Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

a small question don't know if its een asked before but 65 pages is a lot to read :p

can the module be made so the player can set the troop types to spawn within the game (i play in different time areas and i need to change the unit array every time to make it fitting ( example is that i get 2010 US soldiers in a blackhawk hovering the vietnam battlefield in 1970 ) so maybe make iyt so the player can set the array in the module it self ?

EDIT: Oh, wait, you said, "within the game". ?

I will look into that.

IF, for instance, you are talking about the units changing with the load of different missions in a campaign, I guess you could do it if you call the MM with the load of each mission, and the MM has been changed/named to match that mission.

EDIT: I have read your post a few times. I think it would be easier if you clarified. I.E., do you mean for dif, single missions? Then, yes, sure. You could have an @MMviet folder for the 1970 mission. But, someone with good scripting knowledge can prob tell you how use dif arrays within the hpp file according to what mission loaded.

Edited by CyOp

i hope this thread is still active. I've got the following problem with the module in mp especialy the proman crcti.

I've extracted the .pbo from the cti, opened the map in the editor and added the module and synced it with one of the units. (well, me.)

when i try to start the cti, it loads everything till a special point and stops. all I see is a black window with the clock and the compass on it.

it seems that the mm module hangs somewhere and stops the cti to load.

i hope to find some help here, after trying to fix the source since 9 hours without a real knowledge of the arma scripting language (i am a software programmer).

is there a newer version than the beta_8 out?

greets

avdrush.

I have tried using the script version of the mod, created a Game Logic and synct with the players. However, when I went to test, I did not get the option to call for the Medevac copter. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help would be nice. I can provide the .pbo file of the mission that I am using upon request.

Hi Goliath,

I have managed to get your scripts working PERFECTLY in my mission, but have stumbled upon an issue.

On locally hosted machine there is no problem, but on a dedi server I am getting TWO medevac helicopters placed on the starting position.

Also is there a way to make the RED smoke the FIRST smoke in your inventory. I have found that if I already have one white smoke then the red is the second smoke I must throw.

Cheers mate!

hi.

question:

is there a way to disable this mod once i've used it?

I mean, I'd like to add the possibility to call for medevac, but only once in the mission. how can I do it?

I don't want to destroy the chopper.

but what do you mean "remove the addaction" ? if I synchronize the medevac module to my player, I don't have any "addaction".

can you be more specific please?

Ahhhh I use the script version and I can remove the action menu "Call Medevac" at any time. I'm sure that you could put it on a trigger to activate only once.

ok.

but I have the 1.0 version, and there is no script version...or is there? If yes, I can't find it... Can you tell me? or are you using an old version of this medevac module?

I'm not sure how Goliath got that version to me. I must have asked for it one time. It certainly means that I don't need addons in my mission, at a cost of higher mission filesize. I don't use the sound files inside the addon, as they are very big.

I'm not sure WHAT version I have, but it works :) I control the medevac call using Das Attorney's ARD (great little dialog there !)

ok.

so, could you plz upload this script so that I can dl it? instead of using the module. that way, I could use the medevac module only once in my mission.

hey guys, I need your advice regarding this medevac scripts..

I want to replace this line in my medevac.sqf:

// Wait till the player's group is in the helo.
waitUntil{{_x in MedEvac} count units group _unit == count units group _unit};

Basically I want the helo to take off as soon as either the wounded guy in the medevac gives the go signal somehow or the squadleader gives the go signal without having to come along (either via a mousewheel function or radio delta) ..instead of the helo to wait for the entire group to board the helo (since the entire group is not K.O. they don't need to come along either, right?)

I don't know how to put into code. Can someone help me with this?

p.s.: it's from kylania's planned extraction script (modified to a medevac extraction script. most of the script is the same, just some minor adjustments i.e. choppertype and such). kylania, you around? got any solid code advice for a code-rookie like me?

Edited by Bulldog Six

I cannot see that this is fully MP compatible as it will not load in MP on a dedi server or as a script in the mission... good to go in SP though. I have followed the directions and even dePbo'd the module with all the same result. Is there an updated version besides the v1.0... has anyone else had this same problem. If someone has a working version that would want to share with me, please PM me.

Thanks

Edited by VRCRaptor

update to last comment, I am not able to get this to work in any Domination match or in the MSO type game styles... I can however get it to work within a single mission to test on a dedicated server... anybody have any ideas as to the reason why? the module is built all the same on all 3 platforms and still only one will work as it should. I have tried to use the script version and the module addon with the same result. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

VRCRaptor

Correction, I can get it to work in Domination ACE defaults, not edited content, but still not able to get it to work with the MSO system defaults. troubling... this is such as good script/module to use...

Edited by VRCRaptor

can't get it to work..

When I use the command, the chopper won't show up??

And the player doesn't have a smoke grenade either.

I use OA.

Edited by ViV

MSO now has its own CASEVAC module. Try it and see if it works for you. Its probably not as advanced as the MEDEVAC module.

If you do get the MEDEVAC addon working with MSO - please let us know over at Dev Heaven!

Thanks

Tup

I cannot see that this is fully MP compatible as it will not load in MP on a dedi server or as a script in the mission... good to go in SP though. I have followed the directions and even dePbo'd the module with all the same result. Is there an updated version besides the v1.0... has anyone else had this same problem. If someone has a working version that would want to share with me, please PM me.

Thanks

I can also confirm that this does not work on a dedicated server. Works very well in single player however so kudos there!

Edited by [KH]Jman

hi goliath.

I really like your medevac module, but there is a just one things that annoys me a bit:

the ability to call in medevac seems endless.

is there a way to make it happens only once? I'd like to use it in a mission I'm doing, and I want to use your medevac module so that the player can call for it, but only once.

How can I do it? Can you give me a tip please?

Or if someone knows how to do it, I'd like to know, thanks.

At the risk of calling down the wrath of the forum lords for opening an old thread.....

Has anyone ever successfully ported this over to ArmA III? Alternatively, is there a similiar or perhaps identical script/mod for ArmA III?