Charon, I am talking about me trying to stop a group I place out in the wilderness from running to a town. I tried to stop them from 'migrating' to the nearest town via the script I posted, but they run off, regardless.

Ah now we got it, well the system automatically makes them "guard" the nearest town (assuming the group was spawned there) by choosing patrol waypoints IN that town. In your case the nearest town is like 1-2km away, so they will run to a patrol waypoint in that town.

So what is it that you are trying to achieve with spawning them in the wilderness? Do you want them to patrol just that area or just have them stand there, do nothing until they spot a human?

Also, your help with the moving groups once spawned was excellent! All I did was forget the 'MV', as you said. Silly me - works wonderfully, now!

Ok,cool.

Either one of those options is fine.

Like, having a single Undead Hooker, for example, stand under a streetlight, all by herself. It'd be kinda creepy. Not moving untill it detects the player.

But I am also trying to have randomly placed groups of zombies around, which, considering mission is at night with no night vision, will appear to be coming/running from some far-off hill or something, when in reality, they are standing still, unrealistically, untill the player gets close enough.

Patrolling the countryside will also work in this situation.

You get me? The migration/auto-guard counters all these ideas.

Do you want them to patrol just that area or just have them stand there, do nothing until they spot a human?

That's exactly what I want 'em to react like. How's that possible?

For now, they start moving towards my group from the beginning of the mission and we're about 5 km away from them! The next town lays in the opposite side btw.

Edited by Cyclone83

That's exactly what I want 'em to react like. How's that possible?

For now, they start moving towards my group from the beginning of the mission and we're about 5 km away from them! The next town lays in the opposite side btw.

As of now it`s not. i will have to implement that case.

You can always "send" them somewhere else (if you don`t like where they are going) with the previously discussed functions

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

is there ANY Way you could implement Female slow zeds in the future? it would be very awesome

No way that would justify the time and effort in regards to the uncommercial nature of this.

The only feasible way would be BI releasing a tool that conveniently allows the import of .fbx or other mocap data AND it`s binding to the female skeleton which is different than the male skeleton which makes it impossible to use the unofficial animation tools. But that`s not gonna happen.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Either one of those options is fine.

Like, having a single Undead Hooker, for example, stand under a streetlight, all by herself. It'd be kinda creepy. Not moving untill it detects the player.

But I am also trying to have randomly placed groups of zombies around, which, considering mission is at night with no night vision, will appear to be coming/running from some far-off hill or something, when in reality, they are standing still, unrealistically, untill the player gets close enough.

Patrolling the countryside will also work in this situation.

You get me? The migration/auto-guard counters all these ideas.

Okay, i will try to implement such case.

Looking into the functions again, i tracked down the cause for an error that occasionally

appeared where it seemed as if a zed was killed by a zed and thus it was attempted to

spawn an undead undead :D

The problem is that there is some delay between setting the variables in the script and the

unit actually having that variable available for readout and in the meantime some other script

would tag the newly spawned zed as a human, really weird.

EDIT: Alright, i have implemented that case with a new variable "CHN_UNDEAD_STATICGRP"

A group with that variable set to true will not patrol or migrate, just stand there and wait for humans

Edited by Charon Productions

The Undead V0.83 (27/01/2010):

- Resurrecting undead will now be correctly positioned

also when they resurrect inside of buildings or bridges

- Custom soldier addons will now be replaced with a generic

model belonging to the same side as the infected custom soldier

- Zedgroup count works now as intended

- Fixed a syntactical bug in the populate function

and fixed every zed spawn function so that it would spawn

zeds also if there is no zed on the map yet (createcenter issue)

- Fixed a significant bug that would cause newly spawned zeds to attack each other

because they would be declared "human" by another part of the module.

That also fixes the occasional bad vehicle type :"UNDEAD_UNDEAD_xxxxx" error

- New undead group type with the identifier variable "CHN_UNDEAD_STATICGRP"

which does not migrate or patrol but does nothing until it spots humans.

- infected soldiers will be audible over radio when they die from the infection.

- New variables :

CHN_UNDEAD_INITIALIZED : true when the module is initialized

CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDPOPUL1 : true when a town gets populated with undead

by the virtual infection system. Can be set to false again by the mission maker

if he scripts a reaction to the population process.

False at module startup

CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDPOPPOS : contains the position of the populated location

CHN_UNDEAD_ZEDPOPLOCNM : contains the name of the populated location

New function:

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRSTATZEDGRP

spawns a group of random type undead with _spawnnumber members

that does not migrate or patrol

returns: group

Download link: The Undead Mod V0.83

Ok first of good job so far am loveing the mod but am haveing problems as not so good with the hole .sqf commands yet i am trying to spawn a grp of ai on a marker from a triger later i want them to move to a marker position and when dead spawn a new wave so if any one can help you would have my thanks

example here

Grp1 = createGroup resistance; "CHN_UNDEAD_Policeman" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO1%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Rocker2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO2%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_HouseWife5" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO3%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Damsel4" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO4%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Citizen3" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO5%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Priest" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO6%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Profiteer4" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO7%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO8%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Secretary3" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO9%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Functionary2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO10%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Madam3" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO11%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO12%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"]; exit

Ok first of good job so far am loveing the mod but am haveing problems as not so good with the hole .sqf commands yet i am trying to spawn a grp of ai on a marker from a triger later i want them to move to a marker position and when dead spawn a new wave so if any one can help you would have my thanks

example here

Grp1 = createGroup resistance; "CHN_UNDEAD_Policeman" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO1%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Rocker2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO2%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_HouseWife5" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO3%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Damsel4" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO4%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Citizen3" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO5%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Priest" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO6%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Profiteer4" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO7%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO8%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Secretary3" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO9%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Functionary2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO10%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Madam3" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO11%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createunit [getMarkerPos,ambush,Grp1=this ["ECHO12%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"]; exit

i would be surprised if this works, the commands seem wrong, there is no "format"-command.

