Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

If they made it so the radio broadcast was a push and hold then you can just create a extra bind to match it in TS3 so when transmitting your also transmitting true voice via ts3 as needed.

What? Did you even read my post and the quote?

The current version is:

Toggle Radio ON >> Talk on TeamSpeak (PTT or Voice, which ever) >> Toggle Radio OFF

What we want is:

Push a button in ARMA2 to send via radio without having to toggle the radio ON/OFF. Just like normal "direct" speaking.

This could be achieved by say:

Making the addon so that binding USER1 to a button also binds it to Whisper List 1 in TS3.

Binding USER2 to Whisper List 2 in TS3... and so on.

1-Set the TS to Continuous Talk

2-Set the Hotkey (same key for Arma2-Broadcast) for StatusChange>Toggle>Microphone

So every time you press broadcast key combination in ArmA your mic is activated/deactivated in TS as well, allowing to talk using continuous transmission.

1-Set the TS to Continuous Talk

2-Set the Hotkey (same key for Arma2-Broadcast) for StatusChange>Toggle>Microphone

So every time you press broadcast key combination in ArmA your mic is activated/deactivated in TS as well, allowing to talk using continuous transmission.

Sure, but that don't make the radio transmit button push to talk.

That is what he is asking for, but i think it's being looked at by the team.

I just want to bring up to speed on my post about needing our own client. That is not the case anymore (and wasn't really ideal anyways due to how it interacts with the server).

The functions we need in the client SDK are being added the next update of the TS3 client. Those guys are awesome and really responsive. TS3 gets a huge thumbs up in my book! :)

I just want to bring up to speed on my post about needing our own client. That is not the case anymore (and wasn't really ideal anyways due to how it interacts with the server).

The functions we need in the client SDK are being added the next update of the TS3 client. Those guys are awesome and really responsive. TS3 gets a huge thumbs up in my book! :)

Sweet, great news. :)

I hope this TS SDK stuff works out quick and well.

I have a suggestion tho which i can't post on the dev heaven page since i can't login there.

On the last exercise in my unit we discovered that the pilots had a hard time communicating over the net while there was some talking in the backseat.

Now usually helicopter pilots are in a loud environment and i guess they would have a sound blocking headset, so they couldn't hear normal chatter in the back. Now comes the suggestion:

A "headset" which works only when plugged in to the vehicle, which has the following features:

Reduces the volume of "direct speech".

Keeps the same loud volume for everybody wearing this headset in the vehicle, so you can easily communicate with your crew members through that headset.

What do you think?

I hope this TS SDK stuff works out quick and well.

I have a suggestion tho which i can't post on the dev heaven page since i can't login there.

On the last exercise in my unit we discovered that the pilots had a hard time communicating over the net while there was some talking in the backseat.

Now usually helicopter pilots are in a loud environment and i guess they would have a sound blocking headset, so they couldn't hear normal chatter in the back. Now comes the suggestion:

A "headset" which works only when plugged in to the vehicle, which has the following features:

Reduces the volume of "direct speech".

Keeps the same loud volume for everybody wearing this headset in the vehicle, so you can easily communicate with your crew members through that headset.

What do you think?

If you want a reality experience, then realize that as a pilot in a military aircraft, you can't hear anything clearly unless it comes from the headset. The engine noise is deafening. Every marine in the back is wearing a cranial helmet (a soft boonet with ear muffs and two hard shells front and back for inpact protection). The only person that can talk to the pilots is the aircrew on ICS (Inter communication System), and maybe the SL, or senior man in the back. Whose given an ICS capable cranial.

Just some reality for ya.

try to use two soundcards - first for Arma2+speakers and second for TS3+headphones ... this is the best and real solution for pilots

Edited by jaromaz

To clarify, the current solution (v0.0.3) only includes TTT (Toggle to Talk), it does not include PTT (Push to Talk).

Push to Talk will be in the upcoming version.

The actions will not.

when it will be available?

