Sign in to follow this  
BCA Cat Toaster

The "Official" Advance and Secure Thread (AAS)

It really is good fun! I hope alot of people download 1.1 soon too

Yeah if you really want to. There are AI capabilities.

------Ok, I will give it a shot.

so do you run with ace now?

what kinds of mods do you allow?

how many players are usually in the servers, i can't see any in the list, do they show up with all the other servers in the browsers?

just asking before i download a gig of stuff.

It's worth it. More teamwork that any warfare of domination server (screw domination)

Is a gig so hard? Unless you're from Australia you don't deserve to complain about a gig. Sorry Aussies but you know its true!

ACE2 is NOT part of the AAS Addon-Installer-Package anyway and needs to be downloaded separately in any case!

Please note that only AAS ProMode offers support for ACE2 which is developed indepently from the Main-AAS for League- and competetive gameplay within the AAS-Network. AAS ProMode is designed for 20 Players max therefore. Even if AAS ProMode supports ACE2 and other Mods like the BWMod, it does not mean that they´re required. That´s completely up to the Host.

Learn more about ProMode in the Wiki.

You can find all relevant information about where and how to play AAS on www.advanceandsecure.com . Here´s a list of AAS-Servers and Addons they allow/require.

For a complete list of all AAS Servers including AAS ProMode with ACE2 type "AAS" in your Arma2-Server-Browser!

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

For a complete list of all AAS Servers including AAS ProMode with ACE2 type "AAS" in your Arma2-Server-Browser!
Or "AToW" for ProMode with ACE2 modset. Note, stamina and health module are disabled. Edited by SAbre4809

Can anyone with AAS and ACE join an AAS ProMode server? I have both mods and would love to try AAS with ACE. But I don't know if I have the skill/time to play at set times etc etc

In other words, I don't actually want to play competitively with clans and what not, but would still like to play in a ProMode server.

Edited by RogueBlade

You need to find a public server running both A&S ProMode and ACE2 MODset

I believe this one does:

[ATOW] ATOW-ACE Public DeDi 1.05

Our community also provides an A&S ProMode server but with ArmA2 vanilla MODset (maybe HEXAgon MODset soon)

There is also the getSkillD A&S ProMode battleground server

Edited by Lonestar
add link

@SAbre4809

Can you please add the "aas.key" to you server? Even if you don´t run it, people get confused that they can´t join an AAS-Server after they´ve just download one gig.

I also suggest you should add "AAS" to your server name, because that´s the wording in all our guides and support-posts. It just helps you to get recognized and added on aas.com as well.

@AAS and ACE2

AAS delivers an outdated version of CBA, so to avoid conflicts with the newer one ACE2 needs and delivers ensure that you´re running @AAS BEFORE @ACE2 in your Mods-Commandline!

HI..

please enlighten me a bit..i have downloaded AAS..made 2 versions..stock AAS and AAS plus ACE 2 1.2..

my question is What is AAS PROMOD? is it different?

Simply put its AAS but including the ACE mod and some of its gameplay features. If you've played with the ACE mod, you know what it brings.

Thing is the servers that support it, I've never seen any players in them.

Cool, Until today I wasn´t aware that "AAS plus ACE2" even existed and I don´t know on which AAS it is based on. Only AAS ProMode has official support for ACE2 by now.

AAS and AAS ProMode are two differents things as well but we´re working together at least. Both are part of the Installer-Package V1.1 and can be downloaded separately in newer versions:

AAS Complete Mission-Pack V1.11

AAS ProMode Final June 2010

Original AAS supports up to 100 Players and Large scale battles close to the original AAS-game-concept coming from Novalogics Joint Operations.

ProMode is inspired by the AAS-Gameplay-Idea and developed independently by kju and offers one million more features (some of them I´d love to see in original AAS) but only supports 20 players and is made for league-gameplay.

More Information is available on www.advanceandsecure.com

ok..AAS plus ACE 2 is just my own mix..using modfolder edit..

So, i have downloaded AAS 1.1 which is an ~800Mb data..then from your like it's ~800kb missions folder..so if i put the mission pack you gave the link for to my missions folder.. will that make it PROMOD?

Sorry for my Confusion.

Well, AAS1.1 already contains ProMode and "normal" AAS missions, both. Basically it´s just an Addon-Compilation. It´s your choice ingame if you choose a ProMode or a normal AAS-Mission. If you´re interested in MP-Gaming you don´t need to care about these Missions at all as you get them from the servers you join anyway.

The missions are only required if you want to check them out alone (or for hosting a MP-Game of course). If you want to do so in combinations with ACE2 then you should use this ProMode-Mission-Set -> http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6182/A_S_ProMode_2010_05_31_ACE2_as_default.7z

The AI in AAS seems to be very defensive and not engaging alot. I play alot of single player , so far I have not see groups of AI attacking and capturing enemy territory instead they attack individually. Seems to be quite passive to me. Anyway for me to tune it up so they are attack in group and aggresively?

I actually did followed the guide, with settings such as aggresive AI, group of 4 per team, Zeus addon... but most of the AIs prefer to slack and camp in the base. It happens mostly to friendly AIs, enemy does attack often to be more specific.

Hey Folks

Today we´ll host the first public "AAS for Operation Arrowhead" Session. The server is ready as you see in my signature.

There are some known issues you should be aware of. So lets check for some more and general stability and performance under load on the Dedicated server for the first time and report any Feedback in our AAS-Forums.

Aj8AgR2zjoc

FSFuP6qCwbY

Thanks a lot, your "AAS-Advance and Secure" Addon-Package V1.1 is causing me endless problems, everything was fine until I wanted to uninstall it - instead it uninstalls Arma2 and leaves the AAS on there, after reinstalling Arma2, operation Arrowhead now crashes when played online:mad:

Thanks a lot, your "AAS-Advance and Secure" Addon-Package V1.1 is causing me endless problems, everything was fine until I wanted to uninstall it - instead it uninstalls Arma2 and leaves the AAS on there, after reinstalling Arma2, operation Arrowhead now crashes when played online:mad:

Did you try the package specifically made for Operation Arrowhead instead of the old one you stated, which is for Arma 2?

EDIT - I always just delete a mod folder to get rid of it. But I guess I just don't trust uninstallers to begin with.

Edited by Mosh
stuff