_unit = _this select 0;

Sleep 15;

_unit ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true];

Exec via nil = [this] execVM "NonMigration.sqf"; in init field.

Returns errors - what's wrong?

Hm, is it possible to set zombies on a map plus a deactivated zomby module so the zombies won't move and some time later let the module activate, so the zombies would begin hunting for humans?

Exec via nil = [this] execVM "NonMigration.sqf"; in init field.

Returns errors - what's wrong?

If you don`t state what kind of errors you get, i can`t tell you what`s wrong ;)

Apart from the inelegance to assign a value to nil .

Edited by Charon Productions

I guess I should be assigning to xhandler from now on, then?

The error says it's missing a ';', even though, from what I can tell, there is none missing? Line 4, it says.

EDIT;

Hmm, not sure, but I think it's saying the error is after _unit.

I guess I should be assigning to xhandler from now on, then?

The error says it's missing a ';', even though, from what I can tell, there is none missing? Line 4, it says.

EDIT;

Hmm, not sure, but I think it's saying the error is after _unit.

I am terribly sorry, but i don`t seem to understand what you are referring to ?

Since there is no script in the mod called "NonMigration.sqf", i assume that you have written it, but without actually seeing the entire code, i cannot possibly make a statement concerning individual command lines of it containing "EDIT;" (which is no valid Arma2 command by the way) and "_unit".

I don't recall adding 'EDIT;'?

Anyway, it is my own script; I'm trying to run the ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true]; you listed before.

I just need to run a command via script that disables the migration of a group. I've obviously messed that up. Can you post an example script?

Thanks a lot, mate.

I don't recall adding 'EDIT;'?

Anyway, it is my own script; I'm trying to run the ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true]; you listed before.

I just need to run a command via script that disables the migration of a group. I've obviously messed that up. Can you post an example script?

Thanks a lot, mate.

Just wait until the group is completely spawned, then add the command.

I just modified the init-EH of the individual zombies in a way that you can assign

the command right when creating the group. As it is now, the init-EH initializes the

group variable, so that you have to assign the command to the group when they are all

spawned.

@HateDread

Yes, if I could "unspawn" :D the existing humans at the same time which I let do the standup (raise out of their graves) animation before?

By the way, i am trying to implement now the spawn of replacement units in case the mission maker is using custom soldiers.

It has been mentioned before by some, but what kind of custom units do folks like to use for this?

EDIT: Implemented and working. West side custom units will be replaced with USMC_Soldier_Base

and east side custom units with RU_Soldier_Base

Should there be custom civilians used, they will also get replaced.

Cyclone, I'll have a crack at it. PM me what you've got so far.

No promises, and it'll be slow work, but I have no life, so oh well.

@Charon;

Ok, so I found _group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true]; where you said. I am just wondering how -you-, personally, would run this? What would -your- script look like, if you wanted to set a group to non-migration? And how would the unit's init field look? I only ask because I can't seem to get it to work.

Apologies.

Cyclone, I'll have a crack at it. PM me what you've got so far.

No promises, and it'll be slow work, but I have no life, so oh well.

@Charon;

Ok, so I found _group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true]; where you said. I am just wondering how -you-, personally, would run this? What would -your- script look like, if you wanted to set a group to non-migration? And how would the unit's init field look? I only ask because I can't seem to get it to work.

Apologies.

ok untested answer:

_loc= Put your spawn location position here ;

_locx= _loc select 0;

_locy= _loc select 1;

_group = createGroup resistance;

_spawnnumber=12;

for [{_i=0}, {_i<_spawnnumber}, {_i=_i+1}] do

{

_spawnpos=[_locx + random 3,_locy + random 3];

_rd = random ((count CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPES-1));

_inftype=CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPES select _rd;

_inftype createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];

};

sleep 2;

_group setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_HUNTS",objNull];

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_ONTHEMOVE",false];

_group setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_IS_UNDEADGRP",true];

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_ENVOYGRP",false];

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_ENVOYDEST",[0,0]];

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true];

Well if the unit already exists in the editor it is something like:

sleep 15;

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true];

Where for _group you have to put the group name of the unit in the editor.

What if it was a group you had already placed on the map?

Thanks for your answer.

What if it was a group you had already placed on the map?

Thanks for your answer.

Write Zedgrp1=group this in the units init field

and then into your "nonmigrate.sqf":

sleep 15;

Zedgrp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true,true];

Don`t use the init.sqf for it as it does not support sleeps, if i am not mistaken.

Ok, finally seems to be working!

Thank you!

Oh, and is it possible to upload the updates to sits that enable a download straight from a link, so that I can use my download planner? I can't keep updating this on-peak. I have to set it to download between 4-9am, but the website you use doesn't support it. Armaholic does, however.

Cheers.

EDIT: In 0.81, I can't set empty vehicles to explode via setdamage 1, and dropping them from 500m doesn't hurt them. Guessing this is the sorta thing you fixed in v0.82?

