Sign in to follow this  
Karimloo

Reload, Hand Signs, and Wounded Animations

So whenever I play ARMA II, whenever my character or any other reloads or for example when he uses the stop hand sign, their hands, arms get frickin big. their hands become 3x the size of their heads. Same with the forearm. When Reloading his hand clips through his abdomen and sides. Its weird.

My Computer runs the game well, no trouble on high. Even my other friends experience this, and it irritates me.

Make a new reload animation or doing something.

Ahh yes, "warping" has been a problem since the original Operation Flashpoint.

Ahh yes, "warping" has been a problem since the original Operation Flashpoint.

Recycled from the past RV engines seems that BIS didnt even touch that part of the code. :(

Yes its a universal problem not a hardware related problem.

Yup an old problem , a wounded marine became 3 times it's size when he was rolling on the ground . But for me it's kinda random sometimes it happens sometimes it does not .

Searching the forum and browsing the A2CIT will teach you a lot about the games current and past bugs etc. Hand bloating during animation is a very old bug.

Now that you mention it, I have seen that a couple of times but very rarely.

I don't know why it has happened only occasionally for me.

Me neither! do you have a screenshot to show us what you mean! :)

I have seen it happen frequently in OFP, never in ArmA 1, ocassionally in ArmA 2.

In OFP, when the player character is walking sideways with no weapon, he appears to become thinner than paper.

In ArmA 2, if a character is wounded and writhing on the ground, his hands appear to balloon.

Re the reloading thing, I see that most of the time. Hit reload and the player unit does a hand sign. To me it looks like genuflection, so I mentally say: "Bless you my son" at the enemy just before I shoot. The big hand thing is very noticeable if you run when unarmed, or if you are holding your bins or laser designator. Doesn't bother me that much though.

EDIT: Just had a look, cant seem t reproduce the swollen hand anymore. The gesture after reloading seems to be less of a hand signal and more of a loving caress of ones rifle. Apologies for ropey quality of the vid. Rush job.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYau0FNK0yg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYau0FNK0yg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Bascule42
...I was thinking of calling the vid "Hand job", but thought better of it.

I get it 3 out of 4 times when I order Engage commands and fire, the arm will glow like an extra 3 feet, you can see it in First person or third.

For me, when I go prone and reload, its fine, when I'm crouched or standing, Whoaaaa Hulk Hands.

I have seen it, but only rarely. It's the same as the chicken wings bug.

All different parts of their bodies will stretch sometimes, but I see it so infrequently that I just take it as a chance to lol, and remember I am playing a game. :)

more of a loving caress of ones rifle

I guess thats meant to be the unit hitting the bolt release on the M4...

When the medic is healing you, his hands get stuck to his rifle and they stretch really far.

Yeah, I've seen the Popeye forearms too. I also notice the opposite with the anim for when they are giving commands to attack something. Their hand and forearm become nearly flat as in 2d sprite-ish.

For me, when I go prone and reload, its fine, when I'm crouched or standing, Whoaaaa Hulk Hands.

:D Edited by Grizzle