Sign in to follow this  

Now that I think of it, the Dutch military also has a camo specifically meant for jungle environments, this one:

th_20090203gabond060903ge1029_tcm46-12.jpg

th_20090203gabond060903ge1064_tcm46-12.jpg

th_AirassaultbrigadearetraininginAfric.jpg

th_dutch_army_jungle_camo.jpg

th_dutch_army_jungle_camo_field_jacket.jpg

However, I am not sure if the Marines use it. But the Army and Luchtmobiel (Air Mobile) does use it, during trainings at least. The Marines should be equipped with C8's (or if that's not possible, M4's).

I need to sort the pics that I have of the Korps Mariniers before I can send them to you, please be patient. ;]

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

Now that I think of it, the Dutch military also has a camo specifically meant for jungle environments, this one:

However, I am not sure if the Marines use it. But the Army and Luchtmobiel (Air Mobile) does use it, during trainings at least. The Marines should be equipped with C8's (or if that's not possible, M4's).

I need to sort the pics that I have of the Korps Mariniers before I can send them to you, please be patient. ;]

I had noticed that i may do a little addon with some jungle guys in it but they will most likely be BIS reskins.

I had noticed that i may do a little addon with some jungle guys in it but they will most likely be BIS reskins.

I remember sending you a jungle camo texture some time ago but never got that pm answered so wonder if you got it:rolleyes:

Would be cool to have some of those units.

VERY EARLY WIP OF THE DUTCH MARINES...

dutchmarinesaeneas2020e.th.jpg

still ned refs in regards to body armor and pouches and also what helmets they wear (putting them in standard dutch helmets for now with US style woodland camo) but have thrown the odd DPM helmet in there for good measure.

Also have some guys like the pics from afghanistan in the works with the guys with the mich type helmets looking bad ass. those guys to come soon.

dutchafganmarine2.th.jpg

A marine and dutch soldier chat while on guard duty in afghanistan...

Edited by Aeneas2020

lol, that guy in the second picture on the right looks FAMILIAR. nahh i'm just kidding. good stuff man, as usual.

lol, that guy in the second picture on the right looks FAMILIAR. nahh i'm just kidding. good stuff man, as usual.

thats coz i b a pirate!

in all seriousness as bink well knows i have full permission to use models from original author :P

Edited by Aeneas2020

Hey man, sorry for not getting back to you, was busy (will send you the pics soon). I think they look very good so far!

The desert Marine thing is a bit tricky... most of the pics I've seen of Marines in Afghanistan they actually wear woodland camo. :j:Why they aren't wearing the usual Army desert camo I don't know. Perhaps you can give them M4' (C8's prefered of course ;) ), most of them carry C8's from the pics I've seen of them in Afghanistan.

You can also consider giving some of them gaiters (those things that prevent water and pebbles from entering your boots) like in some of the recent Afghanistan pics. Although I'm not sure if that is possible with the 3D model.

Yeah, the odd DPM helmet cover is a good idea.

Really, I think they're excellent so far. Good job guys.

Ok need more help, do the marines wear the dutch flag on their arms? Also honest opinion time: im looking at the webbing the way i have it right now (basically an extra model added onto the helmet) and im wondering if it didnt look better when i just had it set as a normal map in v2...with as tight as u guys wear ur webbing i cud probs get it looking better with a normal map, what do you think?

marines don't wear flags, also I agree with the webbing that it was better with normal mapping instead of that extra model.

Those units look great already mate, think you've got the real marine look there.

DUTCH MARINES WIP UPDATE

Worked On Helmets A Lot MORE

Also little suprise...see if you can tell what it is ;) (Thanks Raven DK!)

dutchmarinesday2wipa.th.jpg

dutchmarinesday2wipb.th.jpg

dutchmarinesday2wipc.th.jpg

dutchmarinesday2wipdsho.th.jpg

dutchmarinesday2wipdsho.jpg

also a little banner for my WIP lol

p.s. in case you didnt notice the suprise was diemaco C8s courtesy of Raven DK and the DDAM mod.

