Sign in to follow this  
Jelliz

Jelliz's missions (SP)

Should i make missions for ACE?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should i make missions for ACE?

• Yes
    • No

Looking good mate :) I see it will have great atmosphere like your other missions.

campaign is on hold until OA, hoping for a enhanced first aid module. But in the meantime i made a dogfight mission. See first post.

EDIT: Dogfight mission might sound questionable. Lets call it a aircombat mission.

Edited by Jelliz

campaign is on hold until OA, hoping for a enhanced first aid module. But in the meantime i made a dogfight mission. See first post.

A lot of us are. If it's not in OA, maybe we should get a team of community members together to rewrite it.

A lot of us are. If it's not in OA, maybe we should get a team of community members together to rewrite it.

Yeah, atleast i am hoping for it to be easier to seperate the features. If i only want drag and carry to be available(without all of those other scripts running, causing bugs), it would be nice to just "flip a switch" scripting wise.

Yeah, atleast i am hoping for it to be easier to seperate the features. If i only want drag and carry to be available(without all of those other scripts running, causing bugs), it would be nice to just "flip a switch" scripting wise.

Yes. That's exactly the issue I had with it. What I needed was to have a guy who is wounded that you could carry and drag, but not revive. Ended up having to do a bit of scripting to get it to work (including handling the animations for him being wounded myself).

Hey mate, love your work. Ive played your all along the watch tower mission was awesome. I just downloaded your Rabid dog mission and as soon as i got enemys on my radar everything just went slooooowwwww. Like i mean it was really slow. How many enemys do you have in that mission??

Hey mate, love your work. Ive played your all along the watch tower mission was awesome. I just downloaded your Rabid dog mission and as soon as i got enemys on my radar everything just went slooooowwwww. Like i mean it was really slow. How many enemys do you have in that mission??

Maybe a little too many(7 planes and 2 choppers i think), the flare countermeasure script might be slowing the computer down, its alot to process. Ill see if i cant refine the script some more.

Hey mate sorry to double post but im curious on how this two part campagin is coming along with the release of OA and all.

but im curious on how this two part campagin is coming along with the release of OA and all.

Not at all, i have already started making missions for OA, havent actually looked back to the old content(yet). I already have semi-completed two missions with a coherent story, and there might be a third.(Though i havent done briefings and dialouge yet, which is booooring)

ah ok i was looking foward to that lol oh well. Cant wait to see these new OA ones soon :)

Hi Jeliz,

Just finished your "all along the watchtower mission", Really good stuff mate I'm downloadindg your other missions now. Awesome intro and I love the fog and the colour filters aswell. I highly recommend these missions to anyone who likes atmosphere/story driven missions.

Thanks again mate!!!

New mission up! Download link in the first post.

Nice one, Jelliz! Going to give it a go soon. :D

Might I recommend you submit it to the OFPEC beta testing boards, so that perhaps you can get some more detailed feedback and, if needed, assistance?

Good to see you're back in action mate ;) Played the latest mission, nice work once again.

There was a bug at the start, i'm at work now so i can't go back to check what it was - However it wasn't the standard style of error message, it was transparent and said something about initialization i believe, it was then displayed in amongst the radio messages too. But whatever it was, i didn't notice any bug or error in the mission itself. (I'll get a screen shot later tonight if nobody else has done)

As for the mission, another great use of atmosphere. Nice and quick but with a decent amount of action. :thumbsup:

Having to assemble the MG and wait for targets was a nice change of pace from the standard squad-based assaults. I haven't seen it used much in other missions, and putting it up on the roof for the second half was a great idea.

Once again because the player didn't have to lead it was very easy to focus on the task, just follow around the guy with the MG and try to stay alive, and (while waiting for enemies) enjoy the atmosphere.

