Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH MGS wpn pack 1.1

I would love to see this happen, nice additions to some already great weapons :D

+1 from me.

Thanks Mark! It's great to know you like that, it means a lot to us, mate!

Also if you could put them all in one nice package that would make it convenient. I would love to see a pack with all of RH's weapons including handguns

We have that already. We have a single package including the M4/M16, Hk416 and SCARs. We could include pistols, too.

I really love the RH weapons. I'm glad the guys at SR5 are taking the steps to help make these weapons compatible with the ACE features. I have a different suggestion. It seems that no one who makes weapons makes them with the stock collapsed. Some people, especially in CQB situations like to have the stock collapsed all the way. If you continue to update this pack, I recommend including some CQB varients with the stock collapsed all the way and the short barrels. An example would be the Ferfrans SOAR and PDW. You can find more information on Ferfrans products here.

http://www.ferfrans.net/products.htm

th_FERFRANS_FAS.jpg

FERFRANS SOAR

th_FERFRANS_PDW.jpg

FERFRANS PDW

What are the classnames for the M4 S.I.R.S models ?

Fantastic weapon pack, :)

It would be wise to bundle all these together into a RH ACE Pack, with all the pistols, all the M4s, M16s, HK416s, SCARS, M4CUSTOMS and M14EBRS. How long is this going to take do you reckon anyways?.

Thanks Stag

It would be wise to bundle all these together into a RH ACE Pack, with all the pistols, all the M4s, M16s, HK416s, SCARS, M4CUSTOMS and M14EBRS.

Thanks Stag

That's exactly what we meant (in two of our posts, actually). I have to underline this is not affiliated with the ACE team though, which brings me back the original post (please read again just in case)..

How long is this going to take do you reckon anyways?.

Step 1 is getting an official reply from Robert Hammer and the ACE team. We don't want to step over anyone's foot.

No need to discuss step 2 without step 1 :) you do understand.

Thanks for the support!

I would like to announce that both Robert Hammer and Sickboy authorized the creation of ACE-compatible RH weapon packs.

This is indeed great news, I would like everyone to stop for a moment and not think about the "how" and the "when"..just think about these incredibly talented developers being open minded and allowing us to realize our idea.

I would like to announce that both Robert Hammer and Sickboy authorized the creation of ACE-compatible RH weapon packs.

This is indeed great news, I would like everyone to stop for a moment and not think about the "how" and the "when"..just think about these incredibly talented developers being open minded and allowing us to realize our idea.

Many thanks to Robert Hammer & Sickboy for giving their ok to this project.

albertors, will your version also be compatible with vanilla ArmA 2 or is it intended just for ACE 2?

albertors, will your version also be compatible with vanilla ArmA 2 or is it intended just for ACE 2?

RH versions are already Vanilla-compatible. Maybe I misread your post..we're only making an "ACE version" for his packages.

Sorry if I misinterpreted anything..

No problem albertors, good luck with your project. I'll wait for Robert to release an update to his pack for the vanilla version.

No problem albertors, good luck with your project. I'll wait for Robert to release an update to his pack for the vanilla version.

Why wait for an update? They already work fine...they were released for ArmA2 Vanilla...

Absolutely Jackal, I love the RH's mgs pack. The problem is there's a magazine or something missing preventing us from using it on our server. The obvious solution (as Robert pointed out) is to download the M4 pack (which cures the problem), but some of my squad mates are lazy buggers and refuse to download the additional pack. We're trying to keep downloads to a minimum or something.

Work complete!

It's being tested in this very moment.

Some weapons have a not-so-useful CQB point of view, because of the position of the GL eye in the model.

We can't go any further in improving this since we need Robert Hammer himself updating the position.

Other than this, ACE compatibility works wonderfully! Stay tuned.

Ok here is another update!

I've completed editing the configs for as much as I could. The config themselves are still being tested but everything seems to work, so far.

- Bipods (SHIFT + SPACE) work on all weapons that apply

- Overheating (jamming) works on all weapons

- Weapon weight works on all weapons and was set accordingly to the most official sources we could find

- Flashlight is still being worked on and currently disabled

- CQB works on all weapons that apply.

Robert Hammer is personally taking a look at the point of views in CQB modes in order to get the weapon in the correct line of sight during CQB (shift + f) engagements.

And will these be bundled with ACEX (to save on separate addons/downloads being needed) or will they be standalone?

Bundling with ACE is something the ACE team has to decide. We're probably going to create a seamless ACE-compatible package of these three packs, by RH:

- M4/M16

- HK416

- MGsWP (meaning Custom M4s and SCARs)

We are aware that RH made a pistol addon as well, just for the moment it's not on top of our priorities since pistol usage is somewhat limited in-game compared to the sheer damage the above packs would bring to the table ;)

Ok here is another update!

I've completed editing the configs for as much as I could. The config themselves are still being tested but everything seems to work, so far.

- Bipods (SHIFT + SPACE) work on all weapons that apply

- Overheating (jamming) works on all weapons

- Weapon weight works on all weapons and was set accordingly to the most official sources we could find

- Flashlight is still being worked on and currently disabled

- CQB works on all weapons that apply.

Robert Hammer is personally taking a look at the point of views in CQB modes in order to get the weapon in the correct line of sight during CQB (shift + f) engagements.

Bundling with ACE is something the ACE team has to decide. We're probably going to create a seamless ACE-compatible package of these three packs, by RH:

- M4/M16

- HK416

- MGsWP (meaning Custom M4s and SCARs)

We are aware that RH made a pistol addon as well, just for the moment it's not on top of our priorities since pistol usage is somewhat limited in-game compared to the sheer damage the above packs would bring to the table ;)

No M14s? :(

Other than that, sounds like you guys are doing great. Are you thinking of doing the pistol (and maybe M14 :)) pack later?

Edit: Nevermind, you already answered my question.

Edited by Chris_Hun7er

No M14s?

There will be M14s as well, yes.

Quick update:

Robert is busy for the entire week-end but he sent me all the material to start working on the eye LODs.

Just to let you guys know we're working on it, here's one of the videos from our CQB tests (the only feature left to optimize, other ACE features work).

(audio chatter you hear is from some SR5 members playing..it's not related to the test itself :))

2Akx3IY__BE

i will say these look really good on my new dea fast guys

i will say these look really good on my new dea fast guys
very cool

Thanks guys, it's great to have some morale boost at 04:03 am of a Sunday morning :)

Edit: just for the late-niters:

_Lo6GXblyFI

Edited by Reezo

Wow that's actually a pretty cool solution for cqb, I like how it looks. Can you comment on the sound mod compatibility at all? So for example the HiFi M249 noise will override the bundled noise on these 249s etc. Thanks.

Wow that's actually a pretty cool solution for cqb, I like how it looks. Can you comment on the sound mod compatibility at all? So for example the HiFi M249 noise will override the bundled noise on these 249s etc. Thanks.

Thanks..it's our personal point of view (lol no pun intended), of course.

For the moment, as you can hear, the M249 sounds are those from the RH pack. I don't know what Robert wants to do with his sounds in the pack..maybe @HiFi could be changed in order to override RH sounds in case you load it..but then this is up to Mark to decide..

omg all those words to say "dunno, sorry" :) 6am..

omg all those words to say "dunno, sorry" :) 6am..

lol no prob, I really appreciate the work you guys are doing with these. I don't even know how the sound config stuff works. I was just asking for the sake of uniformity and for those people that rely on gun noises for situational awareness, it just sounds funny when someone fires a RH M4 next to a stock M4.

I know I'm making a big deal out of this, I just care a lot about sounds plus I'm really excited to see these integrated with ACE. :)