Thanks Aeneas,

They look great, got the Marine look for sure with those Diemaco's.

Keep it up:)

Looking great as usual :)

And my preference goes out to the 3d webbing on the helmet instead of a flat normal map. Looks better imo, because though it is tight, it still sticks out enough to warrant a 3d version.

Besides it adds some more personality to the units as well i think :)

well ive flattened the webbing out significantly and as you can see it is place more accurately on the helmet now, im pretty happy with it as it is... :D thanks for the feedback, it looks like i wont be converting to normals after all.

more questions. does the marine badge appear on both arms or just the left one and also do you guys use any C7s at all or is it all C8s (army and marines i mean now)!

Yeah i did notice the webbing to be more flat, and it looks good.

I definitely prefer that over a normal.

About the weapons, the Army uses Diemaco C7 as primary weapon, while the Commando's and apparently Marines too (i dont have much knowledge on the Marines) mainly use the C8.

Thanks for the info, will get the configs worked up tonite.

hey aeneas2020 nice job on those marines.. i like them!

if i may ask. :)

wich types of marines can we expect from u in the future ?

hey aeneas2020 nice job on those marines.. i like them!

if i may ask. :)

wich types of marines can we expect from u in the future ?

Im not sure what u mean exactly? I plan to add more of the guys with the regular helmets and also do some vest variants. I also hope to add some guys with MIH typle helmets as seen in Aghanistan.

Aeneas, Bink, great work again.

Re: the Marine's helmet, I found this in my picture collection:

th_AllmarineswhoarepartoftheTFUcompany.jpg

I often change a picture's filename into the caption that goes with it, and for this pic it's this:

"All marines who are part of the TFU company now have the rabintex helmet with NVG mount (no helmet strap), a C8 with aimpoint, elcan & surefire"

So apparently, this is the helmet they wear in Afghanistan. Source is a post in the Dutch Military thread at MilitaryPhotos.net, so definitely not the most reliable source, but it does look like the helmet they use (I'm not a helmet expert though).

I googled a bit and found that it's the following helmet: "Rabintex RBH 303".

More pics here:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=Rabintex%20RBH%20303&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Rabintex site

You can see the same pic on that page, it links to a site about the Australian military.

Let's see if it is indeed the same helmet:

http://img9.abload.de/img/d100301hw1080_a_tcm46-rsh4.jpg

http://img9.abload.de/img/d100301hw1094_a_tcm46-usla.jpg

Looks like the same?

Also Aeneas, you keep writing about the MICH type helmet, but can you show me which pics you mean? I've never seen Marines wear that type of helmet.

EDIT: yes, the Korps Mariniers badge only appears on the left side.

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

Hmmm, now that I've googled that helmet, they do look very much alike. I wasn't aware of this fact at all. I guess that is the helmet Rabintex based their helmet on, indeed. The question is, what's the difference between the two?

there is very little difference between the two from a purely aesthetic stand point, at least in sor far as my modding, or modelling will take me :) so thats fine i can tweak the mich helmet i have to suit :D

p.s. could also use information on the squad make up of Dutch Marines, how many in a squad and what roles etc.

Edited by Aeneas2020

Im not sure what u mean exactly? I plan to add more of the guys with the regular helmets and also do some vest variants. I also hope to add some guys with MIH typle helmets as seen in Aghanistan.

i mean like the dutch SBS marines or UIM units

these are outdated but similar to the current units:

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/data/4757/medium/uim1.jpg

this is a current pictures of them in a public demonstration:

http://blogs.rnw.nl/vredeenveiligheid/files/2009/12/uim-team-foto-hans-de-vreij.jpg

they would be nice for CQB missions,

specialy with OA coming soon...

dont get me wrong im allready as excited as a little kid with the units u allready made,

and im not a texture or modeling expert wat so ever but,

i know for a fact how much time and evort it takes to make such wonderfull addons

(i "was" a Map and enviroment builder but on other engines..)

it would make the dutch marines pack more complete like the Russian Federation units or

SchnapsdroSel's "Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps"