Arma2`s weakest spot is the display of animations.

Sometimes they don`t play, sometimes they get stuck, sometimes they only play halfway through. Nothing can be done about that, it`s BI`s animation playback code that causes those problems, unfortunately

Just curious, what functions are missing for MP? So far I've had a blast with MP, and I think 99% of the people playing this wants it for MP purposes. So even if your time for development is tight, I think if anything you should focus on making the MP have less bugs, since I think it's where people will play it the most.

Well you think i SHOULD focus on MP, but as i have dozens of times before, i don`t have the test environment to even think about modifying the modules for MP. So it`s not gonna happen.

And when i read something like this:

We didn't test the infection spread, etc... but its not necessary in MP. The important thing is that Zombie and Undead are working in Multiplayer, just like they did in OFP and Arma I.

Then i am asking myself why should i even bother making the complete functionality work in MP, as most MP nuts only wanna shoot some zeds without challenge and story and additional features. :confused:

@That Guy;

If you can set up a Zombie spawn script that activates when zombie count is less than a certain amount, and give them a 'moveto' command, you can create this 'challenge' (:

Great mod, only suggestion would be a way for zombies to damage vehicles. Once you get to a vehicle you're pretty much invincible.

Also when playing as a civilian, zombies rarely notice you, even when independents are set to be against everyone, although I'm not sure that's something you can fix.

@WMike;

Not sure yet man, I'm still working on it.

@Charon;

What do we list your mod as in map names? UM (like ACE is, etc)?

Great mod, only suggestion would be a way for zombies to damage vehicles. Once you get to a vehicle you're pretty much invincible.

Yes this will be great if implemented,in one of the missions I''ve made,the antidote case was near the statue in Chernogorsk and I was racing on a dirtbike to that location.I got out grabbed the antidote and was soon swarmed by zeds but when I got on the dirtbike I could enjoy the view since all of the infected were just running around doing nothing.

Also when playing as a civilian, zombies rarely notice you, even when independents are set to be against everyone, although I'm not sure that's something you can fix.

The joke is that they actually DO damage vehicles except tank classes, so i don`t know what happened in your case or in that motorcycle case. Could be the lag.

The vehicles will just not be destroyed but rendered immobile.

What do we list your mod as in map names? UM (like ACE is, etc)?

I used UND_ before, maybe that would be a good convention.

I had the idea for a while to introduce an experimental substance that would in fact completely reverse the infection even when a human is already an infected for some time.

It could be used in special projectiles to be fired at infected that would revert back to being a human or in a syringe.

Edited by Charon Productions

Well if your in a Gunners Seat your almost guaranteed sure victory.

That idea of yours would be so awesome. Like use the CZ 550 and give it certain rounds that bring back the zombies to a human state. Sweet!

Another thing I noticed and its a pretty big deal is sometimes when you switch from a character that's infected to one that isn't, they scream and the blood spatter comes out and they become infected even if they aren't near a zombie...Which brings me to another bug similar to that, sometimes you will get randomly infected. Not even close to a zombie, but you will keep getting damage as if your being attacked, then you die soon after. This happens randomly sometimes, alot of times when your on something elevated. I was in a huge tower once in Chernogorsk(?) and I stepped down onto some sort of square metal pipe and randomly I got attacked and was infected then eventually died from continuous attacks. No zombies tho. Gets quite annoying.

Well if your in a Gunners Seat your almost guaranteed sure victory.

That idea of yours would be so awesome. Like use the CZ 550 and give it certain rounds that bring back the zombies to a human state. Sweet!

Another thing I noticed and its a pretty big deal is sometimes when you switch from a character that's infected to one that isn't, they scream and the blood spatter comes out and they become infected even if they aren't near a zombie...Which brings me to another bug similar to that, sometimes you will get randomly infected. Not even close to a zombie, but you will keep getting damage as if your being attacked, then you die soon after. This happens randomly sometimes, alot of times when your on something elevated. I was in a huge tower once in Chernogorsk(?) and I stepped down onto some sort of square metal pipe and randomly I got attacked and was infected then eventually died from continuous attacks. No zombies tho. Gets quite annoying.

The variables are related to the player unit, so character switching seems to unfortunately affect the switched unit.

So you are saying that you received damage when there was absolutely no zombie near you (let`s say 50m radius) ?!?!?

I have made hundreds if not thousands of test runs and never experienced something like that. If the lag is big sometimes it appears as if you have been hit out of nowhere when having passed a zed for 10 seconds.

Can anyone else confirm this happening to him too?

Edited by Charon Productions

The variables are related to the player unit, so character switching seems to unfortunately affect the switched unit.

So you are saying that you received damage when there was absolutely no zombie near you (let`s say 50m radius) ?!?!?

I have made hundreds if not thousands of test runs and never experienced something like that. If the lag is big sometimes it appears as if you have been hit out of nowhere when having passed a zed for 10 seconds.

Can anyone else confirm this happening to him too?

