Sign in to follow this  
Pauldarrington

Tron-Legacy

does anyone remember a film called tron released in 1982? Well i certainly do it one of my favourite films that i have watched my times before and still love it.

Well disney studios has taken the honours in doing a remake of tron set 20 later, In Tron Legacy we meet Flynn's son, Kevin who goes in search of his father and is taken to the world his father has spent his time designing since he first took a spin on a lightcycle.

its going to be 1080p 3D!!

Chech the trailer out!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P78pl1FUXfA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P78pl1FUXfA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

lightcycle.jpg

I just added it (trailer) today to our cinema's server. Gonna show it before "Alice 3D" this weekend.

(I'm a projectionist in our local cinema)

:)

wilde.jpg

Do want.

Looking forward to this and Iron Man 2 this year.

Indeed. The Daft Punk music fits incredibly well. If the movie sucks, I'm definitely buying the sound track.

Iron Man 2 just looks kickass, as expected. :D

Oh very nice! TRON was on TV some days ago hehe. :) Great classic. Hope they dont mess it up too much. Cool props and awesome chick there DM. :D

EDIT: Ok "disney"... ouch.

If you really do love Tron, you'll see immediately that Team Gold isn't accurate. They weren't all orange but Yellow, Orange and Red:

-3ODe9mqoDE

Besides that, well made remake and surely a hell of work. Respect to that.

And while talking about Lightcycles:

1AwvuirSEAA

I rarely go to Cinema but i see that i have to in the near future.

I really begin to hates this kind of remakes!

Did hollywood run out if fresh ideas or why do they do the same movie again and again.

They should go to a book store, there are lots of good and new stories out there on paper.

Tron was one of my all time favourites. It's good to see they got Jeff Bridges back for it, and the hot chick from house doesn't hurt either.

Tron was always the ultimate Nerdgasm. Getting to go inside your computer and become a hero while fighting the evil programs (virus')....

Pity the tron game sucked so much.

Tron was one of my all time favourites. It's good to see they got Jeff Bridges back for it, and the hot chick from house doesn't hurt either.

Tron was always the ultimate Nerdgasm. Getting to go inside your computer and become a hero while fighting the evil programs (virus')....

Pity the tron game sucked so much.

Well TRON was on screen before the computer nerds were invented ;)

Viruses were not a big problem back then, and games were, well, not immersive enought to forget RL about it.

I remember screwing around with friends with frisbees pretending to be Tron when it was out.

I miss the 80's.

END OF LINE.

id rather see a sequel to john carpenters "the thing" "prince of darkness" "in the mouth of madness" (you can catch all of them on youtube btw.)

all 3 where perfectly set up for a sequel.

interresting! unfortunately they try to make a remake of something thats perfect it seems, no sequel...!?

thats the IMDB plot;

Plot Summary for

The Thing (2011)

At an Antarctica research site, the discovery of an alien craft leads to a confrontation between graduate student Kate Lloyd and scientist Dr. Sander Halvorson. While Dr. Halvorson keeps to his research, Kate partners with Sam Carter, a helicopter pilot, to pursue the alien life form.

now they got a chick that was not in the original movie and the story doesnt seem to be like the original too...well this looks bad but there is hope if nothing else :D

i wonder how they want to top the bad ass "models" they build back then with lousy CGI effects...ah well lets see.

my god this takes me back whan i was a kid lol allways did love the film and i don't tink it's a remake of it but who knows lol

Tron is probably one of my all-time favourite. I hope they don't screw this one. Visuals are nice, slick and shiny as you would expect, let's hope the story is on par. It reminds me of tron 2.0 video game scenario... Not a bad thing though...

"God isn't interested in technology, he know nothing of the potential of the microchip or the silicone revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrots , nipples for men!" - Master control program