To clarify, the current solution (v0.0.3) only includes TTT (Toggle to Talk), it does not include PTT (Push to Talk).

The actions will not.

Sweet , can we also use it when we are in the map or other menus ?

like now we must be out of the map so that we can talk

;1590624']If you want a reality experience' date=' then realize that as a pilot in a military aircraft, you can't hear anything clearly unless it comes from the headset. The engine noise is deafening. Every marine in the back is wearing a cranial helmet (a soft boonet with ear muffs and two hard shells front and back for inpact protection). The only person that can talk to the pilots is the aircrew on ICS (Inter communication System), and maybe the SL, or senior man in the back. Whose given an ICS capable cranial.

Just some reality for ya.[/quote']

Well this is exactly how i want it to be. Did that come out wrong? xD

Right now it is possible to talk to the pilot without any problems.

Why do I get message "Error: Teamspeak plugin is not responding" in arma?

Tested multiple times.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

yes. Everybody does.

Just hit 'reaload all' button in TS3 plugin config after each TS3 start.

Ok, maybe this is solution?

But then, normal procedure with dll's, If I use 64 bit dll I rename it from arma2ts_64.dll to arma2ts.dll, right?

Proper documentation could be soo nice..

And do I have to join to servers channel in ts3 or is it automatic?

But then, normal procedure with dll's, If I use 64 bit dll I rename it from arma2ts_64.dll to arma2ts.dll, right?

Proper documentation could be soo nice..

I thing all is self explained. You have no to rename files. Just put correct version of dll into TS3. thats all

And do I have to join to servers channel in ts3 or is it automatic?

I'm sure, trying this gives faster results than asking ;)

I was wondering, is it necessary to have everything removed from the action menu? Besides maybe accessing the radio itself frequency wise, but since the transmits and the whisper/yell change are bound to buttons anyways.

Is Arma2TS available by six updater?
Its not a big download, no real need.

Ok ive fafed about with the TS3 part of this alot and i dont know if its working

Where exactly do i put the teamspeak plugin source code folder

And then where do i put the Normal teamspeak folder stuff

Ive got the arma2 side sorted

Ok ive fafed about with the TS3 part of this alot and i dont know if its working

Where exactly do i put the teamspeak plugin source code folder

And then where do i put the Normal teamspeak folder stuff

Ive got the arma2 side sorted

ignore the source folder, you dont need it, its just the source code. Put the plugin (if you have 64 bit TS3 then use the _64.dll 32, the 32 dll) in the TS3 folders plugin folder. You should be placing in there the DLL and another folder with two wave files in it.

Thanks alot man

Now my ingame custom options will be

1 Long range radio

2 Short range

3 Talk/whisper/shout

which ive key binded Num 7 num 8 num 9

so i press that then on teamspeak i just press my normal PTT button?

Yes and no.

Long and Short range radios you have to "toggle on" before PTTing in TS3 (or if you are voice activated in TS3, just talking).

Pressing the Talk/Whisper/Shout button, switches between the three to extend the range at which others can hear you. If you hit your TS3-PTT button without activating your long or short range radio, your jus speaking normally (in either shout, talk or whisper depending on what you switched to).

So to recap:

To use the radios you have to turn the transmission on (and off again when done!!) using your num 7 or 8 keys, before holding down your TS3 PTT button.

To just talk normally you only have to hold your TS3 PTT button.

Copsy,

Think of you 7 and 8 buttons as transmit switches for the Long range(7) and Short range(8) radios. By pressing one of those you've enabled your radio to transmit, but you still have to use you TS3 PTT button to speak. Remember to switch off your transmission when your done so others may reply.

The 9 button only changes the volume (whisper, normal, yell) of the direct communication. So when you want to spaek to someone that's next to you or close enough to hear you yell, just use your TS3 PTT button as you normally did.

You can avoid using the TS3 PPT step by using Voice activation. Then you only need to use your 7 and 8 buttons to transmit radio comms.

I hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you. I think i finally got it working

:P Cheers guys