well as there is somone who understands it can you tell me how to add it into a wave system aka 50 spawn and say 2 min later more spawn? and can it be done in say bigger numbers of zed's aka wave 1 50 wave 2 100?

Is there any way to limit/disable the audio of the infected deaths?

It seems it is triggering when the player is Bluefor, and civilians are being infected. Civilians don't have radios?

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

I think a rather REALLY Annoying thing is the "Inject Antidote" is at the Top of the list so if i change weapons, i may accidentally inject the antidote

i really wish it were at the bottom :(

oh and sorta bug: The Zed Broadcasting on your radio, even after all Zeds have been eliminated, the zombie can still be heard on the radio

I think a rather REALLY Annoying thing is the "Inject Antidote" is at the Top of the list so if i change weapons, i may accidentally inject the antidote

i really wish it were at the bottom :(

oh and sorta bug: The Zed Broadcasting on your radio, even after all Zeds have been eliminated, the zombie can still be heard on the radio

2 things that are limited by THE ENGINE, nothing can be done about it.

- player actions can`t be sorted to appear lower in the list.

- I am too lazy to develop a config for radiocfg, so the sound appears to be on the radio but is played on the player character.

But how can you actually know that the radio zed is dead? The sound only plays back with radio chatter when that character is far away from the player.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

hey charon take a look on this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9347

can you make something like that ?:)

So what benefit should this have on the mod?

It would be lots of work for little gain.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

I agree on the civilian point, i will exclude them from playing the radio message, that was a case i had not tested, as with that whole mod lol. It literally meant 1000s of tests of different scenarios.

For next update, would it be possible to let the zombies assigne standard animations from the BIS move list? This would be a large step forward, cause we could make way more unique missions with this option ^^

I agree on the civilian point, i will exclude them from playing the radio message, that was a case i had not tested, as with that whole mod lol. It literally meant 1000s of tests of different scenarios.

Oh, I understand. These things happen.

Would it be possible to include an option to turn off the audio radio messages altogether? It sorta breaks the atmosphere I'm trying to build in my mission. For that matter, is it possible to turn off the text radio messages too? Just out of curiosity.

Good work so far.

Once I finish my mission, do you want to take a look, to see how people use your mod?

Oh, I understand. These things happen.

Would it be possible to include an option to turn off the audio radio messages altogether? It sorta breaks the atmosphere I'm trying to build in my mission. For that matter, is it possible to turn off the text radio messages too? Just out of curiosity.

Okay, i will add that option as it is an easy fix.

Someone else here actually proposed that as an addition to the atmosphere lol.

Once I finish my mission, do you want to take a look, to see how people use your mod?

Sure, seeing you guy´s missions helps me to develop the things needed to make kick-ass zed mission.

I am actually creating a big campaign-like infected-mission just to find out what problems or

necessities a mission designer could run into while making such mission.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

For next update, would it be possible to let the zombies assigne standard animations from the BIS move list? This would be a large step forward, cause we could make way more unique missions with this option ^^

That would necessitate to rip the whole script structure apart and restructure it with exceptions and it would risk the disruption of the functionality which was a 4 months job to establish in the first place.

Just animate civilians or something.

Edited by Charon Productions

how can you actually know that the radio zed is dead?

oh i know, i witnessed him become infected, he was the only one on the map besides me

now onto something else, i can't imagine what the final product will be like :D

Here it is!: Undead Mod version 100.000.1 features:

Flying Bat-like infected, to counter air vehicles (Only useful in swarms, approx, 50 Flying infected can take down a helicopter or jet, when spawned, they will immedienlty take flight and migrate, picking on ground or air troops, no effect against armor).

the ability to trigger infection through the air.

added a strong zombie (To Counter Armored Vehicles, can take approx 10 shots before death, can flip armored vehicles).

added Fish-like infected (to counter swimming @ Boats, must be spawned in water! takes approx 10 infected fish to take down a RHIB Boat).

Download here: http.somethingsomethingsomethingatsomething.com

keep in mind, that is a fake quote in the spoiler, and mere speculation, but would be cool.