Ok, finally seems to be working!

Thank you!

Oh, and is it possible to upload the updates to sits that enable a download straight from a link, so that I can use my download planner? I can't keep updating this on-peak. I have to set it to download between 4-9am, but the website you use doesn't support it. Armaholic does, however.

Cheers.

EDIT: In 0.81, I can't set empty vehicles to explode via setdamage 1, and dropping them from 500m doesn't hurt them. Guessing this is the sorta thing you fixed in v0.82?

The thing is i don`t wanna bother the guys from armaholic with mini updates.

I will just make another V0.82b mini update for the custom units and then

if i collect more fixes make a bigger V0.83 that can be hosted.

About the cars, i can`t see a possible connection to the undead mod.

There is nothing in there that alters empty unused vehicles except of couse when they have been used before and attacked by zeds. That is to make it more cinematic and avoid the ridiculous case that a bunch of zeds can set your car on fire with their bare hands ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_qv8NkS9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_qv8NkS9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As can be seen in this video, the car was used and still can be set on fire by projectiles

None of both.

Put it into a script that sleeps 15 seconds upon mission start, then execute the command.

Ok, thanks for your help.

@cHARON

Can you fix the zombies that go prone?

Make it so they dont go prone unless they get there legs shot a bunch of times? For added affect drape the legs in blood if possible?

I think that, the zombies when shot in the leg abunch of times, should crawl up to a human, and preform the attack animation on the ground, hurting (And Infecting) survivors :)

Maybe if enough zombies surround your car they should be able to flip it over, that seems more realistic than making it explode, but probably much harder to implement.

Two more questions...

In an infected group leader's init; Zedgrp1 = group this; and in a script being executed at the start;

Sleep 15;

Zedgrp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true];

Zedgrp2 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true];

Zedgrp3 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true];

And, obviously, I have two more groups also with "____ = group this" in their init fields. The groups still run off to the towns?

Also, when spawning a group through the Undead functions, how do I;

A) Get the spawned group, via the 'create group then moveto' function of yours, to move towards the players position?

B) Spawn as a non-migrating group?

This is simply to go in a trigger. At the moment I use [busAmbush,2,Player] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP;, but that spawns 2 infected that don't go to the player, but instead migrate.

Cheers.

Maybe if enough zombies surround your car they should be able to flip it over, that seems more realistic than making it explode, but probably much harder to implement.

It does not explode ?! That is prevented by script.

Flipping it over should be possible, will see.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Two more questions...

In an infected group leader's init; Zedgrp1 = group this; and in a script being executed at the start;

And, obviously, I have two more groups also with "____ = group this" in their init fields. The groups still run off to the towns?

Also, when spawning a group through the Undead functions, how do I;

A) Get the spawned group, via the 'create group then moveto' function of yours, to move towards the players position?

B) Spawn as a non-migrating group?

This is simply to go in a trigger. At the moment I use [busAmbush,2,Player] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP;, but that spawns 2 infected that don't go to the player, but instead migrate.

Cheers.

Okay, you keep making that observation. I will have to go back and test that. Please understand that there is literally hundreds of different cases and features that i had/have to test, that`s why it is still beta.

I had a look into the functions and found that i had done the same mistake.

I have assigned the variable to the group prior to spawning the individual zombies that would in the init-EHs overwrite the migration variable. It will be fixed in the next update.

The command as you posted it, is like it is supposed to work.

EDIT: No it`s actually not , it`s named differently:

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber,_movepos] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRPMV

The one you posted just spawns them, the "MV" suffix makes them move.

EDIT2:

I just realize that we might have a misunderstanding. With migrate do you mean that the whole group

(_spawnnumber members) migrates, or do you talk about a single zed (An Envoy) that moves to the next town? Because the envoy system is still in place, just that spawned group itself will not migrate and "guard" the town.

I just tested it again and that spawned group stays in the town (as with the changes i made for V0.83)

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

@cHARON

Can you fix the zombies that go prone?

Make it so they dont go prone unless they get there legs shot a bunch of times? For added affect drape the legs in blood if possible?

Can`t be fixed, it`s hard-coded that a unit goes prone when damaged too much and the conditions when that happens are not accessible.

Personally i see that happen only like in 1 zed of 100 that it goes prone due to damage.

Hey Charon.

Can you make this compatible with the Ambient Traffic mod?

It seems the infected dont attack them (The civs that the module spawns).

Maybe there is a command to have the infected attack everything? For the Init or something?

Charon, I am talking about me trying to stop a group I place out in the wilderness from running to a town. I tried to stop them from 'migrating' to the nearest town via the script I posted, but they run off, regardless.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Also, your help with the moving groups once spawned was excellent! All I did was forget the 'MV', as you said. Silly me - works wonderfully, now!

Cheers.