The correct syntax is :

TYPEOFZOMBIE createunit [sPAWNPOSITION,GROUPNAME,"UNITNAME = this", 1, "PRIVATE"];

or with format:

TYPEOFZOMBIE createunit [sPAWNPOSITION,GROUPNAME,format ["UNITNAME%1 = this",VARIABLE], 1, "PRIVATE"];

where VARIABLE contains a number.

example:

"CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker3" createunit [_Zombieposition,_zombiegroup,"Zombie = this", 1, "PRIVATE"];

But alternatively i would recommend you to use the functions to spawn a group as described in the documentation. ([_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP)

Hey Charon.

@Charon. I think you missed this last time i posted.

Can you make this compatible with the Ambient Traffic mod?

It seems the infected dont attack them (The civs that the module spawns).

Maybe there is a command to have the infected attack everything? For the Init or something?

Hey Charon.

@Charon. I think you missed this last time i posted.

Can you make this compatible with the Ambient Traffic mod?

It seems the infected dont attack them (The civs that the module spawns).

Maybe there is a command to have the infected attack everything? For the Init or something?

I don`t know this mod.

If it spawns civilians, they will be "tagged" by the undead module as humans and attacked, i don`t see what would prevent that.

I cannot ensure compatibility with all the mods out there, because that would necessitate me to look at the code of those mods and try to understand how they work which is a long and time-consuming process.

Ok i understand this, but is there no command to have them attack everything? Or there already programmed this way.

What if the civ's in that mod are spawned as Insurgents. Then the undead wont attack them because there on the same team right? Is there command to have them attack there own faction or am i reading to much into this?

Actually i will test again because i copied and pasted a mission to another map and that couldve messed something up.

Ok i understand this, but is there no command to have them attack everything? Or there already programmed this way.

What if the civ's in that mod are spawned as Insurgents. Then the undead wont attack them because there on the same team right? Is there command to have them attack there own faction or am i reading to much into this?

Actually i will test again because i copied and pasted a mission to another map and that couldve messed something up.

Resistance side soldiers will not be attacked nor will they attack the undead.

They are on the same "team" as you expressed it.

There is no way around that, some segments of the scripts are based on resistance side comparisons/evaluations as the zeds need to be side-based.

i would be surprised if this works, the commands seem wrong, there is no "format"-command.

The correct syntax is :

or with format:

where VARIABLE contains a number.

example:

But alternatively i would recommend you to use the functions to spawn a group as described in the documentation. ([_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP)

yea iam working off what i know that work for base armour as for your func's

i can not make sence of the parts i need to make them spawn from trigger i have even gone over the mission and cant seem to find the parts i need to make it work thats whats buging me trying reverse other peoples code there no real basic instruction for the guy not so good at code other than copy paste this code but ill carry on playing and see if i can get some thing that works

Really? Well i only made sure that the migration script run on the server only, that`s the only thing i did.

Just the virtual population part won`t work. Maybe i`ll try to replace player proximity with playerS.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

well in case of doubt use the last version.

You have to wait until the group is initialized. Don`t put it into the init line in the editor. You must add that by script, because the init EH will set it to false.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

None of both.

Put it into a script that sleeps 15 seconds upon mission start, then execute the command.

Yeah I'm pretty sure, we played your Rapid containment mission and the zombies seem to infect towns as normal. Whenever we approached a town zombies came out so it seems to work. I also made a quicky on utes which also seemed to work. There probally is something I'm missing though.

Resistance side soldiers will not be attacked nor will they attack the undead.

They are on the same "team" as you expressed it.

There is no way around that, some segments of the scripts are based on resistance side comparisons/evaluations as the zeds need to be side-based.

but you could atleast add resistance zombies, so that you get the feel that no one escaped :)

Is there any way to limit/disable the audio of the infected deaths?

It seems it is triggering when the player is Bluefor, and civilians are being infected. Civilians don't have radios?

[ambush,50,defend] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRPMV

just tryed this off a trigger and dont seem to work aka nothing spawns so can someone plz give me a basic run down of what i need to do to get these dammed things to spawn aka a step buy step guide of how do it all because i have been trying since this mod first came out and still wont work for me as i have no idea how to use the funcition calls as i can not find a guide for them

Is 'ambush' the name of something you've created? Such as a location, etc, and is 'defend' also another position?

ambush is the position i want them to spawn defend is the location i want to to move and i am useing markers to try and get the reasult but they dont spawn

How are you calling this function? Is it via a trigger?

Try replacing those markers with 'locations', under the 'game logics' tab of the unit placer in the editor. Make them named the same, though. See how that goes.

Any chance if we will see zombie/infected Razor Team units? :D

ok its because its working off game logic not on triggers thats why i couldent make it owrk ok now they spawn at last

Nah, it's because markers are handled differently to 'objects'. You get them to spawn at standard objects, move to them, etc, just not markers.