Ok, but therefor I would need at least civilians that exactly look like your zombies but with normal civilian behavior :(

Ok, but therefor I would need at least civilians that exactly look like your zombies but with normal civilian behavior :(

isn't there a face for the Zeds that player can set his/her face to

maybe you could set the face to that Zed Face onto a civilian with one script

While making that campaign, i noticed that the module considers zeds not getting into the safezone, but unfortunately soldier AIs INSIDE the safezone will disregard walls and stuff (of course, Arma2`s biggest annuyance) and try to run up to the zeds through walls/fences and leave the safezone which is undesirable.

So i will integrate also a script that keeps AI inside a Safezone, that the mission maker can set up with wall-triggers.

These wall-triggers will also possibly enable zeds to enter a Safezone when the gate is open AND just at that gate position where the trigger would be temporarily removed when the gate opens.

Since the safezone will play an important role in any kind of zombie infection survival mission, i concentrate on maximizing that as much as the engine limitations allow it.

Edited by Charon Productions

Just thought I'd mention my experiences with this addon in multiplayer...

Had two friends over my house, I set up a pretty simple scenario to test how much the mod hates multiplayer...

Simply 3 soldiers in the woods, nearby town with some weapon crates, rundown humvee with small amount of fuel and supposedly two infected. The major towns were home to a crowd of civis and on average a couple of infected.

Started it up, instantly on startup we all got a missing content error message popup related to the Undead Mod, but upon closing that it did not reoccur. Zombies all behaved exactly how they did in SP editor from what I saw and the whole infected town system worked fine from a quick map observation...

Ended up stopping, adding to/editing some more and then starting the mission again and again.

The whole scenario ended up as a 1-3 hour survival mission from the northern tip of Sahrani to a plane (which explodes), to Southern Sahrani on mountain bikes, boats and finally to Rahmadi.

It was lots of fun, even with my limited editor experience; cars scripted to run out of fuel at certain points, exploding fuel stations were all I had done; most of the fun came from the sheer unpredictability of the zombies (and scenario in general :P)!

Other than the small error message at the start, there were no noticable (and thus hopefully gamebreaking) errors or issues in a small LAN environment (3 human players) running a moderate scale scenario. Somewhat lower performance is to be expected, but this is easily solved with fog... Which adds to the atmosphere anyway.

Thanks for both the great addon and the experiences it creates, Charon!

Sounds good, glad you guys have fun with it.

Surprising actually since except for a few lines to keep the zed

scripts running on the server only i have not laid this out for MP at all, but

it`s cool that it works.

Tis an excellent addon for arma 2. Did a simple and slightly silly mission for multiplayer with it, works a charm. Also nice to use it with ACE2, since you get flashlights. Makes for some sexy night battles.

I know its a bit of a bloody cheek me asking, but are there any better mirrors to use then sendspace or whatever its called for those patches... i think everyone ive been in contact with in regards to this mod have enjoyed using it. Apart from the painfully slow d/l...

Keep up the great work!

Hey Charon do they respawn in this mission?

I get the first horde but they stop after that.

Is there a way to have them spawn every 2 minutes or so?

Yes there is a way. Write a script with a sleep 120; and repeat the spawn function.

Yea...

Do you mean a trigger?

I have no idea how to even get started based on what you said.

Anyway, is it your mod that makes things lag. As in when i throw a grenade it comes out then i can see a second one like deja vu. Looks like multi player lag kind of.

I noticed if you as the player character shoot too many of your own men (when they are infected) your rating will drop too much and all "friendly" soldiers will shoot at you of course. So i consider offering an optional function that keeps the player rating positive, so that this never happens.

Can you please explain how to do this?

"Yes there is a way. Write a script with a sleep 120; and repeat the spawn function."

Can you please explain how to do this?

"Yes there is a way. Write a script with a sleep 120; and repeat the spawn function."

You find your answers in here on page 11:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=838

Just read a few tutorials about scripting and you will be good to go to

understand how to write simple scripts like that.

It is easy, really.