combined Operations and they are on there way. However after doing some reading here I see that you may have to do some things to be able to launch the game in multi-player and play on either Arma II or OA servers. I read briefly through the thread on doing that but there is a lot of info in there. Is there a easier\quicker way to get them to function together. Can't I just install the two and play? If I am mistaken or if I posted in the wrong place I apologize. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

few questions:

-red zone in armory challenges.. explain

-assassination missions of armory, how to excel at

-27% armory done, what to continue with?

- in Armory, do silenced weapons fool the AI? or is it showoff?

-I fly SU25 but the run always gets me crashing to trees, becaue AOA is too steep, suggestions? like ALT/SPD AOA

-Stealing missions, and how to avoid effing up the merchandise?

-command chopper pilot to hover close to water and pick me up? how?

- info at SCENE/ARMORY like muzzle velocity and range are they accurate in game or merely ornamental?

- bipods besides ACE2's SHIFT SPACE, in vanilla, valid?

- AI behaviour once entered RED ZONE AND FIRED A ROUND. explain please..

Edited by dr_zakharotta
silencer, sorry

Hello,

I just purchased two copies of Arma II Combined Operations and they are on there way. However after doing some reading here I see that you may have to do some things to be able to launch the game in multi-player and play on either Arma II or OA servers. I read briefly through the thread on doing that but there is a lot of info in there. Is there a easier\quicker way to get them to function together. Can't I just install the two and play? If I am mistaken or if I posted in the wrong place I apologize. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Install ArmA2 first then Operation Arrowhead and you will get Combined Operations as part of the installation. Just follow the prompts

new to Arma 2 I bought the combined operations pack have been loving the mission editor but I have been wanting to try online anyone have any opinion? on how to start as I am completely lost on the sever list as they mostly seam to be mostly "clan" games.

Look for the "no mods" servers. Usually though after playing a while server operators will start adding mods for variety.

Things you probably want to get:

All the different islands

CBA (Community Base Addons)

ACE2 (Advanced Combat Environment)

To practice combat you can start a mutliplayer match yourself and play deathmatch against AI bots.

new to Arma 2 I bought the combined operations pack have been loving the mission editor but I have been wanting to try online anyone have any opinion? on how to start as I am completely lost on the sever list as they mostly seam to be mostly "clan" games.

Most of the servers are run by Clans but they are there for anyone to join. If a Clan wanted to exclude the public the server would be passworded. Fill your boots mate

When you're commanding AI troops and you've sent them away from you, on the map view is there any way to tell what number each unit is so you can effectively remotely command them? I can see them but I can't tell who's who.