Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Hey pathy thanks for that i know its not the most technical thing doing walls but you have to start somewhere dont you i have given to arb so standby for a SS of it in afghan

Thanks for posting them arb i know the work i have 2 do on them now you shall have revisted copy waiting for you by tomoz

those are perfect! however anyway to have them longer models..only reason is because they dont match up alot and some times can look not as good!

now i know with this idea comes problems of its own..but since ur terrain is flater it should be better then the shorter walls linked up!

for example think about the Arma1 hesco barriers the long ones..if used on relitivly flat ground they where much nicer looking then a bunch of shorter ones..and i belive in the new "Project Reality Mod" video they have longer modeled walls..could be wrong tho!

OK... despiked the thistles ;)

TestPoppy01small.jpg

Doesn't look too bad...

These are actual plant objects - as opposed to clutter, so...

They throw a shadow

They're visible (sortof) right out to object viewdistance (as opposed to "terrain detail" distance)

They viewblock AI as well as a standard BIS nettlepatch would ;)

and...

testpoppySinglesmall.jpg

... you get 6 everytime you place a "poppy object" :)

Arb - check your PM...

B

Hey bushlurker them thistles look fanatastic :P

@Soldier: Me and arb have discussed longer walls and short walls in lenth, but we decided shorter walls are better because of entry into compounds you want to take 1 section of walls down not the whole of one side if you ghet my understanding

DF

all, just to let you know that you may notice some of my pictures have gone. this is because I need the space on my Flickr account for some photos I took today at RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath, http://www.flickr.com/photos/13696146@N08/

sweet arb! them pics looks good! brings me back to the days when Andrews AFB(where i was stationed at) use to have some of the largest airshows in america..and i have been able to work on the flightline of some of them shows!

@Soldier: Me and arb have discussed longer walls and short walls in lenth, but we decided shorter walls are better because of entry into compounds you want to take 1 section of walls down not the whole of one side if you ghet my understanding

anyways yeah i totally get your guys point..please dont mind me guys..i now i request\ask alot of shit, and am probly at times annoying but honestly its because this is going to be the best map ever..i hate jungle style maps..i only really like afghan and iraq style maps..and this just blows all others out the water..however ebanks is good too..looking forward to his aswell..maby in the future you guys can work togather..couldnt be a better map then that haha! and hopefully share each others models\addons so we have a standerd set of objects\walls for all maps! would make it easyer for other island makers and it would add some unisome to everyones maps!

Edited by soldier2390

we can start a *cough cough* mapping team *cough cough* hah

but @raizjames. more maps to play on the better man! :D

anyways yeah i totally get your guys point..please dont mind me guys..i now i request\ask alot of shit, and am probly at times annoying but honestly its because this is going to be the best map ever..i hate jungle style maps..i only really like afghan and iraq style maps..and this just blows all others out the water..however ebanks is good too..looking forward to his aswell..maby in the future you guys can work togather..couldnt be a better map then that haha! and hopefully share each others models\addons so we have a standerd set of objects\walls for all maps! would make it easyer for other island makers and it would add some unisome to everyones maps!

x2 :D

off topic : any release date for OA ?

on topic : Amazing map , i have lot of idea for make mission on it =)

why design this map when you know BIS is releasing OA?

Why not? from what I have seen of OA it isn't going to be terrain like Nad-E-Ali

Do you expect that anybody can throw such an amount of detailed away like that anyway?

Event if BIS does it Arb's touch and elements on the maps are definitely more different than BIS's

why design this map when you know BIS is releasing OA?

Not only does OA cost money and this doesn't, this has amazing quality for a user map. The more content for a game the better, whether a sequel/expansion is on the way or not.

Moreover, OA should include stuff the community already published... so to me wil be kinda useless except for models...

i agree with arb and most others..why not have more maps..specaily one as outstanding as this one..and who wouldnt love switching between arbs greenzone..and ebanks map?

think about it..after awhile OA maps will, be boaring after thousands of hours on them..so tell me you wouldnt want to play around abit..also too, like many have said this is nearly a completly different style..as in rl..just like everywhere in the world..belive me afghanistan..like the u.s. has a wide range of envirnments..from complete deserts to an almost tropical atmosphere..montain ranges and flat areas!

And sorry no disrespect to BIS but thier not perfect..they cant simply make thier map look like all of afghan\iraq! no one can..so thats the point of different afghan style maps.

However i would sugest to all you island makers(specaily if you guys here in this thread become a "cough cough" mod team of your own) after these few maps that have already been planed are done..we all should wait till OA is released so our(meaning these alsome comunity maps) maps can all take use of the new bis stuff..so that like i was saying a few posts ago..all these wonderfull maps would have some kind of uniform layout..again just meaning easyer for map makers to work with so as a comunity wehave maps with some kinda of uniformity!

Yeah. From what i've read ArmA 2 content should work out of the box with OA. The units and vehicles won't show up on FLIR or have the flashlights etc. that OA units come standard with but that isn't TOO big of an issue. Islands vehicles etc. should work. Let's hope that the "should work" becomes a "do work".

Problem is that arb will probably have to replace most of the towns with new cool objects. Same as we did when porting a A1 map (with bunch of mission A1 objects).

I would have preferred a different map than Afghanistan (since BI is making one already),

maybe Somalia? we could play the events of 1993 in Mogadishu (black hawk down)

would love that, you know, something else for a change!

I would have preferred a different map than Afghanistan (since BI is making one already),

maybe Somalia? we could play the events of 1993 in Mogadishu (black hawk down)

would love that, you know, something else for a change!

Something for a change? no offense but pretty much everything out there is based around the Americans, The British have nothing dedicated around them, I personally want a map that’s based on Nad-E-Ali since the brits are fighting there at this moment. Besides this is a real location and the majority of maps are fiction. There is a map called "Avgani" which is a urban map that fits BHD pretty well, (BHD is my favourite film don’t get me wrong ;) )

Afghanistan is a massive place, with widely varying terrain, and with many western forces taking part in combat.

It's more than worth map makers' time to recreate.

Something for a change? no offense but pretty much everything out there is based around the Americans, The British have nothing dedicated around them, I personally want a map that’s based on Nad-E-Ali since the brits are fighting there at this moment. Besides this is a real location and the majority of maps are fiction. There is a map called "Avgani" which is a urban map that fits BHD pretty well, (BHD is my favourite film don’t get me wrong ;) )

Hence reason for me to make this map.

there is def not any map at the moment that represents... http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=nad-e-ali&m=text