Looking down the foggy road with rain falling around you, waiting for the sound of technicals - Great stuff. ;)

My only suggestion would be to remove one of the truck-loads of enemy units towards the end, and instead have them approach on foot - If they were spread out and ready for action it may of posed a greater threat, but as it were i could pretty much just shred the vehicles and drop them once they unloaded, they hadn't much chance to return fire.

That being said we did lose 1 guy in the first firefight, and another just before the Warrior arrived, so it wasn't "too easy" or anything.

Looking forward to more. :D

There was a bug at the start, i'm at work now so i can't go back to check what it was - However it wasn't the standard style of error message, it was transparent and said something about initialization i believe, it was then displayed in amongst the radio messages too. But whatever it was, i didn't notice any bug or error in the mission itself. (I'll get a screen shot later tonight if nobody else has done)

hmmm, i had the effects module causing some errors when i made the mission, but that was quite random. But i never had them show in the radio messages:confused:

hmmm, i had the effects module causing some errors when i made the mission, but that was quite random. But i never had them show in the radio messages:confused:

Sounds like that's what it was - Just random. :confused:

I tried loading it up again, and no message... Tried another 3 times and still didn't get it...It was quite late lastnight when i played it, but i don't think i could of imagined it pausing and throwing up an error message.

But like i said, it didn't seem to have effected any of the game mechanics or scripts etc.. So no need to worry :D Now that i've loaded it up again..Might as well play it a second time. ;)

Latest beta-patch for OA broke the mission "The lost battalion". Updated version uploaded on the filefront mirror, will see to update the Armaholic and the StrategyInformer mirror aswell.

EDIT:

StrategyInformer mirror updated to v/1.1

All mirrors are now v/1.1.

Expect a new mission either before the weekend, or after.

Edited by Jelliz

I've experienced a major AI-bug in your scenario "All along the watchtower":

The AI-soldiers didn't move to their next waypoint after they had spotted an APC around the first village. The AI always gave me the task to engange this APC (with nothing more than a rifle *g*) which obviously was impossible to perform.

Also I was unable to download your mission "Episode 1 - The first strike" as the posted link on filefront is broken (v 1.3).

Edited by Velocity

Hey Jelliz,

I'm trying to play lost battalion but i'm being abit stupid, how do you assemble the GPMG? Once the backpacks are dropped there is no option to assemble. Sorry if this is obvious, i've never done it before. Thanks

Im also having problems setting up the GPMG, not sure how to do it. I'm sure im just missing something but im kinda stuck.

Aim at the bag your teammate drops, while you still have the tripod bag in your inventory. Then you should be able to assemble it via the action menu. As always, the action menu can be a little tricky, so if the "Assemble" option doesnt show, try moving around a little bit while aiming at the dropped bag.

Good missions here, Jelliz. One odd thing about the Lost Battalion one. Is there some kind of evil godforsaken trigger that kills Fitzpatrick if he runs out of ammo?

Once we get up on the roof, I've been killing FAVs left, right and centre. Fitzpatrick seems to take pleasure in shooting the empty ones, as the deluded AI often do. However, after he's emptied a few mags into them, he just inexplicably keels over and dies.

I have no explanation for this. My first thought was maybe the good old OFP shoot-at-the-ground-until-you-die bug, but his shots all clear the warehouse parapet. No idea why this happens; but it's occurred about 6 times now.

Good missions here, Jelliz. One odd thing about the Lost Battalion one. Is there some kind of evil godforsaken trigger that kills Fitzpatrick if he runs out of ammo?

Once we get up on the roof, I've been killing FAVs left, right and centre. Fitzpatrick seems to take pleasure in shooting the empty ones, as the deluded AI often do. However, after he's emptied a few mags into them, he just inexplicably keels over and dies.

I have no explanation for this. My first thought was maybe the good old OFP shoot-at-the-ground-until-you-die bug, but his shots all clear the warehouse parapet. No idea why this happens; but it's occurred about 6 times now.

Dont know where that comes from, ill see if i can fix that. Using any mods?