Sign in to follow this  
Jelliz

Jelliz's missions (SP)

Should i make missions for ACE?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should i make missions for ACE?

• Yes
    • No

the fix to episode 1 was that the leader now waits outside of the building. before he would sometimes stop in the stairs and not move when he's supposed to.

in ep 2 i just moved the tank a few meters away to please the ACE2 users.

But i stand by my statements that my missions are not made with ace and might not work properly with it.

Im glad your making missions without ace to be fair, I cant get the damn fiddly thing to work so am sticking to vanilla until they make it a lot easier to install!

I cant get the damn fiddly thing to work so am sticking to vanilla until they make it a lot easier to install!

Yeah, same problem here too. Tried installing it yesterday but gave up:P

I couldn't be bothered figuring out the updating process either - But if you follow the basic steps for regular mod installation it still works fine as far as i can tell, just won't be updated when they update it.

All i did was download the zip file from armaholic (along with the ACE extras and the PLA mod) and then put it into @ACE/AddOns and it works as other mods do.

But...I do agree that ACE should be left out of these missions. It's a great mod but it's still in it's beta phase so there are still bugs/issues and conflicts with other mods, not to mention there is a severe shortage of missions that require no mods.

A mission without mods lets people use (most) mods they want and leave out those they don't want.

Edited by Nokturnal1ne

Thanks for the missions Jelliez!

Just played Ep.1 and liked it, I have one problem though:

but when the leader says he is going to plane the satchels he just stays put and not going anywhere. Any idea?

Thanks for the missions Jelliez!

Just played Ep.1 and liked it, I have one problem though:

Are you using the updated one? Have you tried restarting?

EDIT: he was synched to a faulty trigger, new version uploaded. Use the filefront link on the first post.

Edited by Jelliz

Are you using the updated one? Have you tried restarting?

EDIT: he was synched to a faulty trigger, new version uploaded. Use the filefront link on the first post.

If its updated before this morning then the trigger is still faulty because I downloaded the mission today and used the filefront link... I'll re-download it now and try again. thanks

Edited by Variable

These missions are supreme man, I look forward to future missions in this series, and anything else you have planned. (If you do).

Thanks mate for making a non ACE mission. Really appreciate being able to play a vanilla mission for once.

I personally think most of the stuff ACE adds is tacky and buggy, especially at this stage. No offense to the creators I think it will be awesome when the final version comes out but for now the changes aren't great enough to risk stability.

I have no visible steps in the apartment building of episode 1. I can go up but it is very difficult since there is no steps. Is this normal?

Edit: I didn't realize I was using the Porper_Building_Low_Visuals mod. I turned it off and now I have steps.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Played Episode 1 through and I felt it was a neat uncomlicated mission, just the way I like them. Alot of times, with trying to control to many AI men, it gets very messy and complicated since the command system is so intricate and they don't always listen to your commands properly, LOL. I did however find 1 problem though, I even tried to play it 3 times and it did it every time. I am using the v1.2 from filefront on your first post. The problem I encountered is that the other man never goes to plant the satchels, he just went back to the extraction point, therefore I never get credit for that objective being completed :(. I just wanted to share that with you and congradulate you on create a mission that is simple, fun and user freindly. Thank you!!!:D

Edited by Mysteryman5150
Fixed problem

Yup, the other guy never plants the sachets on my tries either... discouraged me from going on to episode 2...

yeah, this time i synched a trigger to a wrong waypoint(again). Hopefully fixed now. Filefront link is updated.

I played this again and it is even better now that he plants the satchels (More enemies to kill, hehe:)). However, I did experience a strange visual glitch, almost like looking through FLIR but not quite that intense (error about weather or something:confused:) as well as several script errors popped up when going through the waypoints, from the apartment to the extraction point. It didn't make it unplayable but I figured I would let you know and if you want to play through and check it out. Otherwise it was a great mission.

Edited by Mysteryman5150

I played this again and it is even better now that he plants the satchels (More enemies to kill, hehe). However, I did experience a strange visual glitch, almost like looking through FLIR but not quite that intense

My scripts are drugged? I dont get why you would get so many script errors, i have tested the mission now and i get 0 errors. Does it say what script is failing? And are you running any mods?

EDIT: Woaaah, got the same thing here. Doest seem like the command to fade in the fog (60 setfog 0.6) is working properly(60 setfog 0.6 is the command to change the fog to 6/10th of maximum in the course of 60 seconds). I get fog thats like 1 setfog 1. It comes at once and visual glitches follows. It worked when i played it through from the editor though, but when i tried it from "Scenarios" then the command fails. Thanks for letting me know =D

Edited by Jelliz

I am running mods, which may cause what is happening. It didn't seem to effect the game at all as...

I encountered 1 enemy car going from the apartment to the extraction point.

....So, therefore I don't think it affected anything except for the strange visual effect I mentioned. Like I said it didn't make it unplayable by any means and It could be a mod I am running. I will try to run vanilla at some point and see if it does it then. Most of my mods are to add (not replacer files) weapons, infantry, vehicles and islands, but I wouldn't assume they should have an affect on this since they are not called for in the mission. I don't run any ACE, SLX or Zeus type mods, hence why I appreciate your mission so much:D. I will let you know if I get a chance to try it vanilla and if it is different.

