Sign in to follow this  
Beckwith-USSOCOM-

Server Bans

We have had our server up for about 1 month now and it is always populated. Lately we have had issues with people wanting to be idiots and blow the base up, TK people and other things like that. We ban their Player ID, but we think they just make a new ID and come back in and do it all over again.

Is their a way to permanently ban these people from you server? How do you do it? I see people get a GUID, but is their a way to ban them by their GUID?

I heard that there is a way to ban people so their CD Key is banned from your server, but it was banning them by their GUID, is this possible?

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

They go in the ban.txt in the game directory, If you don't have one make one.

Process for banning a player:

- Type #userlist

- Open the chat up again and use page up or down to scroll the list and find the player you want to ban

- Remember the number IN FRONT of the players name (example: 54: Ban me (30ms))

- Type #exec ban 54

You do not need his game ID.

well each game copy (their cd-key) is linked to a unqiue ID so having a differnt profile doesnt change your ID. So to asnwer your question yes it bans all their profiles :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Also, the exec ban and the Ban button on the server control, don't work, is this an ArmA2 thing or what? I literally have to go into the ban.txt file and edit it and ban each person that way. It is a bit annoying having to do that. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue as well.

;1567426']Thanks for the help guys.

Also' date=' the exec ban and the Ban button on the server control, don't work, is this an ArmA2 thing or what? I literally have to go into the ban.txt file and edit it and ban each person that way. It is a bit annoying having to do that. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue as well.[/quote']

I always edit the Ban.txt because exec ban ID sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't i have found.

Also some people know how to change the ID number i have found.

Edited by Aussie Dave

We had a problem with a guy who was able to change his GUID or spoof it or something. We had these issues along with exploiters all the time. We then enabled sig checks, but the hacks with the guid change and a few other things still happened. When battleye came out we used that in addition to sig checks. We allow a lot of common addons with sig checks, but it allows us to keep those who make client side addons that allow cheating to keep players from joining.

Use the way PogMoThoin described and the only way the banned person can come to your server again is if he uses another game-cd/cd-key

Isn't it possible to block IPs or ranges in your firewall? Doesn't firewall log show the connections made? I'm not "into" admining much, just thinking out loud here.

Process for banning a player:

- Type #userlist

- Open up the chat again and use page up or down to scroll the list and find the player you want to ban

- Remember the number IN FRONT of the players name (example: 54: Ban me (30ms))

- Type #exec ban 54

You do not need his game ID.

You're welcome (credit is mine!) :D

Signature check is for 3rd party addons. Also if you run battleye now IP's are logged in the connection log. This allows us to ban IP's if we ask our host to do so (JestServers.com)

Along with what others have suggested, now block their IP... yes they can change it but its harder/more effort than simply running a multi hack that creates a random ID.

edit: just read the post above lol.... but you don't need your ISP to block IPs.... use a firewall.

Edited by 76

Just for information, you will soon be able to permanently ban players' BattlEye GUIDs. Unlike ArmA 2's PID you cannot hack/change the BE GUID client-side because it is based on Gamespy's secure cd-key SDK and computed server-side - therefore the only way to get unbanned is to buy a new game/cd-key.

Sparta uses the #exec ban 24 and it seem to work well but we also transfer

those bans to our Uk server.

$able Great news...........:yay:

Sparta uses the #exec ban 24 and it seem to work well but we also transfer

those bans to our Uk server.

$able Great news...........:yay:

we ban over Interface...

there is a database with all player´s id´s ip´s stored so we can do a iprange ban to.

ban.png

if someone want to have access let me know.

Is that interface your own design buddy ? looks awsome.... did you mean if want access to your ban list or a copy of your interface.............. ? would love a copy of the interface.. :)

looks awsome.... would love a copy of the interface.. :)

me too!