Jelliz's missions (SP)

Should i make missions for ACE?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should i make missions for ACE?

• Yes
    • No

The lost battalion:

bafpic.jpg

The British 2nd Para are moving to evacuate civilians from the Shapur Industrial area, going up against a Takistani battalion which is cut-off from the rest of the army, and utterly desperate.

Download:

Filefront - v/1.1

Armaholic - v/1.1

StrategyInformer.com - v/1.1

Combined Operations possibly required. BAF obviously needed.

All along the watchtower:

The USMC are moving to clear out the Russian presence around Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain. Set in an alternate reality where the XM8 project wasnt scrapped, and it became the service rifle of the USMC, you will experience the harshness of war through the eyes of Cpl. Sheldon Grimes.

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15462009/gdvsbsg.Chernarus.rar

Armaholic mirror:

- All along the watchtower

No addons required!

Aleksei's War:

"Since 2009, when NAPA first seized power in South-Zagoria and declared independency, they have chased the russian settlers out of the area. Those who have refused to relocate have been killed or imprisoned. The Russian Federation have now decided to go in to stabilize the region after the CDF failed to do so 6 months ago. We have gotten far on our way."

Episode 1 - The first strike:

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15403059/gdvbse.Chernarus.rar -Updated v1.3

Armaholic mirror:

- Episode 1 - The first strike -Updated v1.1

Episode 2 - Cannon fodder:

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15358493/gdvbse2.Chernarus.rar - Updated v1.1

Armaholic mirror:

- Episode 2 - Cannon fodder - Updated v1.1

Episode 3 - Uprising:

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15343053/gdvbs3.Chernarus.rar -v1.0

Armaholic mirror:

- Episode 3 - Uprising -v1.0

Episode 4 - Uprising continued:

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15358473/gdvbse4.Chernarus.rar -v1.0

Armaholic mirror:

- Episode 4 - Uprising continued -v1.0

No addons required!

Probably not compatible with AI altering mods, and ACE2

Feedback appreciated!:)

Edited by Jelliz

Played the first one last night & enjoyed it, really atmospheric & well presented, I left a comment on the armaholic link :) looking forward to playing part 2 after work! any way of linking them all to one campaign once you have made all the missions?

I've played the first mission, it was good :) Nice quick mission to set up the story and setting, and still had a good dose of action. Also, as trickster said, great atmosphere.

I was a bit dissapointed when my buddy didn't set off the charges as we left the scene, but of course explosions aren't always necessary. :p

I've only just started to play the 2nd, but already looking forward to more.

Personally i like the missions where i'm not leading a squad, i would rather just get told where to go and follow without having to focus on issuing orders.

Hopefully there are a few more like that in amongst the series of episodes you'll be releasing.

Any idea how many episodes will be released in total?

Anyway, back to assaulting those damn NAPA.

Played the first one last night & enjoyed it, really atmospheric & well presented, I left a comment on the armaholic link :) looking forward to playing part 2 after work! any way of linking them all to one campaign once you have made all the missions?

Ill probably compile them when the series is finished/when im out of ideas.:p

As pointed out by someone else in the comment section on Armaholic, these missions are NOT compatible with ACE2. And i will not make them compatible either as i wish to spend more time on expanding the series as i get new ideas.

Not that i have anything against ACE2, but to me it seems like all the new missions are made with mods, and i am not finished exploring the vanilla game and its possibilities.:p

Played both missions with Group Link 4 Mod and it was very good :)

Very atmospheric missions. Good work. Thanks.

Not that i have anything against ACE2, but to me it seems like all the new missions are made with mods, and i am not finished exploring the vanilla game and its possibilities.:p

Very good point, thats one of the reasons I really enjoyed the "chesty puller" campaign, no add ons or mods required! Mods are cool but sometimes you just want to play instead of downloading a load of stuff & tweaking things to get it working right.

Il give your next installment a go later! :cool:

Played the first mission, and it was good !

Really have to say thanks for making missions without addons, there's a lot of possibilities with vanilla arma when people just use little imagination !

Looking forward playing the second mission !

Thanks again.

Very good missions! Thank you and Congratulations

I'm waiting for the next!

Episode 3 released =)

Let me know about any bugs with these missions, so i can fix them as i work on episode 4.

Nice small missions Jelliz!