I found the error, it is the setfog command that isnt working correctly. Until i re-upload it with a fixed version(again:P), you can just change the view distance either up or down, and then back to where it was when it happens =)

Hi Jelliz, great mission so far but I'm also having the

"no satchel plant" problem on mission one

and I'm using the filefront 1.3 download.

@ col. flanders- Did you restart the missionb or resume it after updating to v1.3. I ask this, not to question your knowledge, but b/c I did try to just resume where I last saved and got the result of no satchel planting. I then restarted the mission and it all worked fine. If this helps awesome, if not I meant no insult by it;).

@ col. flanders- Did you restart the missionb or resume it after updating to v1.3. I ask this, not to question your knowledge, but b/c I did try to just resume where I last saved and got the result of no satchel planting. I then restarted the mission and it all worked fine. If this helps awesome, if not I meant no insult by it;).

No probs. :) I didn't actually update the mission (as in I never had the 1.0 version). I installed it only a few hours ago from the 1.3 link. Also, I didn't save at any point. Played straight through to the problem area and that was that (twice). My game also has no addons at all - plain vanilla 1.05.

It would be weird if you have that problem, it is definently fixed.

You shoot the guys in the apartment and the one who is coming from behind the hospital building, then the leader will go to the truck, plant the satchel, run back to the apartment building, and detonate the satchel.

The only issue in 1.3 version is the fog glitch that happens when you are extracting. Of course there might be that a script fails from time to time, but thats just Arma2:p

EDIT: Ive done some additional testing. Sometimes when the teamleader is engaged in combat on his way to plant the satchels or going back to the apartment building he stops and refuses to move. That is just Arma 2 AI. Restart the mission or revert to an earlier save if he is stuck.

Edited by Jelliz

Played Episode 2 & 3, Very good. I like your style of mission making:D. I had no errors in Episode 2. Episode 3 kept getting script errors starting in the opening map and then throughout the mission. It may be similar to the errors in Episode 1, i.e. switchmove errors and c5 calmingscript errors. There were some strange bright lighting effects...

when you join the team, after you kill the sniper and several times after that (not sure if that was intentional or not).

...They seemed to be timed with the script errors. Once again it did not make the mission unplayable, I just wanted to let you know. I don't understand why the missions run well in the editor but when you turn them into a scenerio these little script errors show up. Then again I don't know anything about making missions. Anyway, both 1,2 and 3 were very good:ok:. I hope you keep them coming and don't get discouraged with these scripting errors. BTW- I hope you don't mind me letting you know what I am finding when I play the missions, I am just trying to help you out from the players perspective.

Played Episode 2 & 3, Very good. I like your style of mission making:D. I had no errors in Episode 2. Episode 3 kept getting script errors starting in the opening map and then throughout the mission. It may be similar to the errors in Episode 1, i.e. switchmove errors and c5 calmingscript errors. There were some strange bright lighting effects...

when you join the team, after you kill the sniper and several times after that (not sure if that was intentional or not).

...They seemed to be timed with the script errors. Once again it did not make the mission unplayable, I just wanted to let you know. I don't understand why the missions run well in the editor but when you turn them into a scenerio these little script errors show up. Then again I don't know anything about making missions. Anyway, both 1,2 and 3 were very good:ok:. I hope you keep them coming and don't get discouraged with these scripting errors. BTW- I hope you don't mind me letting you know what I am finding when I play the missions, I am just trying to help you out from the players perspective.

Well, i cant for the life of me recreate your errors in episode 3:confused: If you are running any mods that must be the reason.

But anyhoo, working on this series is starting to bore me at critical levels. I wont do anymore episodes on Aleksei, but i will probably start working another mission pretty soon.

I have an idea about a mission inspired by cheesy 80's action movies and the "Evil twin, eviler twin" concept. More info to come:D

You are probably right about my mods causing the errors. I always forget about that, I will check that out. Thanks for the response and I will look forward to any new missions, that is, if you do decide to make anymore:).

Edited by Mysteryman5150

New mission added to the first post. Enjoy =)

Good work Jelliz :) Another great mission.

It looks excellent with JTD's new "fat rain" modification.

Also i'm very glad to see you are sticking with the idea of not playing as the leader - Makes it easier to focus on the job at hand.

Keep up the good work mate.

Only issue i had was:

After clearing Pogorevka a couple in our squad were distracted by the tanks/men up on the hill (where our tanks were firing at the start).

It appears our tanks didn't kill them, and this resulted in a couple of men in our squad running up to engage them...However, they didn't seem to even engage the enemy, they just ran back and forth up the road while the team leader kept telling them to regroup and move on to the next waypoint.

I'm not sure if this would of resolved itself because i simply restarted the mission after 5-10 mins of nothing happening.

But when i played it again this didn't occur...I guess this time our tanks did the job and took out the enemy units up on the hill?

Edited by Nokturnal1ne