Yeah it's happened to me twice I believe. The first time was when I made a custom mission, just testing stuff out in the editor. Similar to what happened to the other guy, I was playing as a rifleman and got killed by zeds, then I team switched to another guy across the map, and kept getting hit randomly in the middle of a base. The second time I was playing around on that rapidcontainment mission of yours (Fun mission by the way). And when I was flying in the chopper after "disinfecting = p" the first town, I heard my guy scream, then it started the infection count down, so I healed myself. I'm pretty sure no one was infected in the chopper. Then just for fun I ejected out of the chopper in a open field, then after walking for a bit I got hit again, and the count down started, no zombies in sight. If it means anything both times it happened were before the update, and the first time was on sahrani. I may or may not of being using ACE, I'm always turning mods on and off, don't remember.

Yeah it's happened to me twice I believe. The first time was when I made a custom mission, just testing stuff out in the editor. Similar to what happened to the other guy, I was playing as a rifleman and got killed by zeds, then I team switched to another guy across the map, and kept getting hit randomly in the middle of a base. The second time I was playing around on that rapidcontainment mission of yours (Fun mission by the way). And when I was flying in the chopper after "disinfecting = p" the first town, I heard my guy scream, then it started the infection count down, so I healed myself. I'm pretty sure no one was infected in the chopper. Then just for fun I ejected out of the chopper in a open field, then after walking for a bit I got hit again, and the count down started, no zombies in sight. If it means anything both times it happened were before the update, and the first time was on sahrani. I may or may not of being using ACE, I'm always turning mods on and off, don't remember.

Maybe it`s caused by ACE, i have never run it with the Undead mod and as i said never got hit out of the blue, otherwise i would have traced the cause for such a case.

Yeah its generally after I passed by a zombie, then I get hit 10 to 20 seconds later.

But sometimes it is really totally random or impossible.

Like theres no way a zombie could hit me 50 feet above the ground on a metal roof even if it is right underneath me. Is that just an unfixable issue?

Maybe it`s caused by ACE, i have never run it with the Undead mod and as i said never got hit out of the blue, otherwise i would have traced the cause for such a case.

Yeah probally is that. Still it rarely has happened, and works fine any how. By the way, sorry to ask, but how did you get your undead song avaliable in triggers without having to use description.ext in the mission folder? I've searched around a little but I can only find it by the description.ext method, which bugs me as it doesn't always work, and if you pause the game and resume it during a song, or revert to that point, there will be no music. Your method however seems to work alot better.

i don't know if its me or not but, the Zombies seem to take Chernarus by storm, while the Infected seem to have a hard time taking chernarus

It`s exactly the same scripts concerning migration for both slow and fast zeds.

_mhpos=position ZedSpawn1;

_spgrp2 = createGroup resistance;

"CHN_UNDEAD_Policeman" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO1%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Rocker2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO2%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_HouseWife5" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO3%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Damsel4" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO4%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Citizen3" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO5%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Priest" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO6%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Profiteer4" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO7%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO8%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Secretary3" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO9%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Functionary2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO10%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Madam3" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO11%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO12%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];

sleep 13;

CHN_ZEDINFCLD=false;

Wsupnum=Wsupnum+1;

Charon, I just don't understand some of this script. How does it work?

These parts;

format ["ECHO1%1 = this",Wsupnum],
CHN_ZEDINFCLD=false;

Wsupnum=Wsupnum+1;

Two scripts, first is run on a trigger when player enters the Bluefor base;

SpawnNum = random 3;

If (SpawnNum == 1) then

{

East = 1;

West = 0;

North = 0;

};

If (SpawnNum == 2) then

{

East = 0;

West = 1;

North = 0;

};

If (SpawnNum == 3) then

{

East = 1;

West = 0;

North = 0;

};

publicVariable "SpawnNum";

publicVariable "East";

publicVariable "West";

publicVariable "North";

player sidechat "Check 1";

if (East == 1) then execVM "SpawnEast.sqf";

if (West == 1) then execVM "SpawnWest.sqf";

if (North == 1) then execVM "SpawnNorth.sqf";

It then executes one of the scripts, which is intended to spawn a group at one of three markers; East, West, or North.

This is for a random spawn, at one of three positions, with a sleep timer in the first script, or second, so that I can control the 'attack' by the infected.

Wanting the three scripts to each spawn a group at its respective marker. The first script will include a count of the infected, via one of your module's variables, to keep it above a certain number.

Sorry for cluttering.

Two scripts, first is run on a trigger when player enters the Bluefor base;

It then executes one of the scripts, which is intended to spawn a group at one of three markers; East, West, or North.

This is for a random spawn, at one of three positions, with a sleep timer in the first script, or second, so that I can control the 'attack' by the infected.

Wanting the three scripts to each spawn a group at its respective marker. The first script will include a count of the infected, via one of your module's variables, to keep it above a certain number.

Sorry for cluttering.

You could alternatively use a V0.81 function to do that.

It`s called CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRP and is documented in the archive.