Episode 1 - The first strike

- add 3-5 units standing and sitting (talking) around close to the first objective

- let the own AI teamleader cover the streets until players job is finished, the AI isnt operating that good in buildings

- mentioned vehicles didnt appear, perhaps add instead a small infantry support group

Episode 2 - Cannon fodder

Intro - dont place any units directly behind a firing tank ;)

Mission

- place the own tanks away so they can roll in and take out the targets by surprise

- place 2-3 snipers on the roofs of buildings

- raise a alarm and move infantry groups from the port to the LZ

- add a ZU-23 or/and AA units which must be elimated before the helicopter moves through the LZ

- order the player to a good + save position in front of the HQ so he doesnt get killed by explosion

Would be nice to see more narrative intro's/outro's = storyline. :)

add 3-5 units standing and sitting (talking) around close to the first objective

Good suggestion!

let the own AI teamleader cover the streets until players job is finished, the AI isnt operating that good in buildings

I know, this will be in the update.

mentioned vehicles didnt appear, perhaps add instead a small infantry support group

They wont always appear due to them getting stuck or sumthin. Im working on a workaround.

Episode 2 - Cannon fodder

Intro - dont place any units directly behind a firing tank

Are you using ACE2? if so check out my previous posts.

- place 2-3 snipers on the roofs of buildings

- raise a alarm and move infantry groups from the port to the LZ

Would slow down the mission. I tried something like that but the group spreads out and eventually go way off mission course.The AI doesnt behave very well in large city battles. EDIT: the battles will get bigger during the course of the series. These first missions are mostly building up story-wise.

- add a ZU-23 or/and AA units which must be elimated before the helicopter moves through the LZ

This was done in episode 1=)

- order the player to a good + save position in front of the HQ so he doesnt get killed by explosion

The explosion wont harm the player. I made the player immortal in that exploding second since i am not a good cutscenescripter and i wanted the player close up during the blast:P

Edited by Jelliz

- not using ACE2

- ok, but snipers are a "must" in this area

- lets say there could be a hidden stationary ZU-23 and 2 or 3 AA units ;)

- meh, dont take this immortal stuff its not nice if you got blown up and in the next mission the character is still alive.

Just played the second mission through, nicely done again! I didnt stick around to see how big the counter attack was, as soon as I saw trees falling in the distance I knew armour was on the way, I ran like a girl! :p Would have been a little better if the mission didnt cut off before you reach the LZ, I was getting excited about having to hold them off with the other squad!

Well done though, hope you carry on making missions!theres been a big SP drought on here recently!

Nice stuff so far ! Great athmosphere in the 3rd mission !

In the 2nd mission i didnt wait for the counter attack either, i just jumped in the nearest car and drove like a madman to the chopper LZ :)

Waiting for new mission already, keep em coming

You really need to move the Tank away at Mission start. He keeps killing my Comrade^^

You really need to move the Tank away at Mission start. He keeps killing my Comrade^^

I dont seem to be able to reproduce your problem. Is he being run over by the tank or something?

Just played through 2 lastnight and hopefully will have time to play the 3rd tonight.

I wasn't playing with ACE2 but i could see how that tank at the start would cause problems for people using it. :p

My only issue with this mission was the couple of enemies standing out on the balcony of the building in the distance (towards the end of the mission) don't seem to fire back. We may of just killed them too quickly but they didn't appear to be trying to get to cover or raise their gun. Not a big issue anyway :).

The explosion at the end was nice and caught me by surprise. I didn't stay for the counter-attack either - I took out 2 men running my way then before i could get the other(s?) i heard the armour approaching and like the other posters i decided to do my roadrunner act and get outa there.

3rd mission sounds good too, sniper v sniper. :D

Keep up the good work mate, looking forward to more.

Do you have ACE? Ace introduces the Overpreassure Effect for Tank Canons. It may kill you if you are to close to the Tank when he fires. So the poor Nikita (The Squad Leader) Dies everytime right on Mission start when the Tank starts to fire

Do you have ACE? Ace introduces the Overpreassure Effect for Tank Canons. It may kill you if you are to close to the Tank when he fires. So the poor Nikita (The Squad Leader) Dies everytime right on Mission start when the Tank starts to fire

Nah, i dont have ACE, and the missions arent made for ACE. See my posts on page 1. I dont want to use ACE as it seems like all the latest user missions are made for ACE, and those who dont use ACE are left with nothing:p

Good idea to make the missions work first without any or small addon/mod dependency. But I have to agree that standing close to a firing tank looks unrealistic. Perhaps place them only a few meters away and most people are happy. Simple solution. :)

Yeah, thats what I suggest.^^

And by the Way, you should really try ACE

Episode 4 added, episode 1 and 2 updated.

Edit: meant episode 1 and 2, not 2 and 3 :p

Edited by Jelliz

Thanks will give episode4 a go. I liked the first 3 to, small instant action missions.

I like the fact that no addons are required, especialy Ace (breaks my ability to load save games, which isn't very usefull in SP games) ;)

Edited by Herr_kalashnikov

Just played 3 and 4 - Great work once again, Jelliz. :)

No bugs to report, played fine from start to finish for me.

What were the updates made to ep 1 and 2? More enemies/objectives?

I may have to download them and play again. :p